• 50+

3 75.00%
  • 40+

1 25.00%
  • Less than 40

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just think the Yabu experiment is over. I agree that Williams shouldn't be taking minutes from Baynes, but I do think that he should have ALL of Yabu's minutes.

I love Smart starting. It should stay that way even when Brown gets back.

He has a .523 TS% this year which is respectable. Hes making much better decisions on offense and not forcing as many shots.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    I love Smart starting. It should stay that way even when Brown gets back.

He has a .523 TS% this year which is respectable. Hes making much better decisions on offense and not forcing as many shots.
    Yup... He's playing like a guy who just signed a 52mil contract and finally grew up...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

To those who are waiting for the C's to lose, please stand up...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

IMO, a fair comparison as a floor for Williams III is Marcus Camby...

I went back to when Camby was drafted by the Raptors... Nothing different could have been done... 2nd overall pick to a terrible team... He was the best center coming out of college...

Then he was traded to NY... Ugh... Total waste playing alongside headcase Latrell Sprewell... he also wasn't going to get starters minutes at the 5 because of Ewing...

Then he was traded to Den... Talk about headcaseville...

Camby was a super talented hybrid foward/center who wasn't like any other bigs for that time in the 90's... If anything he is what the NBA is right now... You draft Camby within the last few drafts and he's a top 5 center in the league...

He was a pogo stick, who can run the floor, 7'6" wingspan who played volleyball with the other team, decent perimeter player with a solid inside game, but not the typical post up player... Little bit of today's Gobert and Jokic combined...

IMO, Williams III ceiling can be Robert Parrish (but he needs to develop a 15ft perimeter game)... Parrish, as ugly as his running looked, he could run the floor with the best and finish with a big time slam or an easy finger roll... He had a wingspan that allowed him and Mchale to play volleyball with the other team... He was also a great rebounder... Even in Parrish's hey days, Parrish was not the typical center being that he was so nimble with an outside touch...

Williams III Floor - Marcus Camby...

Williams III Ceiling - Robert Parrish...

Reggie Lewis

Ceiling is Dwight Howard, but I don't see him ever getting to THAT level

Nice to see a big game from Hayward. Big W on the road after a back-to-back. Starting the new thread is definitely the turning point in the season. Brown is gonna have to come off the bench. A 2nd unit of Rozier, Brown, Hayward, Theis, and Baynes might be the best in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    To those who are waiting for the C's to lose, please stand up...

Hayward looked like himself before the injury... 9 boards and 8 assists... Money at the line, 10 for 10... Been a while since a Celtic has been to the stripe 10 times... Good rest for him coming up... I hope 30min games are few and far between for him...

Unless a happens to someone in the new 1st unit, I don't see it changing... JB and Gordo off the bench has lots of potential...

I am loving what Smart is bringing to this team this season... He's playing within himself and within the offense better than I've ever seen... He's finally not dead last in TS%... He's been 15th or worse since he's been in the league... He's shooting 33% behind the arc... He seems to finally know his whole role, not just his defensive role...

I think come February the C's can do without Terry...

C's get Jamal Crawford and De'Anthony Melton...

Suns get Rozier... A Booker and Rozier starting backcourt would be a good thing for the Suns...

The C's can squeeze one more 15-20mpg out of Crawford for a playoff push...
    Last edited by Forever35; 12-02-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Maybe if the C's go 59 and 0 for the remainder of the season, than no one would stand up...

Reggie Lewis

About time for Hayward. I love the guy and he's been catching a ton of **** from people that don't understand the injury he went through. The guy almost had a bone pop through his leg and hes being criticized for his contract? its wild. It took Paul George 15 months before he started performing at the same level. Why do fans expect Gordon to be able to hop back in and be the same All-Star he was? He started full contact fullcourt again in August.

Anyways, great showing for him, and Jaylen Brown needs to get traded. His value will peak at some point this season and Ainge will fleece someone. He's overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Anyways, great showing for him, and Jaylen Brown needs to get traded. His value will peak at some point this season and Ainge will fleece someone. He's overkill.
    I don't see his value peaking this season... I'd give him another year... He's looking more and more like a 2nd unit guy... JB looks like he's all over the spectrum this year... Right now he's the 7th best guy on this roster...

IMO, DA isn't fleecing anyone with JB... He's exactly where AB was prior to his breakout season... Laying in the corners waiting for dish outs... He needs to find his go to shot and he needs to play better defensively...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I don't see his value peaking this season... I'd give him another year... He's looking more and more like a 2nd unit guy... JB looks like he's all over the spectrum this year... Right now he's the 7th best guy on this roster...

IMO, DA isn't fleecing anyone with JB... He's exactly where AB was prior to his breakout season... Laying in the corners waiting for dish outs... He needs to find his go to shot and he needs to play better defensively...
    Bradley was consistent in a role though. He was great as a 3 and D guard that could defend 1 through three. Jaylen Brown is too up and down. Some days he looks like a future all star and other he looks like a fringe starter who will put up numbers on a bad team. Its weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Bradley was consistent in a role though. He was great as a 3 and D guard that could defend 1 through three. Jaylen Brown is too up and down. Some days he looks like a future all star and other he looks like a fringe starter who will put up numbers on a bad team. Its weird.
    That's this year... He's definitely hot and cold... Get him consistent minutes off the bench and he'll be good...

It took AB a few years to become that consistent role player... Now I understand his injuries and his double shoulder surgery was a big factor, but IMO even without those injuries it would have taken him some time to get that consistency...

IMO JB is far ahead going into his 3rd season than AB was going into his 3rd season... I'd even go as far to say that it took AB 4 maybe 5 seasons to where JB was after his 2nd season...

JB has been frustrating, but it may be early to say that Gordo has almost turned the corner in getting his legs back under him... I figured it would take the halfway point or even the last 1/4 of the season to get in the swing of things... JB may actually be the last guy in the rotation to get in the swing of things... IMO, when that happens and if he stays with the 2nd unit, that unit will be very impressive... Baynes-Theis-Gordo-JB-Rozier...
    Last edited by Forever35; 12-02-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Reggie Lewis

Any disastrous offensive comments from anybody...??? I guess some are still waiting for the C's to fall apart...

Reggie Lewis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast