Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Number of wins for the 18'/19' Celtics

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 60+

    0 0%
  • 50+

    4 66.67%
  • 40+

    1 16.67%
  • Less than 40

    1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 445
  1. #406
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    I'm not ruling out a play-off run, but the quick & sudden shift in this team's attitude is very suspicious. If Kyrie stays and AD is acquired, one or both of Tatum/Brown are gone. If Kyrie is walking for NYK/BK, all the more reason to tune him out. Standing pat less Rozier/Morris has a 5% chance.

    Since that's been a source of contention, I wonder what's changed. Or is this just Kyrie being manic.
    Or youíve been wrong on literally everything Kyrie related like Iíve told you for months.

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Or youíve been wrong on literally everything Kyrie related like Iíve told you for months.
    You're actually right.

    Team is killing it in 1st place, met/exceeded expectations. Better than 15/16 Warriors & 95/96 Bulls - combined.

    Kyrie is not a toxic leader at all. He's been the bedrock of consistency for young players, definitely not the moody/flighty guy everyone thought.

    And the media! These new-school beat guys like Steve Bulpett, all about likes and clicks.

    Go Green!

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    ďAnd then Kyrie asked to talk to the whole team and had this huge life talk on the plane,Ē Simmons continued. ďKyrie apparently was like apologizing to everybody and said ĎI am not handling this well, I am sorry I am not doing this, I have been a dickí and just kind of did the whole thing.Ē
    https://defpen.com/kyrie-irving-apol...ach-teammates/

    Hmm, I thought everything was a media creation? All simpatico behind closed doors, us fans falling for clickbait. That's the star player admitting his role in team's dysfunction....

    See, this is precisely why I mistrust a Celtics-led Kyrie: we now know that the team lives and dies by his attitude. That's established fact: C's went from a fractured underperforming team of individuals, no fun or camaraderie, to being the '04 Red Sox -- almost overnight! Why? In large part because Kyrie apologized to the team 'for being a d***'. Acknowledged his shortcomings as a leader.

    "Ky's our leader and when he's in a great mood and he's feeling good, we're hard to beat and it's contagious. It rubs off on everybody else.Ē.

    So that's what determines things now: one moody star player's mood. WTF are we doing here?

    If Kyrie, since the CA flight, realized that 'alpha' isn't him -- decided to apologize and slide into an unassuming role, lead by top 12 play, not talk as much, hand the keys to Al and Stevens - fine. That's major progress, extend him for 5 years in July.

    But the dude is doubling down on that leadership role! If this is manic Kyrie, what does down Kyrie look like:

    ďI did some coaching on the plane, myself,Ē Irving told Salters. ďI helped Brad, I helped coach Stevens with some coaching.Ē.
    Last edited by elements1985; 03-10-2019 at 03:50 PM.

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,749
    Would be nice if the C's had some heat going into the post-season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  5. #410
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    You're actually right.

    Team is killing it in 1st place, met/exceeded expectations. Better than 15/16 Warriors & 95/96 Bulls - combined.

    Kyrie is not a toxic leader at all. He's been the bedrock of consistency for young players, definitely not the moody/flighty guy everyone thought.

    And the media! These new-school beat guys like Steve Bulpett, all about likes and clicks.

    Go Green!
    I know I am right. Literally everything Iíve said is true and youíve stuck to rumors and gossip.

    Losing isnít fun. No team has fun while losing or underperforming. If you ever played a sport in your life youíd know that. Losing = no fun = easy for media to create stories.

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    I know I am right. Literally everything Iíve said is true and youíve stuck to rumors and gossip.

    Losing isnít fun. No team has fun while losing or underperforming. If you ever played a sport in your life youíd know that. Losing = no fun = easy for media to create stories.
    Nice try gaslighting. This is where reading and having a curious mind could be useful: if C's dysfunction is from losing, why has the mood in the locker room been the same after wins and losses? Said reliable people on the beat.

    Moreover, C's have spent the better part of the last 20 years losing. The coverage now around the team is unprecedented. Don't tell me it's popularity, cuz team's ratings suck. And the new age/social media argument? Boston compared to Sox in the 90's is tame. This scrutiny is par for the course in this market.

    The ZH721 alternate reality says that the unhappiness is a product of losing. The C's, however, and basically everyone around the team, have suggested something deeper is driving the losing. Which perhaps explains why team had it's best road win of the season -- following a mid-air team meeting in which the star player apologized for 'being a dick'.

    Sorry to say, but your analysis (or lackthereof) on this team has been nothing short of lazy. And loose with the facts/details at best.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    694
    Nothing ďdeeperĒ is driving the losing. Itís a flawed team that had (still has) chemistry and fit issues. Losing isnít fun and creates problems on its own.

    Iím convinced at this point that Kyrie rejected you when you asked for an autograph or something.

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Nothing ďdeeperĒ is driving the losing. Itís a flawed team that had (still has) chemistry and fit issues. Losing isnít fun and creates problems on its own.

    Iím convinced at this point that Kyrie rejected you when you asked for an autograph or something.
    Think of how illogical this response is: Itís a flawed team that had (still has) chemistry and fit issues.

    What are we even arguing? Ya, they have chemistry issues. Because their star player is a j@ck@ss ... and even admitted so.

    So OTOH they don't have 'deeper issues', the frustration is from just losing. You know that from your experience in 4th grade rec basketball. On the other it's cuz they've had chemistry issues.

    You're all over the map. Any time you wanna tap out, I'll release this sleeper hold.

  9. #414
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    Think of how illogical this response is: Itís a flawed team that had (still has) chemistry and fit issues.

    What are we even arguing? Ya, they have chemistry issues. Because their star player is a j@ck@ss ... and even admitted so.

    So OTOH they don't have 'deeper issues', the frustration is from just losing. You know that from your experience in 4th grade rec basketball. On the other it's cuz they've had chemistry issues.

    You're all over the map. Any time you wanna tap out, I'll release this sleeper hold.
    They have chemistry issues because they were one game away from the finals and then added two 25-30 MPG players. Not to mention the team who played in the playoffs was super young. They have a roster full of guys who all think they should be starting and want their shots. Itís a ďnot enough shots for everyoneĒ situation. Youíve made it very clear to everyone youíve never played organized sports above probably middle school. Youíve never been on a team that underperformed (or been on a team at all). The small things that successful teams can brush off become bigger issues due to the (unexpected) losing.

    It isnít deep. Itís right there for everyone to see. The losing, on top of the young guys being upset about playing time is what caused the stress/anger on the team. All you have to do is look at the players public comments to see that.

    Iíve been right on everything lol. Youíre the one who needs to tap out bud.

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    They have chemistry issues because they were one game away from the finals and then added two 25-30 MPG players. Not to mention the team who played in the playoffs was super young. They have a roster full of guys who all think they should be starting and want their shots. Itís a ďnot enough shots for everyoneĒ situation. Youíve made it very clear to everyone youíve never played organized sports above probably middle school. Youíve never been on a team that underperformed (or been on a team at all). The small things that successful teams can brush off become bigger issues due to the (unexpected) losing.

    It isnít deep. Itís right there for everyone to see. The losing, on top of the young guys being upset about playing time is what caused the stress/anger on the team. All you have to do is look at the players public comments to see that.

    Iíve been right on everything lol. Youíre the one who needs to tap out bud.
    You just posted a video of Kyrie and JB/JT having fun at practice. All outside noise, remember? Rich Paul drama and Boston media creating a circus.

    Now you're suggesting that 'chemistry' problems started back in October. Long before the losing/disappointing season really set in.

    So, we have 3 arguments that all contradict one another:

    1. All simpatico internally, outside noise has it twisted.
    2. Internal frustrations, but exclusively from losing as the season developed. Dissension not among players.
    3. Locker room had issues from jump: veterans vs. kids, roles, chemistry, leadership. etc.

    Here's where you're being lazy. Brad's line-up for the first ~20 games was KI - GH - JT - JB - AH. USG% relatively consistent between all <> AH. Rozier the 6th man, averaging 22-25 MPG. Things were pretty good.

    Then Stevens moved Hayward to the bench, inserted Baynes as starter. So when you reference this 'not enough shots for everyone' narrative -- when specifically did that begin?

    If you want to go the chemistry route, there's a more compelling argument that things dissolved when Smart became a starter --> Hayward became the underserved 6th man --> Brown/Rozier got pushed down the depth chart.

    But I digress, the 800 lb. gorilla in the room is Kyrie.

    This season can't be understood without acknowledging why Kyrie is here: to be the lead dawg on a championship team and transition from sidepiece to icon. Not to win a championship, per se: make the team his, become the alpha, be viewed as someone that transcends basketball. Build a brand and win simultaneously.

    I'll concede that Hayward's performance (and perhaps preferential treatment from Brad) created dissension among JB/TR. But Kyrie's poisonous mindset is a major variable. When the player himself is apologizing for his behavior (before a marquee road win agains the NBA's best), it literally puts all your thoughts up in smoke.

    You told me Kyrie was behaving just fine all this time? So why did he apologize?

    Way different talent levels, sure. But any coincidence that LA and BOS are now two of the biggest sideshows in sports? What seems to be the commonality? If it's all losing, why don't we also here similar stories coming from DET, BRK, MIA, ORL, UTA, LAC, SAS? Not exactly small markets.

    It was reported that Tatum is Kyrie's only friend in the locker room. How do you explain that?
    Last edited by elements1985; 03-11-2019 at 02:01 PM.

  11. #416
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    You just posted a video of Kyrie and JB/JT having fun at practice. All outside noise, remember? Rich Paul drama and Boston media creating a circus.

    Now you're suggesting that 'chemistry' problems started back in October. Long before the losing/disappointing season really set in.

    So, we have 3 arguments that all contradict one another:

    1. All simpatico internally, outside noise has it twisted.
    2. Internal frustrations, but exclusively from losing as the season developed. Dissension not among players.
    3. Locker room had issues from jump: veterans vs. kids, roles, chemistry, leadership. etc.
    Two and three are the same. Losing isnít fun. Small things become annoying. The media has taken tiny stories and tried to make big stories to generate clicks (please tell me you understand how this works). The kids were annoyed with a lack of playing time and shots due to Kyrie/Hayward coming back. None of this contradicts each other. Keep reaching.

    Here's where you're being lazy. Brad's line-up for the first ~20 games was KI - GH - JT - JB - AH. USG% relatively consistent between all <> AH. Rozier the 6th man, averaging 22-25 MPG. Things were pretty good.

    Then Stevens moved Hayward to the bench, inserted Baynes as starter. So when you reference this 'not enough shots for everyone' narrative -- when specifically did that begin?
    It began before the season started. Everyone knew it would be difficult. If youíre trying to tell me that Rozier/Brown werenít or arenít upset at their role, LOL.

    If you want to go the chemistry route, there's a more compelling argument that things dissolved when Smart became a starter --> Hayward became the underserved 6th man --> Brown/Rozier got pushed down the depth chart.

    But I digress, the 800 lb. gorilla in the room is Kyrie.

    This season can't be understood without acknowledging why Kyrie is here: to be the lead dawg on a championship team and transition from sidepiece to icon. Not to win a championship, per se: make the team his, become the alpha, be viewed as someone that transcends basketball. Build a brand and win simultaneously.
    There you go with the random Kyrie garbage again.

    I'll concede that Hayward's performance (and perhaps preferential treatment from Brad) created dissension among JB/TR. But Kyrie's poisonous mindset is a major variable. When the player himself is apologizing for his behavior (before a marquee road win agains the NBA's best), it literally puts all your thoughts up in smoke.

    You told me Kyrie was behaving just fine all this time? So why did he apologize?
    Poisonous mindset lmao.

    You have no idea what was actually said on the plane except for, you guessed it, a single media story from a single source.

    Way different talent levels, sure. But any coincidence that LA and BOS are now two of the biggest sideshows in sports? What seems to be the commonality? If it's all losing, why don't we also here similar stories coming from DET, BRK, MIA, ORL, UTA, LAC, SAS? Not exactly small markets.

    It was reported that Tatum is Kyrie's only friend in the locker room. How do you explain that?
    Because their ****ing markets are completely different. Holy ****ing **** lol. This guy is comparing Boston/LA to ****ing Utah.

    Have the last word. This isnít worth my time.
    Last edited by ZH721; 03-12-2019 at 02:23 PM.

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Two and three are the same. Losing isnít fun. Small things become annoying. The media has taken tiny stories and tried to make big stories to generate clicks (please tell me you understand how this works). The kids were annoyed with a lack of playing time and shots due to Kyrie/Hayward coming back. None of this contradicts each other. Keep reaching.



    It began before the season started. Everyone knew it would be difficult. If youíre trying to tell me that Rozier/Brown werenít or arenít upset at their role, LOL.



    There you go with the random Kyrie garbage again.



    Poisonous mindset lmao.

    You have no idea what was actually said on the plane expect for, you guessed it, a single media story from a single source.



    Because their ****ing markets are completely different. Holy ****ing **** lol. This guy is coming Boston/LA to ****ing Utah.

    Have the last word. This isnít worth my time.
    Top 6 guys when the season began were KI - GH - AH - JT - JB - TR. I dunno what you're talking about with 'lack of playing time', it's false (and lazy) narrative. Roles and playing time didn't really change till Hayward became 6th man.

    But that's how you debate: say something of little substance --> get challenged --> act outraged/be smug/play to an audience --> dodge the question like a a featherweight.

    3-4 months of you suggesting Kyrie isn't a problem. He apologizes to teammates/media for his behavior and you default to 'we don't know what was said'. While pretending to know what TR/JB are saying behind closed doors. Makes sense.

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,749
    Felt like an All-Star type scoring game except that there was only one All-Star team... Crazy % numbers by LAC last night... Every LAC starter shot over 50% all over the court...

    Lou Williams is just flat out balling even though he's down to 26mpg compared to last season's 32mpg... Crazy...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Most likely short-lived, but gotta give Kyrie credit for apologizing to teammates/media.

    Media kinda exaggerating how good he's been the past month (see BBR Game Scores) but Brown's handle and shots are getting better. Couple step back jumpers he never woulda made in year 1.

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,854
    Up by 21 with 1:35 left in the 3rd and the Hawks cut the lead to 3 with 7:30 to play in the 4th, how the hell does that happen??

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •