Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Brown is wing SG/SF and small ball PF. He would be slow like Brogdon at PG. Also like gopackgo said his passing would be lousy for a PG.
    don't reed what he says anymore... I have him in my ignore... Brown can play PG/SG combo guard now and continues to develop his playmaking, ball handling and dribbling as well as game reading, in case the team will have a need for him to help in case something goes wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    The good:1. He signed coach Budenholzer,
    2. He signed Tony Snell to a multiyear contract.
    3. He picked D.J. Wilson
    4. He signed Christian Wood.
    5. He signed Pat Connaughton
    6. He signed Brook Lopez to a fair deal.

The bad: 1. He didn't replace Telletovic before the playoffs last season, lost Bellinelli and Ilyasova to the 76ers for the playoffs.
    2. He signed useless for the playoffs, Shabazz Muhammond & Brandon Jennings
    3. He lost another pick on the Zeller deal and then waived Zeller.

The ugly: 1. He thinned the team in Center position last season and lost 2 picks in the deal...
    2. He fired Kidd, but didn't replace him as to have the team coached properly for the playoffs.
    3. He blew the deal with the Hawks as to trade the 17th pick for the 19th and the 30th one at the 2018 draft night, which would have led to the Bucks picking both Divicenzo (with the 30th) and the 19th pick on top, by letting leak that the Bucks were going to pick Divicenzo (who nobody else wanted in the first round)!!!
    Surely the "Hill trade" must be valued as a "huge plus" for Jon Horst! What a magnificent move that was!

1000 Bravo to Jon...
    Last edited by buckalis; 12-24-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Surely the "Hill trade" must be valued as a "huge plus" for Jon Horst! What a magnificent move that was!

1000 Bravo to Jon...
    No doubt about it. The Hill trade not only gives Bucks a good bench player but he can play on or off the ball and is a good defender. Not only that but the move clears more money. Definitely great move by Horst.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    You think Sterling Brown will be promoted to combo guard over DD? I disagree whole-heartedly. That is the plan for who? I don't think it's the Bucks.
    No... I think that Sterling will replace both Donte and Pat in the rotation right now (as it happens) and that Donte will be with the Herd for sometime until he becomes "NBA ready"... but that is only one that has some basketball skills can say... you have none!

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I would rather play Wood now. Thon is 3 years in and doesn't seem "NBA ready" most nights. It's really odd too. Right when he puts together a couple good games, Thon comes out and looks horrible like his first time out on the floor.
    It's still because you have no basketball skills as to judge the situation... Wood can be a much better player than Thon in the long term, but he isn't NBA ready yet... Thon is!

I just hate it when people propose nonesense out of their ignorance, that contradict with the coaches decision... You really think you know more than coach Bud or me... don't you?

No... I think that Sterling will replace both Donte and Pat in the rotation right now (as it happens) and that Donte will be with the Herd for sometime until he becomes "NBA ready"... but that is only one that has some basketball skills can say... you have none!

I wasnt arguing over depth chart that SB isn't a PG. He is a SG period.

It's still because you have no basketball skills as to judge the situation... Wood can be a much better player than Thon in the long term, but he isn't NBA ready yet... Thon is!

I just hate it when people propose nonesense out of their ignorance, that contradict with the coaches decision... You really think you know more than coach Bud or me... don't you?
    When Thon hits shot he looks "NBA ready." But he gets pushed around with ease on the boards. Wood is a better all-around player and can do more things right now including board. Then can't really do anything except catch and shoot at the offensive end. I love his activity defensively though.

Horst doing well as of late with Wilson doing okay last few games. But dont forget last draft where our office had a leak. We had two draft days trades to get a extra second round pick to move down a spot or so with Hawks or Pacers then twitter already showed who we wanted so them teams backed out cause they knew who we were gonna pick other wise without trading.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Horst doing well as of late with Wilson doing okay last few games. But dont forget last draft where our office had a leak. We had two draft days trades to get a extra second round pick to move down a spot or so with Hawks or Pacers then twitter already showed who we wanted so them teams backed out cause they knew who we were gonna pick other wise without trading.
    it was a 1st round pick we lost... We would give the 17th to the Hawks and get the 19th & 30th back... We could have signed Hutchinson with the 19th and DDV with 30th... (nobody wanted DDV in the first round).

Yeah I guess it was a first. I know we had a deal with Pacers as well.

Although there may be speculation about Antetokounmpo’s future in Milwaukee from rival executives, Bucks GM Jon Horst isn’t preoccupied by thoughts of Giannis’ next contract, writes Beck.

“The truth is, it really isn’t the biggest thing on our mind,” Horst said. “The biggest thing on our mind is how do we take a step from last year to this year and continue to improve? And if we do all the right things along the way, and we take the appropriate steps … it will take care of itself.”

Here’s more from Horst on the Bucks’ long-term outlook, via Beck:

“We want to build something sustainable. We want to compete for multiple championships over a long period of time. … I think if we just take all those kind of intentional, organic steps along the way, I think we can position ourselves to have long-term success. And Giannis is the key ingredient to that. You gotta have one of those. We have one.”

Here is how Jon Horst visualizes the future Bucks with Giannis in the team... "Multiple championships with a sustainable team"... https://www.hoopsrumors.com/eric-bledsoe

Horst continues to dazzle recently with bringing in Gasol and signing Bledsoe to extension that is only a slight upgrade in pay from 14 mill to 17.5. He would have commanded more in FA you'd have to think. This is nice to get a deal done to only have 4 guys now in FA: Midd, Brogdon (RFA), Lopez and Mirotic.

I think a trade of Snell or Ersan or both would have to happen in the offseason to either keep the core together or bring in a max deal guy. The Bledsoe extension also guards against Brogdon getting a crazy deal and needing to let walk. I hope Brogdon can be brought back on a team-friendly deal. But a team might give him something like Bledsoe just got and I am not sure I would agree to that. Also I think have to cut cord with Ersan and Bud lol. Ersan getting PT yet with Mirotic, Giannis, Lopez, DJ now Gasol....seems super man-crush lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12