Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    437

    This Franchise Is a Mess

    Let's see, where do we start?

    1. Josh Norman, who no longer is a lockdown corner and can't even cover the average WR without a 10 yard cushion is way overpaid stealing 75 million from the skins. His "loudmouth" act is also beginning to wear very thin as he can no longer back up his play yet complains about the fans booing him at Fedex.

    2. With the exception of DJ Swearinger, the secondary is atrocious and full of players who wouldn't even sniff the bench on an NFL roster elsewhere. The defensive coordinator Manusky has to play these practice squad DB's 15 yards off the line of scrimmage consistently leaving the middle of the field wide open. His bend but don't break defense has caused turnovers only when the other team screws up or when the pass rush gets to the QB which is rare. The uncreative blitz schemes are always usually picked up allowing opposing QB's to have a field day.

    3. Alex Smith was only mediocre before the potential career ending injury that tore up his leg. How much confidence to do we have in him after surgery? Regardless, we owe him 71 million!

    4. This team might only have 2 wins so far if it weren't for Adrian Peterson. He's had a good year, but can't be that effective every game and is slowing down. He'll most likely want more money next year than the 900k we're paying him. Who knows what the Guice kid offers who's never played an NFL down but has already had a major injury.

    5. The WR's are putrid. Crowder is just a slot guy who's injured. Paul Richardson is not a #1, injured also. Doctson is nothing special. Bums like Maurice Harris and Michael Floyd shouldn't even sniff the field yet the skins are forced to start them.

    6. Mason Foster is a liability!

    7. Gruden is the same below average coach making the same mistakes who can't call plays and never has his team prepared year after year.

    It's time for Snyder to step in, fire Bruce Allen and the whole Tampa Gang and get a real GM in here to hire a new coach and staff and build this team through the draft the right way.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,802
    Can't disagree with much of that,but, I am an eternal optimist with this team.

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,214
    Preston Smith and the two Bama boys are pretty good though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    14,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Preston Smith and the two Bama boys are pretty good though.
    The Bama boys are great, but Preston Smith is better with his hand on the ground and not standing up, and is consistently inconsistent. He will have a great game like yesterday, and then disappear for a couple games. He is a free agent this offseason and I am not sure we bring him back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    14,918
    Bruce Allen picked Alex Smith to try and salvage his career. The injury may have bought Allen and Gruden another season, but the Redskins need to move on in the worst way.

    How Bruce Allen managed to alienate Kirk Cousins, I have no idea. Supposedly it's the money, but they essentially paid Alex Smith the same amount of money, especially once you factor in the third round pick and Kendall Fuller. So who knows what Allen was thinking when he made this decision.

    Also, Richardson has a huge injury history, and they guaranteed him quite a bit hoping he would be a #1. Smart front offices don't pay a guy for potential, they pay for production. The coaches were so desperate for a downfield threat that they drastically overpaid, and are now paying the price for their shortsightedness.


    I know the offensive line has weathered a lot of injuries, I get that. However, Gruden is still the same average playcaller who can't manage the clock and his time outs, and this is going on three seasons that Mason Foster has been a huge defensive liability against the pass.

    Considering that the Redskins are stuck with the Alex Smith cap hit and have no idea when he will be able to play again, that just forced the front office's hand to draft a QB in the first or second round, someone who might have to play immediately. The rules in the NFL make that a much easier proposition than in year's past, but this offense still needs another healthy playmaker and interior lineman to make that transition work.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScab View Post
    Let's see, where do we start?

    1. Josh Norman, who no longer is a lockdown corner and can't even cover the average WR without a 10 yard cushion is way overpaid stealing 75 million from the skins. His "loudmouth" act is also beginning to wear very thin as he can no longer back up his play yet complains about the fans booing him at Fedex.

    2. With the exception of DJ Swearinger, the secondary is atrocious and full of players who wouldn't even sniff the bench on an NFL roster elsewhere. The defensive coordinator Manusky has to play these practice squad DB's 15 yards off the line of scrimmage consistently leaving the middle of the field wide open. His bend but don't break defense has caused turnovers only when the other team screws up or when the pass rush gets to the QB which is rare. The uncreative blitz schemes are always usually picked up allowing opposing QB's to have a field day.

    3. Alex Smith was only mediocre before the potential career ending injury that tore up his leg. How much confidence to do we have in him after surgery? Regardless, we owe him 71 million!

    4. This team might only have 2 wins so far if it weren't for Adrian Peterson. He's had a good year, but can't be that effective every game and is slowing down. He'll most likely want more money next year than the 900k we're paying him. Who knows what the Guice kid offers who's never played an NFL down but has already had a major injury.

    5. The WR's are putrid. Crowder is just a slot guy who's injured. Paul Richardson is not a #1, injured also. Doctson is nothing special. Bums like Maurice Harris and Michael Floyd shouldn't even sniff the field yet the skins are forced to start them.

    6. Mason Foster is a liability!

    7. Gruden is the same below average coach making the same mistakes who can't call plays and never has his team prepared year after year.

    It's time for Snyder to step in, fire Bruce Allen and the whole Tampa Gang and get a real GM in here to hire a new coach and staff and build this team through the draft the right way.
    1) Norman will probably be released this offseason
    2) Norman is a part of the secondary, he is overpaid but he can be replaced. Swearinger and Dix will be a solid safety combo, Dumbar has been hurt lately, which has been when we started losing.
    3) I disliked the trade, and I absolutely hated the contract when it all happened
    4) Iduno what to say? I think we've done pretty good picking up AP when our projected starter went down with a torn ACL... not sure how that should be filed under the "this franchise is a mess" file, I think that should be in the "that was actually a good decision by our front office" file
    5) We knew all this after 2016, but yet we didn't go after any real pass catchers in the draft or FA
    6) Agreed, I would have rather kept Wil Compton but whatev
    7) Im not ready for Gruden to be fired yet.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    14,918
    I might be done as a Redskins fan. Our illustrious team president removes our former GM for an issue with alcohol, but claims a player on waivers who beats women.

    Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder will never change at this point.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    29,641
    I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought the Foster signing was fantastic.

    If it turns out he's guilty, **** him, he's out of the league. If he's innocent, however, we essentially just got a first round pick for free.

    This is a football team, not a church choir. I couldn't give two ***** about how this looks from a PR standpoint. If Foster does somehow end up playing for us, he's a monumental upgrade over Mason Foster.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought the Foster signing was fantastic.

    If it turns out he's guilty, **** him, he's out of the league. If he's innocent, however, we essentially just got a first round pick for free.

    This is a football team, not a church choir. I couldn't give two ***** about how this looks from a PR standpoint. If Foster does somehow end up playing for us, he's a monumental upgrade over Mason Foster.
    I'm with you on your second part of the comment. I personally wouldn't have claimed or wanted us to sign him, but now that we have him **** it.... a couple days of bad pub. for a huge upgrade next year at MLB. We aren't the first team in the history of football to take a chance on a talented knucklehead, and we certainly wont be the last.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,802
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought the Foster signing was fantastic.

    If it turns out he's guilty, **** him, he's out of the league. If he's innocent, however, we essentially just got a first round pick for free.

    This is a football team, not a church choir. I couldn't give two ***** about how this looks from a PR standpoint. If Foster does somehow end up playing for us, he's a monumental upgrade over Mason Foster.
    Nope, you are not the minority here. I agree....he has a huge upside if he is cleared. Social media however is eaten up with hate for him. This girl has already once admitted she lied.....why should we believe her now ?

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Nope, you are not the minority here. I agree....he has a huge upside if he is cleared. Social media however is eaten up with hate for him. This girl has already once admitted she lied.....why should we believe her now ?
    media.... guilty until proven innocent
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    14,918
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    media.... guilty until proven innocent
    He's already served a suspension for domestic violence earlier this year. So this isn't a second chance for Foster. Oh, and apparently he was arrested in October and did not inform the 49ers of that. So this is possibly his third arrest for domestic violence.

    Don't like domestic violence? How about his diluted combine sample, being sent home from the combine, the club incident or the arrest for drugs/guns?

    Trouble follows this guy wherever he goes, and the Niners gave him a lot of chances. There was no need for us to give him another.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He's already served a suspension for domestic violence earlier this year. So this isn't a second chance for Foster. Oh, and apparently he was arrested in October and did not inform the 49ers of that. So this is possibly his third arrest for domestic violence.

    Don't like domestic violence? How about his diluted combine sample, being sent home from the combine, the club incident or the arrest for drugs/guns?

    Trouble follows this guy wherever he goes, and the Niners gave him a lot of chances. There was no need for us to give him another.
    Ill agree with everything you said, but my initial statement isn't wrong, no matter who it is anymore....

    I really don't care about popping positive for illegal substances or guns... if I did I would hate some of the greatest players to put on burgundy and gold.... Sean Talyor, Dexter Manley, Trent Williams are just a couple that come to mind off the top of my head without any research.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 11-29-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    14,918
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Ill agree with everything you said, but my initial statement isn't wrong, no matter who it is anymore....

    I really don't care about popping positive for illegal substances or guns... if I did I would hate some of the greatest players to put on burgundy and gold.... Sean Talyor, Dexter Manley, Trent Williams are just a couple that come to mind off the top of my head without any research.
    In the case of those guys, it's one thing. I can get by with one thing. More often than not, it's a player making a mistake. Taylor made some bone-headed mistakes, and then ultimately paid for it with his life while protecting his family, because he did turn his life around and got rid of his guns.

    It's everything together, and it's all within a short timeframe. Foster's had five chances in a sense, why did the Redskins feel obligated to give him a sixth? Especially when we fired a guy in the front office for alcohol? It makes ZERO sense.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    In the case of those guys, it's one thing. I can get by with one thing. More often than not, it's a player making a mistake. Taylor made some bone-headed mistakes, and then ultimately paid for it with his life while protecting his family, because he did turn his life around and got rid of his guns.

    It's everything together, and it's all within a short timeframe. Foster's had five chances in a sense, why did the Redskins feel obligated to give him a sixth? Especially when we fired a guy in the front office for alcohol? It makes ZERO sense.
    It wasn't the fact he owned guns, its he threated someone with them.... if he couldn't control himself with them, than yes its a good thing he got rid of them, but im def. not trying to turn this into a gun control thread.

    Pretty sure he had a DUI before the whole assault charge over the stolen ATVs thing happened

    But I understand what youre saying, I just really don't care. If hes legally able to play in the NFL someone was going to employ him that's they way I look at it. I would have rather it not have been the skins, but it was.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 11-29-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •