Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

thank you LVE and we are sorry

all of you can come on here now and claim LVE was your top guy after the fact but truth is most if not everyone of us wanted James or another playmaker on offense or defense with our 1st rounder. Most of us thought what we presumed and were told, he was going to be the third linebacker, and he was but he was really good but now he has made sean lee that third linebacker when he comes back. yes injuries have a lot to do with it but if LVE wasnt playing well, let alone great. Sean Lee would come back and start. So thank you LVE, none of us wanted you to fail we dont want anyone to fail that wears this jersey but we were wrong.

I also loved the pick, so just gonna put this here too:

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think we aced our draft overall. Yeah we didn't get a safety or a DT (even if we traded for one), but we all wanted to draft BPA rather than for need and that's exactly what they did. I think the Cedric Wilson pick is going to turn into a steal too. To get Gallup and Wilson was awesome, two of my favorite WRs in the draft. LVE was an aced first pick, Williams was a steal at 50. White is a good QB with potential, which is important if Dak doesn't improve. I like what we did overall.

Now, they still do need a safety and DT, though, so signing them on May 12 (after comp picks no longer matter) will be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I also loved the pick, so just gonna put this here too:
    Nice job Mamba - As I told my non-football interested wife - I predict LVE will be much better than Sean Lee at his best. I dont think we are even beginning to see the upside of his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Nice job Mamba - As I told my non-football interested wife - I predict LVE will be much better than Sean Lee at his best. I dont think we are even beginning to see the upside of his potential.
    It would be awesome if he was better than Sean Lee at his best, but that's a really tall order! It'll be really interesting to see how he develops with more time with NFL coaches and trainers. Dude could be an absolute monster. In that draft thread someone said that Marinelli compared LVE to Urlacher. That'd be amazing.

I'd like to see Lee come back and all 3 of them be rotated throughout the game to keep all 3 fresh and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I'd like to see Lee come back and all 3 of them be rotated throughout the game to keep all 3 fresh and healthy.
    Potentially help Sean stay healthy (healthier) to boot.

[emoji1384]*[emoji3603]

I was definitely one of those clamoring for Derwin James more so than anything. And if not Derwin than I definitely wanted a receiver.

Iíll admit that I was worried about the value of the pick because we were drafting at a position that was already a bit of a strength and that would could do with a signing a serviceable backup whilst getting a major upgrade at the safety position.

Iím honestly ecstatic how well LVE is working out and that we are no longer hamstrung by a Sean Lee injury. But really any which way we would have gone in the draft at that point would not have been wrong.

James looks like a stud and is LVEís direct competition for DROY, and both Ridley and Moore look to be really good young receivers.

We canít forget that safety is still the weak link in our defense (come on down ET?!?), and that we also went ahead and tossed a first round pick for a receiver that as soon as next year will be making $15M (cheap young players are how you build successful teams by allowing you to pay elsewhere to fill out your mainstays and holes).

Not trying to be a wet blanket, because there are plenty of other teams wishing their first rounders worked out half as well as LVE looks like he will. But we were in a very fortunate position in retrospect in the options we had to pick from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

For the last two years Iíve wanted them to take a LB high. Especially with Sean Leeís injury history and the unknown status of Jaylonís knee. LVE was not the guy I wanted though. This past year I wanted a WR. I did not think LVE would be this good. With the continued improvement of Jaylonís knee they now appear to have the best set of young LBís in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    For the last two years Iíve wanted them to take a LB high. Especially with Sean Leeís injury history and the unknown status of Jaylonís knee. LVE was not the guy I wanted though. This past year I wanted a WR. I did not think LVE would be this good. With the continued improvement of Jaylonís knee they now appear to have the best set of young LBís in the NFL.
    Potentially the best and by far the coolest looking combo with their combined size, speed and LVE's killer neck brace.

Potentially the best and by far the coolest looking combo with their combined size, speed and LVE's killer neck brace.
    I wasnít feeling the neck brace at first either! Lol!
    It does give him an old school look and makes him look very menacing.

LVE, LVE, LVE. Superstar in the making. The sheer size and speed of LVE and Jaylon is overwhelming. Lee who?

LVE, LVE, LVE. Superstar in the making. The sheer size and speed of LVE and Jaylon is overwhelming. Lee who?
    Right now they are probably the two best LBís in the NFL. If they can find them a dominants SAM LB they will easily be the best LB Corp in the NFL (if theyíre not already).

We have one, Lee. The SAM isn't on the field as often as the other 2. Perfect spot for Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    We have one, Lee. The SAM isn't on the field as often as the other 2. Perfect spot for Lee.
    Yep. Lee's playing time shouldnt come at the expense of LVE. He and Jaylon have earned the right to continue to beat people up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast