Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    For those who did see what else happen today.

https://twitter.com/fishsports/statu...940534272?s=21

Yeah that really sucks for Gallup. I can't imagine he plays Thursday. That's a quick turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Can you believe we have a chance to tie for first place now?
    It's pretty cool that we do. Our team is rounding into shape now a bit more. Our offense still needs to improve a lot, but with our defense we should be in virtually every game (except maybe the Saints).

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    The redskins are very very injured. They have injuries all over the place. We really should romp them.
    I hope so. They are ravaged right now and hopefully we can get Lee/Irving back soon too. That'd improve our defense even more.

What do you think about the LG situation? Williams should be back now but I want to roll with Sua Filo.

While going back through this thread it is pretty interesting that nobody said "hey good job Dak for leading the team down for the game winning FG with just a few minutes left" We are quick to point out deficiencies and a missed receiver and fairly slow to non existent in giving him praise for what is now a lot of game winning or go-ahead with a few minutes left drives.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    While going back through this thread it is pretty interesting that nobody said "hey good job Dak for leading the team down for the game winning FG with just a few minutes left" We are quick to point out deficiencies and a missed receiver and fairly slow to non existent in giving him praise for what is now a lot of game winning or go-ahead with a few minutes left drives.
    I think Dak plays better when they go no huddle and he doesn't have time to think about what he's doing. It seems when he has to just react to the patterns being run he can get it done. I still think he could be an ok QB, just needs to learn to read Defenses quicker, get the ball out faster, and trust his arm (there are times he should throw the ball to a spot before the WR is there but he doesn't, even if the WR is going to be wide open at that point).

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I think Dak plays better when they go no huddle and he doesn't have time to think about what he's doing. It seems when he has to just react to the patterns being run he can get it done. I still think he could be an ok QB, just needs to learn to read Defenses quicker, get the ball out faster, and trust his arm (there are times he should throw the ball to a spot before the WR is there but he doesn't, even if the WR is going to be wide open at that point).
    I dont disagree. We have one more year of data to base decision on.

I was completely wrong about the pick. Even if he was good I hated that we had Derwin right in reaching distance at a need position along with both WR's. Really all 4 of those players look like they will be very good at this point.

If we get Earl next year as a FA, this defense will be superbowl level good.
    We haven't even seen this defense at full strength yet. Maybe, when all those guys come together it might be even stronger. Also, they've spent most of the money on the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah that really sucks for Gallup. I can't imagine he plays Thursday. That's a quick turnaround.

It's pretty cool that we do. Our team is rounding into shape now a bit more. Our offense still needs to improve a lot, but with our defense we should be in virtually every game (except maybe the Saints).

I hope so. They are ravaged right now and hopefully we can get Lee/Irving back soon too. That'd improve our defense even more.

What do you think about the LG situation? Williams should be back now but I want to roll with Sua Filo.
    The defense has been hovering around the top 6 mark. The offensive struggles was what has kept this team down. They were hovering around the bottom of the league on offense for much of the first half of the season. But, when the offense played well, the team has seemed to rally. Maybe, if both sides of the ball play well at the same time. They do seem to have improved the last two games. One thing's for sure...they need to continue to find ways to get Zeke the ball. When he has a big game, that seems to really make the offense explosive.

The defense has been hovering around the top 6 mark. The offensive struggles was what has kept this team down. They were hovering around the bottom of the league on offense for much of the first half of the season. But, when the offense played well, the team has seemed to rally. Maybe, if both sides of the ball play well at the same time. They do seem to have improved the last two games. One thing's for sure...they need to continue to find ways to get Zeke the ball. When he has a big game, that seems to really make the offense explosive.
    AKA COACHING!!! It makes a difference - just see Jeff Fisher vs. Sean McVay

I dont disagree. We have one more year of data to base decision on.
    You might be right about Dak. It really could just be coaching. I've been of the mind that it's poor coaching (especially on the part of Garrett) and that Dak just lost confidence in his arm and his protection. He definitely looked sharper against Atlanta and, despite a few missed easy throws, against Philly too.

AKA COACHING!!! It makes a difference - just see Jeff Fisher vs. Sean McVay
    Did you watch the Rams/Chiefs game last night? I was drooling. The plays they were calling. The offense on display. It was insane. Coaches are getting so innovative these days. And it's not even like the defenses weren't hustling. Just great offense.

You might be right about Dak. It really could just be coaching. I've been of the mind that it's poor coaching (especially on the part of Garrett) and that Dak just lost confidence in his arm and his protection. He definitely looked sharper against Atlanta and, despite a few missed easy throws, against Philly too.
    You can't put it all on coaching. The offense was more complicated 3 years ago. But, they could really help him out by calling plays that are hard to defend. Some of those plays I saw last night, as a defender, I don't know how you defend. Balls are zipping all over the field. Crossing routes galore. I am still buzzing about that game. wow. What a classic. I wish our team looked like that. I wonder between the Saints, Rams and Chiefs how would they stack up against each other. Dak has the right attitude and is willing to learn...

You can't put it all on coaching. The offense was more complicated 3 years ago. But, they could really help him out by calling plays that are hard to defend. Some of those plays I saw last night, as a defender, I don't know how you defend. Balls are zipping all over the field. Crossing routes galore. I am still buzzing about that game. wow. What a classic. I wish our team looked like that. I wonder between the Saints, Rams and Chiefs how would they stack up against each other. Dak has the right attitude and is willing to learn...
    Absolutely gentlemen - the schemes that McVay runs are off the charts creative with the 4 verticals crossing routes etc. Almost every play is a "legal" pick with the defensive backs rendered helpless. Compare their separation to the standard Cowboys routes of running to the sticks then turning around. At least Cooper has helped in the route running the last 3 weeks. Thought experiment - swap coaches with the Rams - Do you think Goff would be doing what he is doing with the Garrett circa 1991 offensive philosophy? I think not. See Goff just 24 months ago with Jeff Fisher.

100% should roll with Sua Filo. Williams just isnít strong enough to play in the nfl yet. Let him hit the weight room for a year and then we can reevaluate him as the starter at LG.

When our LG position has been stable weíve been a vastly more successful offense as a whole these past few years. When itís not we struggle big time. Itís actually a much more pivotal position than the RT one imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

100% should roll with Sua Filo. Williams just isnít strong enough to play in the nfl yet. Let him hit the weight room for a year and then we can reevaluate him as the starter at LG.

When our LG position has been stable weíve been a vastly more successful offense as a whole these past few years. When itís not we struggle big time. Itís actually a much more pivotal position than the RT one imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíd actually prefer that Looney be given a shot to start at LG next season when Fredrick returns. Heís played well enough to start there. Or at least well enough to challenge for the starting spot. I think Williams best spot might be at RT with Collins moving back inside (to challenge Looney). Suía-Filo provide very solid depth.

Absolutely gentlemen - the schemes that McVay runs are off the charts creative with the 4 verticals crossing routes etc. Almost every play is a "legal" pick with the defensive backs rendered helpless. Compare their separation to the standard Cowboys routes of running to the sticks then turning around. At least Cooper has helped in the route running the last 3 weeks. Thought experiment - swap coaches with the Rams - Do you think Goff would be doing what he is doing with the Garrett circa 1991 offensive philosophy? I think not. See Goff just 24 months ago with Jeff Fisher.
    I don't know if you're a fan of Sean Payton. He was one of our assistant coaches. Goff was already a stud coming into the draft enough to be drafted #1....but, I know what you're saying. The problem was Jeff Fischer didn't trust rookies and treated it as such...also, it seems like his old guard ways are a bit outdated. McVay has an open door policy with his players to discuss whatever their concerns are....and he's more open to ideas and trying more innovative things. The rules on defending passing has changed. The more innovative coaches are succeeding, taking advantage of the more pass happy league. I think Linnehan and Garrett were on the hot seat and got scared....they started to find more ways to get Zeke the ball. I would also like the coaches, the quarterback and the receivers to spend extra time working on the timing. Some of these high octane offenses have superb timing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234