Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    The story was that Vince said in a creative meeting "I don't remember what happened two weeks ago, I don't think anyone else does either." I cant find the story, but I remember reading it on the forum I owned a few years ago.

There's also this story of him forgetting what Lesnar's finisher is, despite taking it the week prior- https://wrestletalk.com/news/vince-m...m-memory-loss/
    I believe you. I've never seen a form of entertainment in my life that so openly despises and mocks their fans. They call their fans marks, they make fun of the IWC, etc. Dustin Rhodes saying fans opinions on the product aren't worth a thin dime. We know where that comes from. It comes from Vince and he conditions his writers and some of his wrestlers to feel the same way.

https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/sta...81896809705473

The audience is what keeps them in business but **** what they want at times.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-26-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If you're getting hung up on exact titles, you have zero business calling me rigid.

You want to call it off base, fine. I was making reference to what TT said about how Vince thinks fans dont remember what happened two weeks ago which is a ridiculous notion. Not to mention, explaining things away and pointing to the fact that its "kayfabe" doesn't excuse it being bad storytelling. Don't flatter yourself btw. I just don't like the double standard of you calling large segments of shows boring then getting on me for not liking what I see.

you dont get it but whatever

have fun watching wrestling with your rigid point of view. have fun watching a product that you hate every week that openly mocks you every week according to you but you still post about and still watch every show and still support it and put money in its pockets despite all your rigidness

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post

you dont get it but whatever

have fun watching wrestling with your rigid point of view. have fun watching a product that you hate every week that openly mocks you every week according to you but you still post about and still watch every show and still support it and put money in its pockets despite all your rigidness
    I do get it. I understand you were correcting him that the WWE doesn't use commissioners anymore. I still dont think it matters in kayfabe or otherwise. Again, we know who is in charge.

They do mock their fan base. They write shows where continuity doesn't matter, they confiscate signs during live events, they try to explain away fans booing face superstars as the "WWE universe having fun", they intentionally stifle guys who get over organically (Bryan at first, Rusev, Ryder, etc), Vince has rules about not referring to wrestlers as wrestlers or fans as fans, etc.

Ironic this is the same man that said those words 20+ years ago.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-28-2019 at 11:09 AM.

I do get it. I understand you were correcting him that the WWE doesn't use commissioners anymore. I still dont think it matters in kayfabe or otherwise. Again, we know who is in charge.

They do mock their fan base. They write shows where continuity doesn't matter, they confiscate signs during live events, they try to explain away fans booing face superstars as the "WWE universe having fun", they intentionally stifle guys who get over organically (Bryan at first, Rusev, Ryder, etc), Vince has rules about not referring to wrestlers as wrestlers or fans as fans, etc.

Ironic this is the same man that said those words 20+ years ago.
    and your still watching so how stupid are you that your watching a product that insluts you? then come on this board and talk about raitings and how wwe is failing every day

you are the type of fan that is the biggest problem with WWE

***** moan complain beg for change say you wont watch but still tune in hoping wwe would get better

but you dont get that

im done here and please stop responding to my post as this is already way off track and i wasnt even quoting you to start this **** storm

First Sim League Title!

and your still watching so how stupid are you that your watching a product that insluts you? then come on this board and talk about raitings and how wwe is failing every day

you are the type of fan that is the biggest problem with WWE

***** moan complain beg for change say you wont watch but still tune in hoping wwe would get better

but you dont get that

im done here and please stop responding to my post as this is already way off track and i wasnt even quoting you to start this **** storm
    I notice you didn't argue any of those points because you have no argument against them.

As for the rest of what you said, yeah I tune in like a lot of disappointed fans who hope the product gets better. Are all the people who sat through the New Generation Era stupid as well? They would have missed Stone Cold, the Rock, the Monday Night Wars, DX, etc. Its not dumb to have higher expectations for something that once was able to put on an entertaining program on almost a weekly basis.

I never said I wouldn't watch either. At the very least, don't put words in my mouth.

Thanks but don't tell me what to do. Its so off track yet you continue to throw jabs and respond. How are you a moderator again?
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-28-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Riv is extremely passionate about wwe. He doesn't take it as serious as some. It's cool. Wwe can be great and is great at times but they have zero consistency. They dont connect the dots most of the times. They just change things for no reason and then when wrestlers get them selves over organically they get buried. It's all good though AEW seems to be waking them up alittle and the product is getting better.

I notice you didn't argue any of those points because you have no argument against them.

As for the rest of what you said, yeah I tune in like a lot of disappointed fans who hope the product gets better. Are all the people who sat through the New Generation Era stupid as well? They would have missed Stone Cold, the Rock, the Monday Night Wars, DX, etc. Its not dumb to have higher expectations for something that once was able to put on an entertaining program on almost a weekly basis.

I never said I wouldn't watch either. At the very least, don't put words in my mouth.

Thanks but don't tell me what to do. Its so off track yet you continue to throw jabs and respond. How are you a moderator again?
    theres nothing to say because first off i wasnt even talking to you to begin with and second you took this thread way off base when we were discussing the mania card. you want to take things too far from bringing real life into a BS story line on a fake scripted tv show and then talk about ratings why attendance sucks and yadda yadda ya you are the worst type of fan

if you want to take this further, make a thread or PM me. because you have taken this thread way off base to have a whose dick is bigger contest

if you feel i am way off base, you are a super mod, your above me! there is a report button feel free to use it. it is your civic duty as a mod to report and keep the forum clean. not to derail the threads and become a troll. instead you quote a post that isnt direct at you, and take this thread way off base because i was talking story line and what happened on RAW on TV. you want to bring real life into it and talk about ratings and attendance declines and yadda yadda ya

like we know "kurt angle" "baron corbin" etc werent really running the show its scripted duh the mcmahons were always in charge. thank you captain obvious. i was talking storyline wise and what was on actual RAW TV

this thread isnt for your propoganda about the bigger picture of WWE

this thread is about wrestlemania and how the card is shaping and the road to WM

if this talk continues and we cant get back to talking about wrestlemania card, I will have no choice to close this thread
    Last edited by Rivera; 03-01-2019 at 11:07 AM.

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Riv is extremely passionate about wwe. He doesn't take it as serious as some. It's cool. Wwe can be great and is great at times but they have zero consistency. They dont connect the dots most of the times. They just change things for no reason and then when wrestlers get them selves over organically they get buried. It's all good though AEW seems to be waking them up alittle and the product is getting better.
    thank you yankee. for as much as we disagreed about the product we always stayed on base and you understand i love wwe wrestling. its not life or death for me like you said that some take it, its just a quick escape from reality on tv that i enjoy. do i enjoy everything? no. do i think they can improve on some things? yes. but i also know when i watch wrestling is supposed to be fun and I try to have as much fun watching to make it as enjoyable as I can. and ive always done that since i started posting in this wrasslin form since 2010

some people take this wrestling and this scripted not real reality way to serious like its real life

First Sim League Title!

I think the total lack of consistency in their storytelling is more about Vince than anything else. If/when HHH takes over, I think there will be a much more cohesive storytelling process and more sensible booking.

The thing with Vince is that he changes his mind a lot. He's also very hokey. That combination can be frustrating at times. Vince has always been this way, but it used to work a lot better when the product was a lot edgier.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

theres nothing to say because first off i wasnt even talking to you to begin with and second you took this thread way off base when we were discussing the mania card. you want to take things too far from bringing real life into a BS story line on a fake scripted tv show and then talk about ratings why attendance sucks and yadda yadda ya you are the worst type of fan

if you want to take this further, make a thread or PM me. because you have taken this thread way off base to have a whose dick is bigger contest

if you feel i am way off base, you are a super mod, your above me! there is a report button feel free to use it. it is your civic duty as a mod to report and keep the forum clean. not to derail the threads and become a troll. instead you quote a post that isnt direct at you, and take this thread way off base because i was talking story line and what happened on RAW on TV. you want to bring real life into it and talk about ratings and attendance declines and yadda yadda ya

like we know "kurt angle" "baron corbin" etc werent really running the show its scripted duh the mcmahons were always in charge. thank you captain obvious. i was talking storyline wise and what was on actual RAW TV

this thread isnt for your propoganda about the bigger picture of WWE

this thread is about wrestlemania and how the card is shaping and the road to WM

if this talk continues and we cant get back to talking about wrestlemania card, I will have no choice to close this thread
    You're not arguing my point of fans being patronized because you know its true. Whatever. If you can be off topic to tell me "i'm the worst kind of fan", you could at least explain to me how I'm wrong about Vince mocking his fan base when he clearly does.

Its not a dick measuring contest.

I'm trying to have a civil discussion. You feel the need to insult me, fine but I'm also not in the business of reporting a fellow mod over something rather insignificant, nor do I feel the need to insult your fandom or make it personal. We can disagree in a productive manner.

And all my point was is their exact titles are insignificant. Getting on TT about his use of "commissioner" is what exactly? He was right about Vince already going back to his heel authority ways even when they promised change on live tv (I'm aware its storyline btw). No need to inform me.

What you fail to realize is WWE being a 52 week a year broadcast means anything or everything is in play for discussion because everything they did since RR has an effect on how the WrestleMania card is shaped and the quality of the card. If I think the build to it sucks and certain angles dont make sense aside from a few matches, I'm going to say as much. Sorry if that bothers you.

I expect better and so should you even if there are parts of WWE we do really like.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-01-2019 at 07:00 PM.

It is 1 million percent Vince's fault wwe can go from good to bad to great in a span a week to a month. No doubt in my mind hhh would fix all the consistency problems. Kevin Dunn is also a major issue as well

RAW Womens title Becky/Charlotte/Ronda
    Universal Title Seth/Brock
    WWE Title Kofi/Bryan (maybe KO)
    Batista/HHH
    AJ/Orton
    Shane/Miz
    IC Title Balor/Lashley?/Elias?/McIntyre?
    US Title Joe/Ali?/Mysterio?/Andrade?
    SD Womens title Asuka/Evans?
    RAW Tag Revival/Glorious?/Black-Ricochet?
    SD Tag Usos/New Day?/Bar?/Rusev-Shinsuke?
    Womens tag Boss and hug/Nia-tamina/Beth-nattie/Trish-lita/Alexa-Mickie/Iconics/Riott S/Fire Desire
    Strowman/McIntyre?/Corbin?
    Roman/Ambrose?/McIntyre?/Corbin
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

I think it will be Joe vs Cena for the US title. I think that is the reason Truth brought his name up and Joe kind of ran him down. Plus that was supposed to be a mania match before and Joe got hurt.

I agree, although I read something today that says they may not go that route. I expect a lot of multi person matches. I’d also expect the Hardy’s in a tag title match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumors are that Asuka will be defending the Smackdown women's title in a triple-threat against Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast