Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 87 of 87
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    31,625
    I still see this ending up being a triple threat. They just don't know how to leave a good thing alone. Something about Charlotte needing to be in the first woman's main event in WrestleMania history.

    I do wonder though why there isn't this type of attitude and promos being cut on the men's side. I feel like they are playing catch up to legitimize the female division and using some of the same techniques they did to get the men over in 1997 and 1998. Its interesting to see and if its a tried and true method, there is no reason not to use it with the male roster as well.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    36,572
    I hate the idea of a triple threat as well. Becky deserves a one on one match. They pretty much set it up this week. Becky will be suspended and Charlotte will be put in that spot. Then a month or so down the line Becky will demand to be reinstated and put in the match, and it will happen.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,309
    It's shaping up to be not wanting to watch but still will hsha

    Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    25,697
    If were to believe what the McMahons said in December. Seth and Becky are talking out champs. If not it's the same old ****

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    31,625
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    If were to believe what the McMahons said in December. Seth and Becky are talking out champs. If not it's the same old ****
    It's still the same old **** even if Seth and Becky walk out champions. There are only a handful of things interesting on the main shows like Daniel Bryan's title run, Becky/Ronda, Elias, Drew and Braun, Samoa Joe, etc. I know I'm missing something but 5 hours of tv every week needs more than just a few segments worth watching.

    That hasn't changed much imo since the McMahons said they were shaking things up.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    31,625
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BttdsXdg...ource=ig_embed

    Becky Lynch said "****" on IG. I'm amazed the WWE hasn't given her heat for that yet. Then again its only been 7 hours.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    46,687
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BttdsXdg...ource=ig_embed

    Becky Lynch said "****" on IG. I'm amazed the WWE hasn't given her heat for that yet. Then again its only been 7 hours.
    Hasn't Ronda done that also? Don't think it's a big deal as long as ppl don't go overboard


  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    31,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Hasn't Ronda done that also? Don't think it's a big deal as long as ppl don't go overboard
    Honestly I'm not sure. Not at least during her WWE tenure am I sure. I wish they would bring some of that to television. Not that their segments together have been bad but I think it would definitely help get it even more over. Makes them throwing jabs at each other even more real.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    15,124
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's still the same old **** even if Seth and Becky walk out champions. There are only a handful of things interesting on the main shows like Daniel Bryan's title run, Becky/Ronda, Elias, Drew and Braun, Samoa Joe, etc. I know I'm missing something but 5 hours of tv every week needs more than just a few segments worth watching.

    That hasn't changed much imo since the McMahons said they were shaking things up.
    Yup, and they are "this close" to trotting out the Authority, again. The one good thing about how the product has been over the past couple months is that the Authority is gone.

    I'll also point out the absolute ridiculousness of the RAW commissioner suspending a Smackdown superstar. It's dumb things like this that VKM admittedly glosses over (he was quoted as saying I don't remember what happened two weeks ago, neither does the audience) and it insults the intelligence of those who want to watch the shows.

    Back when Lesnar first came back, I watched the three hour RAWs. This was also when TNA was getting good- right before the Aces and 8's angle, and I watched them through that angle. I also watched NXT religiously through the first year or so, and even more WCW stuff on the Network. So I was putting in 10 hours a week in wrestling. It's not overkill, but they have to put meaningful segments out there that the fans care about and get behind.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    54,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Yup, and they are "this close" to trotting out the Authority, again. The one good thing about how the product has been over the past couple months is that the Authority is gone.

    I'll also point out the absolute ridiculousness of the RAW commissioner suspending a Smackdown superstar. It's dumb things like this that VKM admittedly glosses over (he was quoted as saying I don't remember what happened two weeks ago, neither does the audience) and it insults the intelligence of those who want to watch the shows.

    Back when Lesnar first came back, I watched the three hour RAWs. This was also when TNA was getting good- right before the Aces and 8's angle, and I watched them through that angle. I also watched NXT religiously through the first year or so, and even more WCW stuff on the Network. So I was putting in 10 hours a week in wrestling. It's not overkill, but they have to put meaningful segments out there that the fans care about and get behind.

    you've made this point before and it is incorrect. There is no more commissioners, no more gms. The McMahons took back control of RAW and Smackdown.

    They made that announcement when they came on TV and said things were gonna change. I dont know if you missed it, didnt listen close enough but there is no more RAW and SDL Commissioners

    It makes more storyline sense, more than you are giving credit for.


    First Sim League Title!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    31,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    you've made this point before and it is incorrect. There is no more commissioners, no more gms. The McMahons took back control of RAW and Smackdown.

    They made that announcement when they came on TV and said things were gonna change. I dont know if you missed it, didnt listen close enough but there is no more RAW and SDL Commissioners

    It makes more storyline sense, more than you are giving credit for.
    Who cares about the terminology? Commissioners, GMs, the McMahons. Despite the McMahon's feeble attempts to explain the poor product on someone else during that promo, they have always been the ones in charge and before I hear how obvious that is, they felt the need to address it on tv like fans didn't already know.

    And if Vince believes that fans don't remember what happened two weeks ago on a show that involves story lines of characters that sometimes continue over months, its time to get his **** checked. That's exactly why they go from a 2.4 to a 2.7 to a 2.2 in ratings in a 3 week period because if story lines don't make sense, wrestlers turn heel to face and back to heels without notice, etc fans will just tune out or watch the abridged version somewhere else. That's why they lose 400,000 viewers in one week for example even though this is supposed to be their high water mark for the year in terms of Raw and Smackdown viewership.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-11-2019 at 02:07 PM.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,453
    I do think they are trying to change somewhat, the biggest showing of that is Rollins winning the RR. If they wasen't trying to appeal to the "internet" fan right now, you know it would be Braun in there instead of Seth.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •