Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

UFC Dissolving the Flyweight Division

Read this on BE the other day, whats everyones thoughts on this? I personally enjoy the smaller weight classes and find the fights to be more entertaining and technical so I am a bit bumbed but the UFC also did a crap job at building up anyone in the division. DJ is gone and Cejudo is moving up to fight TJ, fighters are already getting released as well without even an option to move up. I guess Dana was ready to move on from FW and is doing it fast.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

#SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line it is all about the marketing. The UFC didn't invest in DJ and he is an all time great fighter. If they had someone in that division that would constantly run their mouth then they would be able to market it. DJ cleaned out the division and now he is gone so I kinda see the UFC point but there is still a stable of talent at flyweight.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Bottom line it is all about the marketing. The UFC didn't invest in DJ and he is an all time great fighter. If they had someone in that division that would constantly run their mouth then they would be able to market it. DJ cleaned out the division and now he is gone so I kinda see the UFC point but there is still a stable of talent at flyweight.
    Yup, hit the nail on the head. There are going to be a lot of good free agents that will go out and it wouldnt surprise me if One grabbed a bunch of them as well.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

#SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!