Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Surprises Through 11

Who's been the biggest surprise for you through the first 11 games?
    Lowry
    Ibaka
    Siakam

Ibaka

Lowry
    Siakam

I thought Ibaka was done. The move to the 5 with increased spacing has done wonders for his game on both ends of the floor. I wanted to trade him and viewed his contract as something we'd probably be "stuck" with. I don't want to trade him anymore.

Lowry showed last year that he can adapt his game to a new offense immediately. Now that same offense is fully implemented with a top 3 player in place of DeMar. I admit he's doing better than I expected he would but not on the same level as Serge.

I was expecting Siakam to break out this year. Starting 4 is now his position on the team while last season all he did was improve as the year went on. He's the best athlete on this team and probably one of the best in the NBA when you take his speed into account.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Who's been the biggest surprise for you through the first 11 games?
    Lowry
    Ibaka
    Siakam
    Not surprised with Lowry since he was a triple double machine in Houston. Favourite Raptor so I am biased.

Not that surprised with Pascal since you saw him putting it together over the course of the season last year.

I'm not that surprised Ibaka improved since Nurse said so much **** and he backed it up with hiring the Spanish coach. So I expected an improvement. I'm surprised that he has remained consistent thus far. I expected a higher level of consistency but tons of peaks and lows like last season.

Surprised by Green's level of play so far. Groin injuries are tough to deal with and he has been on a decline since he peaked that one year. I knew he was going to be good but his play has been elite so far.

Surprised by how poorly CJ has shot the ball since he gets some of the easiest looks on team.

I'm most surprised by how quickly this team has come together. Learning a new offence + adding tons of new pieces/roles, that's not easy. That takes time. Coaching staff has done a very good job so far all things considered.

How well JV and Ibaka have been.

I was surprised by Ibaka, and still am... I also thought that we're just stuck with a bad contract, and that first game, where he went 2-10, just reinforced it.

To see the transformation from game 2 on, was surprising.... and to see him still at that level, or even getting better... I didn't see that at all. That's the biggest surprise for me.

Ibakas first game was interesting because he definitely looked like one of the best players on the floor but none of his shots fell at all. I saw a flash of something and I was thinking he was going to have a good season at that point.

Ibaka has to be the biggest surprise but man Siakiam has been awesome. The move to to C for Ibaka has change the whole team, I am surprised now Casey never tried it.

Ibaka for sure. Green would be #2 for me. Was worried he might be washed or worse coming from the Spurs system.

Reminds me of Danny Green during before his extension.

You could see Pascal improving last year and in the summer. Ibaka is the biggest surprise for me.

How about Chris Boucher down in the 905 though? The dude is averaging 27/12/4 in 33 mpg while shooting 89% from the FT line and 39% from behind the arc (on almost 8 attempts per game).

https://edayfm.com/video/bfEVSmAqZM8/

I know it's only the G-League, but a big with that kind of length and quickness who can shoot is very appealing. He looks like the prototypical new "stretch 5" or even a "stretch 4". He can guard the rim and he can also step outside and draw his defender out to the 3 pt line. If he keeps this up all season I think you need to find a permanent roster spot for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    You could see Pascal improving last year and in the summer. Ibaka is the biggest surprise for me.

How about Chris Boucher down in the 905 though? The dude is averaging 27/12/4 in 33 mpg while shooting 89% from the FT line and 39% from behind the arc (on almost 8 attempts per game).

https://edayfm.com/video/bfEVSmAqZM8/

I know it's only the G-League, but a big with that kind of length and quickness who can shoot is very appealing. He looks like the prototypical new "stretch 5" or even a "stretch 4". He can guard the rim and he can also step outside and draw his defender out to the 3 pt line. If he keeps this up all season I think you need to find a permanent roster spot for him.
    Awesome.
    Consecutive Gleague MVP's?

CJ Miles, surprisingly garbage.