Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,698
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Agree - Vander Esch has the potential to be the best LB in the history of this team. Hyperbole perhaps but he has all the tools and size to be phenomenal.
    The combination of LVE and Jaylon is what Iím excited about. They could easily be the best LB tandem in the NFL within the next 2 years.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Agree - Vander Esch has the potential to be the best LB in the history of this team. Hyperbole perhaps but he has all the tools and size to be phenomenal.
    He reminds me a little of Luke Kuechly, the way he can defend the run and the pass. I wish Sean Lee was available because Lee, Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith would be a hell of a trio. This team hasn't really had all the pieces together at the same time for any long stretches, yet they still seem to compete hard. Byron Jones is quietly having a standout year at corner.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,112
    The Redskins seem to have a really easy schedule to coast through, with their two game cushion. I still don't know what to make of the Cowboys. Saints will be their toughest challenge. Since I really don't know where the Cowboys are at, I am not sure how they'd do against the Falcons, Eagles, Bucaneers and Redskins to finish out the season. In several of the losses, the Cowboys were pretty solid early, then kind of let the game slip away from them.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,112
    Anyone concerned about the kicker? He's looked a little shaky the last few games. We used to take for granted the field goal because it was pretty automatic for several seasons. Now, it's a bit of an adventure.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,895
    Yeah I'm concerned about Maher. He had a really good run but the law of averages means that his time in the CFL as a 70% kicker are likely what he is: a below average NFL kicker.

    Dak had his best game in a year, but still had some really irritating mistakes. He just can't seem to figure out how to navigate a pocket or trust his arm when the receiver is breaking open. His anticipation is bad most of the time. He is kind of like an offensive version of Jeff Heath. Irritates the hell out of you 80% of the time but the other 20% he makes amazing flash plays and you aren't quite sure to what to make of him.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah I'm concerned about Maher. He had a really good run but the law of averages means that his time in the CFL as a 70% kicker are likely what he is: a below average NFL kicker.

    Dak had his best game in a year, but still had some really irritating mistakes. He just can't seem to figure out how to navigate a pocket or trust his arm when the receiver is breaking open. His anticipation is bad most of the time. He is kind of like an offensive version of Jeff Heath. Irritates the hell out of you 80% of the time but the other 20% he makes amazing flash plays and you aren't quite sure to what to make of him.
    I think we were spoiled with Dan Bailey, who was one of the top 2 most accurate kickers in history....who was very steady for a long span of time...and I didn't see too many slumps or inopportune kicks.

    Dak has a good temperament and I like that he's taken responsibility. The most obvious thing is getting through his reads quickly...and anticipation. He's got to get that ball out quick and throw his receiver open. If he had thrown the ball quicker to Gallup and Amari, maybe they'd have a couple of TDs there. But, maybe that's also partly the coaching staff needs to work with him on that. Maybe they get some coaches to work after practice with him and Amari to get their timing down. I thought he kept his cool yesterday, even after some not so great plays.

    Yeah, I hear you on Heath. The thing is Heath does make some really big plays. He had the game saving tackle yesterday. And he's had some key interceptions and plays. The coaching staff seems to have faith in him. He keeps getting inserted into the lineup. I forgot to mention the Colts, who everyone has thought of as a bad team, but they've been pretty hot of late. I would have rather played them earlier in the season. Some teams who have reputations as good teams before we played them (Jags, Eagles) turned out to be kind of mediocre...and teams that were supposed to be losing teams like the Titans turned out to be stronger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •