Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

November 2018 (Blackhawks 6-6-3)

And so the Post-Q era begins!

Last edited by blams; 11-06-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Scary thought that it's like the end of an era that I don't think should be the case. Toews and Kane to me are still your core and if Toews gets back to form you have 2 superstars. We just watched too many other great up and coming players go via trade that really put us here TBH.

I'm an extreme optimist, but while those 2 are still suiting up the black and red it is not the true end of any era.

I still don't understand how you fire Q 15 games into the season. 3 Stanley Cups and second all time in wins. That's pretty disrespectful.

I get it's a "what have you done for me lately" thing, but let's not act like Q is the culprit here. This roster is just not that good, and that falls on Bowman.

Nice response to the Q firing. A bed ******** to a ****** team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Nice response to the Q firing. A bed ******** to a ****** team.
    This.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Scary thought that it's like the end of an era that I don't think should be the case. Toews and Kane to me are still your core and if Toews gets back to form you have 2 superstars. We just watched too many other great up and coming players go via trade that really put us here TBH.

I'm an extreme optimist, but while those 2 are still suiting up the black and red it is not the true end of any era.
    I don't necessarily think it's the end of an era. I still think Toews and Kane win at least one more Cup with the Hawks. I think we're kind of in an in-between period like Pittsburgh went through from 2010-2015 before winning again in 2016 and 2017. Hopefully it's not 6 seasons in between Cups, but that's right around the time all of our defensemen prospects should be ready and some even experienced NHL players (2021-22). I could see us retooling a bit like we've been doing.

I'd personally love to see us trade for William Nylander, depending on the price in trade cost and extension price. I can't help but wonder if maybe the holdup in him signing is that he either wants to play C or get paid like a top center. If it's the former and you can acquire him for some combination of Nick Schmaltz, Connor Murphy, Nicolas Beaudin, Ian Mitchell, Chad Krys, Jan Rutta, Victor Ejdsell, our 2019 1st (lottery protected), or any of our prospects not named Boqvist, you absolutely do it. He's had success in the faceoff circle, winning 51.4% of his faceoffs last year while taking 650 faceoffs. He's also RH and we all know how much Kane loves playing with elite RH talent. I think he'd absolutely blow up here playing C with Kane.

DeBrincat-Toews-Kahun
    Saad-Nylander-Kane

Probably a pipe dream, but man that's a good top-6!
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 11-11-2018 at 03:04 AM.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Nylander would be a huge pickup IMO

Just donít see it happening

0-2-1 now in the post-Q era. Havenít won a game since Oct. 25.

November 2018 (Blackhawks 6-6-3)

0-2-1 now in the post-Q era. Havenít won a game since Oct. 25.
    Yeah I realized that after tonightís game.

It probably wonít get any better.

It's definitely time to blow this up, in my opinion. We're not just in a rut we're we won't contend for cups- the team is awful.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's definitely time to blow this up, in my opinion. We're not just in a rut we're we won't contend for cups- the team is awful.
    I donít think the situation is that dire, but firing Q pretty well sets us up for failure the rest of the season.

This defense stinks. Our possession numbers stink. Stan is delusional if he thinks this roster is good enough to compete for anything. Shakeup trades arenít my thing, but there are a number of players Iíd be just fine parting with. Schmaltz and Anisimov to name two.

I donít think the situation is that dire, but firing Q pretty well sets us up for failure the rest of the season.

This defense stinks. Our possession numbers stink. Stan is delusional if he thinks this roster is good enough to compete for anything. Shakeup trades arenít my thing, but there are a number of players Iíd be just fine parting with. Schmaltz and Anisimov to name two.
    Our roster is ***. I've been wanting to move Anisimov for a while. Just doesn't fit in with today's NHL. Slow and bad on faceoffs are two major weaknesses for a C to have. Not sure if he actually gets moved though. As for Schmaltz, I've always felt like he'd be best at wing. He has very good speed and is a good playmaker. The problem with him is that he's allergic to contact. Won't go into the corners to battle. He clearly needs to get stronger, but I think there's talent there. I'd only move him if you got an upgrade somewhere else. Schmaltz+ for Nylander or a young top-4 defensemen? Yes please.

The thing is, Forsling just got called up, Sikura and possibly Ejdsell are soon to follow. Murphy should be back within the next month. I'd personally get rid of Kunitz. Just not a fan of his at this stage in his career. He brings very little to the table. I'd also look to move Rutta as you'll have a log jam at RHD when Murphy comes back. You could probably get a 3rd back like we did for Kempny. I actually don't mind Martinsen in a 4th line role. He's big, he's physical, he's not a huge liability from what I've seen. I think if Kampf can stick at 3C, our roster looks a lot better with these moves. I'd also split up Toews and Kane. I get that you're trying to create offense, but if you have Anisimov as your 2C, you really should give him solid wingers to play with or he'll give you next to nothing. Here's what the roster would look like with these moves and a healthy Murphy back in the line-up:

Schmaltz-Toews-Sikura
    DeBrincat-Anisimov-Kane
    Saad-Kampf-Kahun
    Martinsen/Ejdsell-Kruger/Johnson-Hayden

Keith-Seabrook
    Gustafsson-Jokiharju
    Forsling-Murphy

Crawford
    Ward

That looks a lot better than our current roster. Still not amazing, but there's potential there to ice 3 solid lines with the 4th line being more of a shutdown/physical line. I think I read somewhere that Colliton used a line of Martinsen-Johnson-Hayden as a shutdown line. Perhaps it could work here. Aside from that, I'd sell off all rentals and look to move Anisimov. If someone offers you a lot for Crawford (i.e. a 1st and a solid young roster player), I think you have to consider that. Even Saad could be available. I'd look to make a Boston style turnaround. They traded Lucic for a 1st and Martin Jones, who they flipped for another 1st. I wonder if a team would be willing to pay that for Saad if he can put together a solid season. Boston infused their roster with young talent and had a great pick in Charlie McAvoy that helped jump start their turnaround. Perhaps we can make a similar turnaround with some shrewd signings and trades. We already have Jokiharju up, who looks like a very solid top-4 defenseman. If one or more of Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin (who looks like he may be NHL ready as soon as next season), and Krys can come up and be impact players for us, that's huge for our turnaround. Add a potential top-15 pick in a C-heavy draft and the future isn't nearly as bleak as some would like to think.

Iíve seen enough of Manning. He has no instincts for the game.

Iíve seen enough of Manning. He has no instincts for the game.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of his. I think Forsling takes his spot in the line-up and thank God for that.

I agree, time to blow it up. Might as well clean house and fire Bowman too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast