Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    But you are also basing this team's current success over the same sample size.

And sometimes you can just tell when a player is special. Doncic looks like one of those players. Bagley does not. This team doesn't get too many opportunities to add players like that. We can't afford to pass on them and what hurts here is that it was a near consensus that Doncic was a top 2 player in this draft.

Right now it's nice to see a competitive Kings team. Eventually the expectations will have to be more than just to not be the joke of the league anymore. And when those expectations become the norm, you can't make mistakes like some of the ones we've seen from Vlade, even as recently as this last draft.

Jury is still out. I hope this team keeps playing well.
    Look.....hereís my consensus on Vlade....
    He wanted Willie, and he got him.
    He wanted Bogdan, and he got him.
    He wanted Fox, the most. I remember leading up to draft, Vlade desired Fox over Tatum/Jackson/Ball/Smith....he worked out for us the most.....and he got him!
    He wanted Bagley and we were high on Bagley, also working him out the most and wasnít really surprised when we took Bagley over Doncic. I really wasnít that surprised.

All these guys Vlade wanted and got, and other than Bagley, they have improved thus far with Joeger. Call it wishful thinking or what, but thatís why Iím not condemning the Bagley pick. Vlade gets what he wants, and as of late, itís getting better and working itself out. Thereís my Hope!

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    There was a point in the game when Joerger had Fox/Buddy/Bogdan/Bagley/Giles on the court at the same time. This is probably the "Lineup of the future"
    Personally, I don't love Bagley and Giles out there together... or Bagley and WCS. Two bigs on the floor with limited games is not ideal in today's game.

One of the reasons Bjelica has been such a good signing is he can create so much space and is also an excellent passer. He fits in perfectly. But Bjelica is not the future. Bagley is and he'll either have to develop skills he's never really shown before or WCS will have to be moved after the season. It's tough to move on from WCS though when he has developed as he has. It's just not ideal to have two bigs like that on the floor together. They do a lot of the same stuff on offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Personally, I don't love Bagley and Giles out there together... or Bagley and WCS. Two bigs on the floor with limited games is not ideal in today's game.

One of the reasons Bjelica has been such a good signing is he can create so much space and is also an excellent passer. He fits in perfectly. But Bjelica is not the future. Bagley is and he'll either have to develop skills he's never really shown before or WCS will have to be moved after the season. It's tough to move on from WCS though when he has developed as he has. It's just not ideal to have two bigs like that on the floor together. They do a lot of the same stuff on offense.
    I wouldnít call Bagley is stretch four, but he has been shooting a good percentage from deep. I expect him to get more confident in that shot as he gets older. Heís also not a bad ball handler. He doesnít have near the court vision that Bjelica has though.

It looks like i missed a good conversation...

My take is Vlade has done really well with the team for a while now. The not having a draft pick does suck, but we will not be getting a top 3 pick this year so it"s not going to kill us. Swapping didn't hurt us thank goodness. So...
    Fox is a potential super star that would have NEVER happened if we didn't trade Demarcus, Buddy would have NEVER happenes if we didn't trade Demarcus. That trade right there was magic.

Trading for Bogi was really good, unfortunately he is not on a true rookie deal, and i doubt that he is (but not 100% sure about) going to be a just a FA and not a RFA. But he maybe nearly as good as Demarcus is with out the ugly price tag himself.

Giles is still a wild card.
    Jackson ... he should have hit... but he hasn't.
    Mason has been playing very well. That was a good 2nd round pick.
    Skal... he is in the Jackson camp.
    Bagley is doing very well, he has a great amount of potential. We will see.

Willie.. ehh... Willie... good pick, are we going to keep him? Dunno
    All in all good job.
    We have so many expiring contracts to go after a free agent next year,(that may want to play here after seeing what the team and Fox is doing) next year we maybe looking on building excitement to yet another level.
    The team is looking up. Vlade tried with Cuz, couldn't make it happen, hit the reset button and now we are on a huge up swing looking to pass any years of Cousins we ever had.

It's true that we dodged a lot of bullets with the pick swaps and trading away our 2019 pick. It could have been way, way worse. I think we got really lucky there. A horrendous trade has not had quite the catastrophic consequences as it very well could have had.

And yes, the Cousins trade was good. Most importantly, it was necessary. I was calling for Cousins to get traded 2 years in advance. I'm glad Vlade pulled the trigger on that before it was too late. I really thought we were gonna extend him. That would have been a disaster.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

In the Boogie trade, we ended up getting a second round pick instead of the Pelsí 2019 first rounder because Vlade waited two days. We ended up getting Mason with the second round pick. Would you guys rather have the 2019 pick or Mason? I would still lean pick, but itís pretty close for me.

Pick because we could package that pick in trades.

ďMaybe one of these days I won't fail Ē - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Pick because we could package that pick in trades.
    Iím still interested to see if we can leverage our cap space into a pick before the deadline. We should be able to do something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Iím still interested to see if we can leverage our cap space into a pick before the deadline. We should be able to do something with it.
    You wouldn't be more interested in a really good free agent? Also something to thing about is there are going to be many teams with a good amount of cap space next year. Well, good thing is, we can kick the tires at the deadline, and if we can't find a good deal, keep our cap for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    You wouldn't be more interested in a really good free agent? Also something to thing about is there are going to be many teams with a good amount of cap space next year. Well, good thing is, we can kick the tires at the deadline, and if we can't find a good deal, keep our cap for next year.
    Even if we were to take on a bad contract, we would still have plenty of money for free agency. I think we have around $10 million right now (too lazy to look it up). Plus, we have Z-Bo, Shump, Koufos, and Ben coming off the books in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    That would be smart. I hope Vlade goes that route.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    If we were a big market team, then you'd want to keep the cap space for next year and try to land one of hte big fish. In our situation, using our cap leverage now to gain more assets makes more sense.

Of course there is always a cost/benefit analysis that needs to take place. How much cap space are you will to sacrifice for next year and for what assets in return. Generally speaking though, I think it makes too much sense to use the leverage we have now as one of the only teams with cap flexibility in season.
    Marmolololololol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234