Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    30,305
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I was high on the Brown signing in the roster thread and man, he had a great start as a Giant. Consistently getting to the next level in the run game and very solid in pass blocking.

    They may have whiffed on Omameh, but Brown is going to be a very solid grab for a while. Always looked good on the Rams.


    Eli had a nice game winning drive, but still.....the guy is just off. And not typical "eli off" but I mean really off. He had good protection in this game and if he was seeing the field like he used to, they could have racked up 40+ pts instead of a close win in the final minutes.

    Bailed out by flags on that drive. I mean that Barkely wheel route on the final drive was beautifully designed and a great play, Barkley beat his man down the sideline and where the old Eli drops in a pass between the receiver and safety over the top....THIS Eli underthrew Barkley by 5 yards. Damn near picked.


    Win is a win, so I'm happy....unless it means missing out on a franchise QB in the draft of course. Right now I can't imagine the Raiders getting more than the 1 win they have, and I can easily see them cutting Carr and letting Gruden draft his QB.
    I agree with you 100%. Old Eli wouldn't have a game of under 200 passing yards with the protection he had yesterday. He underthrew a few balls to OBJ and also Barkley

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,646
    Where is any pass rush? Where is any blitzing ? I thought that our new DC loved to blitz. We put zero pressure on Mullins . If we do the same to Fitzpatrick this Sunday, we will lose .

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    45,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Where is any pass rush? Where is any blitzing ? I thought that our new DC loved to blitz. We put zero pressure on Mullins . If we do the same to Fitzpatrick this Sunday, we will lose .
    For all their faults, Niners have an ok oline. But yeah, we need some more aggressive OLBs for this system to work.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    For all their faults, Niners have an ok oline. But yeah, we need some more aggressive OLBs for this system to work.
    If we don’t sign good ones in FA, i hope we at least draft one in the early rounds. If Justin Herbert stays another year in college, I wouldn’t mind drafting Nick Bosa in the first round if he has a great combine. You also have some really good pass rushing OLBs like Montez Sweat and Josh Allen who might be available early in round 2. Whether in FA or on draft day, we need pass rushers.

    Philly just won a SB thanks in part to having a surplus of pass rushers. We’ve won our last 2 championships using that same formula when we had Strahan-Osi-Tuck in ‘07 and Tuck-JPP-Osi in ‘11.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 11-14-2018 at 11:52 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    45,198
    Add this Along with that inexplicable miss on the Barkley wheel route:

    https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/...985374209?s=21

    Wtf is going on with Eli?

    Seriously, he had protection in this game and missed SEEING, much less hitting, open WRs all game long. This should have been a 400yd 4-5TD game for him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    45,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    If we don’t sign good ones in FA, i hope we at least draft one in the early rounds. If Justin Herbert stays another year in college, I wouldn’t mind drafting Nick Bosa in the first round if he has a great combine. You also have some really good pass rushing OLBs like Montez Sweat and Josh Allen who might be available early in round 2. Whether in FA or on draft day, we need pass rushers.

    Philly just won a SB thanks in part to having a surplus of pass rushers. We’ve won our last 2 championships using that same formula when we had Strahan-Osi-Tuck in ‘07 and Tuck-JPP-Osi in ‘11.
    I don’t follow much college ball but i did see that Kiper or Mayock had like 25 defensive players in their top 32 or something like that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    33,166
    Apparently this draft is chock full of front 7 guys.

    If they’re not getting the QB, trade down and acquire picks. That’s the fastest way to rebuild without getting a first round QB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •