Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Really sucks butler was traded to philly. I donít know what they can do short of bringing Ariza back. Iím surprised that they might be giving up on Carmelo already.

Both the offense and defense are a mess. Iím really surprised that some people had high hopes for this team going into the season, by 4-7 just isnít acceptable when you have Capela, Harden and Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Really sucks butler was traded to philly. I donít know what they can do short of bringing Ariza back. Iím surprised that they might be giving up on Carmelo already.

Both the offense and defense are a mess. Iím really surprised that some people had high hopes for this team going into the season, by 4-7 just isnít acceptable when you have Capela, Harden and Paul.

On paper, this is still a top-3 roster in the league (maybe top-4 with Butler in Philly now). They just can't hit a three or a ****ing layup.

(With the exception of that 4th quarter) Way better showing tonight.

Yup. Best shooting game of the season. I hope they can build on this game and piece together a winning streak to get over the hump.

Gary Clark might be our starting SF before the season is over.

Week 4 GDT: @ IND (11/5), @ OKC (11/8), @ SAS (11/10), vs. IND (11/11)

Being a top three or four roster is pretty irrelevant, though. This was a team that had championship aspirations. They were in win now mode. They were a top 2 roster and a contender to golden state. Theyíve clearly taken a step back, they donít have the depth that they had last year and last year they were limited in that department, and they just arenít going to be challenging golden state with its current roster.

The moves Morey made in the offseason have made the team worse than last year. They will right the ship, but not enough to contend unless other moves are made.

Being a top three or four roster is pretty irrelevant, though. This was a team that had championship aspirations. They were in win now mode. They were a top 2 roster and a contender to golden state. Theyíve clearly taken a step back, they donít have the depth that they had last year and last year they were limited in that department, and they just arenít going to be challenging golden state with its current roster.

The moves Morey made in the offseason have made the team worse than last year. They will right the ship, but not enough to contend unless other moves are made.

I was addressing the part where you question people who had high hopes for this team going into the season, 4 months or so after taking the Warriors to 7 games.

The core is still the same. The team might be worse, but you can't really blame Morey for replacing Ariza and Luc (with a combined salary of almost $20M) with vet min guys in Anthony, Ennis and Clark (who's been fantastic for a rookie).

Also, Knight is still out, and he has every chance to be an upgrade over Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I was addressing the part where you question people who had high hopes for this team going into the season, 4 months or so after taking the Warriors to 7 games.

The core is still the same. The team might be worse, but you can't really blame Morey for replacing Ariza and Luc (with a combined salary of almost $20M) with vet min guys in Anthony, Ennis and Clark (who's been fantastic for a rookie).

Also, Knight is still out, and he has every chance to be an upgrade over Anderson.
    I agree on both fronts. I'm disappointed that they not only didn't get any better, but have taken a clear step back early in the season. However, I do think it's way too early to count them off, and there's still plenty of time for them to at least reclaim their role as the 2nd best team in the NBA.

Getting through November, they'll be in better shape. After the Warriors game, the schedule finally gets a lot easier and they get six straight games against teams with losing records. They'll be better than .500, they should have Nene, Bzdelik and (hopefully) Knight back. Let's see where they're at come Dec. 1, and let's not forget all the assets Morey still has in his pocket and the MLE in the buyout market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12