Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 4 GDT: @ IND (11/5), @ OKC (11/8), @ SAS (11/10), vs. IND (11/11)

Jam packed week with four games against playoff teams from last year, the first three of which are on the road. The Rockets are getting healthier, but still have Eric Gordon day-to-day and he will not play on Monday. Still, the team has CP3, Harden and James Ennis back and playing together, and we'll see if they can string together some more wins.

I'll start adding a little blurb on each game day.

Houston Rockets (3-5) @ Indiana Pacers (7-3)

Date: Monday, November 5, 2018
    Time: 6:00 PM CST
    Line: IND -1.0
    ESPN Matchup Predictor: Indiana 63.7% chance to win

Season Leaders

HOU: James Harden - 27.8 PPG, 45.8 FG%, 43.5 3PT%
    IND: Victor Oladipo - 22.5 PPG, 46.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT%

Rebounds
    HOU: Clint Capela - 11.5 RPG
    IND: Donatas Sabonis - 8.8 RPG

Assists
    HOU: Chris Paul - 8.7 APG
    IND: Darren Collison - 4.6 PPG

Tough week. My expectations is 4-0(based on before season thoughts). Now, 3-1 would be success. 2-2 sounds most likely.

Indy played us tough in preseason but I remember Beard showing out against them last year with through the legs bounce passes to Clint. Hopefully Gordon comes back healthy soon because he's been awful to start the year.

BIG 3

Hope we can build on these back to back wins and pull out a tough one tonight.

We'll be getting Coach Buzz back...

Yeeeeeeeeeah! Finally, some good news. Coach Bzdelik was definitely missed in the Rockets bench.

Anyway, I'm really surprised with Gary Clark. He's played great on the defensive end, and he's not afraid to shoot it on offense. I can see him playing solid minutes even when everyone is back and healthy. Especially considering MCW has been pretty much unplayable this season. 6 minutes against Brooklyn, and 0 against Chicago. Probably not a coincidence the Rockets won both games.

Hartenstein has been painful to watch, as well. Most of the time, at least. I like the hustle and all, but he's way too slow, with no lateral quickness whatsoever, and when he gets switched on, he has the tendency to follow the guy with the ball all the way to mid-court. His man is already at the rim when he's making his way into the arc. He also needs to learn how to not foul every damn time. He's averaging 9.3 PFs per 36 minutes. And on offense, he's supposed to be a good outside shooter, but teams leave him open at the top of the key like he's Omer Asik, and he's too afraid to let it fly.

I know Chriss has been kind of disappointing in preseason, but I'd like to see him be the first big off the bench, with Nene out.

Other than that, I think we're alright. Anthony seems to be getting more comfortable in a Rockets uniform, and Ennis looked really good Saturday night. We just need everyone back and healthy. We'll have a better idea of where this team is at after this week.

And, by the way, great job with these weekly threads, Driven. I think we all really appreciate it.
    Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 11-05-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

That was a great game to watch and, more importantly, a huge win for Houston. They played great down the stretch, and I was really impressed with the effort on the defensive end all night long. Harden was clutch, and PJ Tucker never disappoints.

I'm loving Clark and Ennis. Both played really, really well. Clark with some outstanding defense, and Ennis with a couple of huge threes.

Anthony also hit some important shots, despite struggling early in the game. Capela had one of his best games of the season. And I thought Hartenstein did a better job tonight, not going for lost balls and avoiding fouls.

Chris Paul is in a slump, but I don't really worry about him.

And man, this is a pretty good Pacers team. Oladipo is so fun to watch.

I heard a good chunk of the game at work and coming home last night, and I caught the last half of the fourth quarter. So proud with how they pulled this one out. I loved the quick start early, but that second quarter run by the Pacers made it look like this was going to be like the same old crap. But they really picked it up down the stretch, and Harden was huge in the final minute.

I agree that Clark has played well and deserves a spot in this rotation moving forward. He's one of the few guys they can count on to play defense and hit 3s, and he can competently defend multiple positions. I liked him in the preseason and felt like there was a chance this might happen, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon.

Looking at the rest of the week, it looks like Westbrook might be banged up from last night's game in New Orleans. If he's out, that should be a win. The last two are tossups. If Gordon can come back healthy and not be a complete minus like he's been so far this season, I really like their chances to go 3-1 or 4-0.

EDUTEXANS, you're last two posts were great. Couldn't have said it better.

Fun game to watch last night. I was watching the game with my wife while we were assembling the crib. I've been very critical of Ennis III, I think in part, I was salty that Melo wasn't starting in front of him haha. I'm over that. His shot has been more consistent and finishing around the rim, makes me happy. Clark as well... stout Defense, and sticking 3's has been a breath of fresh air. Glad we've hit a winning streak. I'll likely be watching the Rockets-Thunder game @ the hospital! haha.

^^^ congrats man!

And Iím happy to make the game threads. We have a good group of posters in here and I hope it can create more activity, at least among us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you @Driven.

To add, I do appreciate you making these game threads. like you said, for the activity among us.

Our fantasy league has been alot of fun too. Even though Seppie won't trade me Melo.

Houston goes for their fourth straight tonight against Carmelo and Harden's former teams, the Thunder. Eric Gordon is questionable tonight, but attended practice yesterday.

Houston Rockets (4-5) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (6-4)

Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2018
    Time: 7:00 PM CST
    ESPN Matchup Predictor: OKC 55.2% chance to win
    TV: TNT

Season Leaders

HOU: James Harden - 27.8 PPG, 45.9 FG%, 43.1 3PT%
    OKC: Russell Westbrook - 24.1 PPG, 48.9 FG%, 10.0 3PT%

Rebounds
    HOU: Clint Capela - 11.3 RPG
    OKC: Steven Adams - 10.6 RPG

Assists
    HOU: Chris Paul - 9.3 APG
    OKC: Russell Westbrook - 8.9 PPG

Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    EDUTEXANS, you're last two posts were great. Couldn't have said it better.

Fun game to watch last night. I was watching the game with my wife while we were assembling the crib. I've been very critical of Ennis III, I think in part, I was salty that Melo wasn't starting in front of him haha. I'm over that. His shot has been more consistent and finishing around the rim, makes me happy. Clark as well... stout Defense, and sticking 3's has been a breath of fresh air. Glad we've hit a winning streak. I'll likely be watching the Rockets-Thunder game @ the hospital! haha.
    Keep us posted, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Houston goes for their fourth straight tonight against Carmelo and Harden's former teams, the Thunder. Eric Gordon is questionable tonight, but attended practice yesterday.

Houston Rockets (4-5) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (6-4)

Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2018
    Time: 7:00 PM CST
    ESPN Matchup Predictor: OKC 55.2% chance to win
    TV: TNT

Season Leaders

HOU: James Harden - 27.8 PPG, 45.9 FG%, 43.1 3PT%
    OKC: Russell Westbrook - 24.1 PPG, 48.9 FG%, 10.0 3PT%

Rebounds
    HOU: Clint Capela - 11.3 RPG
    OKC: Steven Adams - 10.6 RPG

Assists
    HOU: Chris Paul - 9.3 APG
    OKC: Russell Westbrook - 8.9 PPG
    Westbrook out with an ankle injury.

Embarrassing.

Pathetic.

This is looking more and more like the 2015 season, when Dwight was manning the middle. They lose games frustratingly badly, they are going through the motions, and we are strapped financially so no help is coming. I read an article that MN basically wants trade Jimmy anywhere but here. I wish the 2 could just make the deal.

I really don't understand why MN didn't for the four picks. The rockets have a window (as currently constructed) of 2 years, at best unless they pick up someone else to go along with Harden. CP3 is worrying me, Melo is likely going after the cash again next year, and Gordon is pulling his NO injuries on us. Those picks likely wouldn't be good this year or next, but could be solid additions to MN in next couple of years.

Jimmy likely wouldn't stay, so we'd have a team without Gordon, an aging Paul (now with an elbow injury), and Harden wasting away his prime, while still not playing defense. They are in desperate need of something to get them motivated to be better. These losses are embarrassing margins.

MN might still relent, but at that point it might be too late to gamble on Butler, if he is going to jet at the end of a rough/weird season for the rockets and him, respectively. I'm not a fair-weather fan, but these guys are getting harder to watch and support.

Tucker is still a stud though. Wish he had about 3 more inches on him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast