Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    That is true for Bieniemy and Richard, Vikings obviously didn't make playoffs so Edwards could be.

All signs point to Arians, until we here otherwise that should be the assumption.

If it is Bruce, who fills out his coaching staff and what defensive scheme to they run? Is it an up and coming 4-3 guy? In a perfect world I hope Edwards or Richard want more defensive control here. Or does he go with a familiar face like Todd Bowles and they run a 3-4? If it's a 3-4, who stays, who goes, who's brought in?
    I've heard if its Arians then its Bowles on D.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I've heard if its Arians then its Bowles on D.
    I've heard speculation that he could be as they worked together. I don't know how anyone could say definitively. Chuck Pagano was also floated as a potential assistant.

That is true for Bieniemy and Richard, Vikings obviously didn't make playoffs so Edwards could be.

All signs point to Arians, until we here otherwise that should be the assumption.

If it is Bruce, who fills out his coaching staff and what defensive scheme to they run? Is it an up and coming 4-3 guy? In a perfect world I hope Edwards or Richard want more defensive control here. Or does he go with a familiar face like Todd Bowles and they run a 3-4? If it's a 3-4, who stays, who goes, who's brought in?
    Yea, I thought about that too and as much as I would love it to be Kris Richard, does he have any connection with Bruce Arians to speak of? I think Todd Bowles would be the most logical choice. I will say that both the offensive and defensive coordinators for both the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cleveland Browns have worked under or with Bruce Arians before and there's a possibility that any of their jobs currently could be in jeopardy. I'd love to get Freddie Kitchens to pair with the DC, but it sounds like Clevland is planning to keep him.

You make a good point about Todd Bowles typically overseeing a 3-4 defense and I'm not sure we have the personnel to run that off the bat, but he did coach a 4-3 in Philly back in 2012, so I'm sure he's capable of doing it

This is getting absurd. Leonard Fournette is not worse than Peyton Barber.

If Jacksonville consistently ran Peyton Barber into defenses that had no fear of the pass like they did Fournette, Barber would be lucky to average 2.5 ypc.

Leonard Fournette is one of the Top 5-10 talents at RB in the NFL today. Can definitely make an argument for guys like Gurley, Elliott, Bell, Barkley, Kamara and Johnson being better than him. Not saying they are but you could. Hes either right there with those guys or just behind them with guys like McCaffery and Gordon.

I think we should continue drafting RBs until we have multiple guys who can contribute. Rounds 3-6 I think we can find a good one.

If you spend a 3rd on Fournette, you have him on his rookie deal for 2 years, a 5th year option. With a ceiling as high as his, that is a goddamn steal. I cant believe they would consider anything less than a late 1st unless they are stupid.

Leonard Fournette has a blend of size and speed that is ****ing ridiculous.
    Youíre not wrong but dude misses a 1/3 of his games with the same injuries every single year. Barber has been very consistent for us and no attitude problems and really cheap. I donít think heís better by any means but letís say we trade for him he gets hurt again and itís barbs rin the back field at the end of the day. Weíre out a 3rd rounder that could have been a rb whoís better than both of them. I donít think either will have immediate success with the current OL. With teams continuously finding great backs in later rounds I think itís smarter long term to draft a guy versus give up draft picks for maybe only a 2-3 year player. Not to mention his cap hit. We as Bucs fan try and hang our hat on players potential but they never quite live up to it and we still suck. Weíve drafted a few guys with injury problems and they didnít pan out.

I will say this though. If we hire a guy like Arians and he thinks that weíre a rb like fournette away from running the offense he wants. Send them a 2nd for all i care.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Yea, I thought about that too and as much as I would love it to be Kris Richard, does he have any connection with Bruce Arians to speak of? I think Todd Bowles would be the most logical choice. I will say that both the offensive and defensive coordinators for both the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cleveland Browns have worked under or with Bruce Arians before and there's a possibility that any of their jobs currently could be in jeopardy. I'd love to get Freddie Kitchens to pair with the DC, but it sounds like Clevland is planning to keep him.

You make a good point about Todd Bowles typically overseeing a 3-4 defense and I'm not sure we have the personnel to run that off the bat, but he did coach a 4-3 in Philly back in 2012, so I'm sure he's capable of doing it
    The personnel is basically the same itís just a stand up DE. I saw a beat writer say we could line up a 3-4 as followed:

Spence-David-kwon-nassib
    Jpp-vita vea- mccoy

Itís actually a better personnel grouping on the field bc It arguably gets the most talent on the field at the same time. Wishful thinking maybe. We have also had historically bad defenses as a 4-3 so then why not try and go for it. Whatís the worst that could happen? Weíre a bottom 5 ranked defense again...

Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    Youíre not wrong but dude misses a 1/3 of his games with the same injuries every single year. Barber has been very consistent for us and no attitude problems and really cheap. I donít think heís better by any means but letís say we trade for him he gets hurt again and itís barbs rin the back field at the end of the day. Weíre out a 3rd rounder that could have been a rb whoís better than both of them. I donít think either will have immediate success with the current OL. With teams continuously finding great backs in later rounds I think itís smarter long term to draft a guy versus give up draft picks for maybe only a 2-3 year player. Not to mention his cap hit. We as Bucs fan try and hang our hat on players potential but they never quite live up to it and we still suck. Weíve drafted a few guys with injury problems and they didnít pan out.

I will say this though. If we hire a guy like Arians and he thinks that weíre a rb like fournette away from running the offense he wants. Send them a 2nd for all i care.
    I don't think you realize that the O-line is not the problem with our running game, it's the offensive scheme. Sure, Caleb B certainly needs to be upgraded, but the rest of them are perfectly capable run blockers. A new coach will bring in an offense that fits are pernennel better and we will run the ball much better.

Injury prone or not, LF is easily worth a 3rd round pick. It's hardly even debatable. It's really not important though because I don't think it's a recent rumor. I doubt they are really targeting particular players without knowing who will be running the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    The personnel is basically the same itís just a stand up DE. I saw a beat writer say we could line up a 3-4 as followed:

Spence-David-kwon-nassib
    Jpp-vita vea- mccoy

Itís actually a better personnel grouping on the field bc It arguably gets the most talent on the field at the same time. Wishful thinking maybe. We have also had historically bad defenses as a 4-3 so then why not try and go for it. Whatís the worst that could happen? Weíre a bottom 5 ranked defense again...
    Its a waste of JPP's talent. Spence has not proven he is an NFL quality player. The rest of it looks fine. I'm really not sure how Lavonte and Kwon would fit, or Beckwith for that matter.

Vea, Gerald, and Nassib I think would all fit well.

It also would make Josh Allen a very realistic target at 5. They would probably let Kwon walk in that case. Idk, I guess it's not impossible.
    Last edited by aecon13; 01-06-2019 at 06:01 PM.

2 conflicting reports.

1. JBF saying Dungy is pushing Caldwell to ownership. I think that would be awful.

2. Panthers beat writer saying Arians could be announced as early as tomorrow.

2 conflicting reports.

1. JBF saying Dungy is pushing Caldwell to ownership. I think that would be awful.

2. Panthers beat writer saying Arians could be announced as early as tomorrow.
    Yea, tomorrow has always been the day that it was suppose to happen, so I'll continue to believe that initial report until it doesn't happen. Caldwell is not a bad coach, but I would much prefer Arians, followed by K. Richard

Jay Glazer reported that we had Arians take a full physical today and that he plans on bringing his former Cards staff with him, including Todd Bowles

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Its a waste of JPP's talent. Spence has not proven he is an NFL quality player. The rest of it looks fine. I'm really not sure how Lavonte and Kwon would fit, or Beckwith for that matter.

Vea, Gerald, and Nassib I think would all fit well.

It also would make Josh Allen a very realistic target at 5. They would probably let Kwon walk in that case. Idk, I guess it's not impossible.
    I think we could honestly use lavonte in the Leo roll and be our blitzer. He showed promise when we had him blitzing a few years back but now he doesnít do it much anymore. I think Kwon coming off of an injury will help us resign him. Tough to sign a guy to a big money contract after tearing an acl. I hope we retain him bc heís a monster. For what you said about jpp, perhaps youíre right but guys like clowney and watt are doing the same thing and having success. Theyíre similar body styles, not exactly the same talent level I know. I think itís an easier transition than most people think. Like I said before were already bottom of the league anyway so letís shake it up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456