Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Yea I would go pretty insane if we did bring in Flacco. At this point we should just bring Winston back and draft a rookie at some point.

One Steeler loss away from Tomlin being the next Buccaneers Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    One Steeler loss away from Tomlin being the next Buccaneers Head Coach?
    We can hope!

So Arians is interested in the bucs job i think he is now my favorite for the job, im still not sold on Mccarthy at all but i guess we shall see what happens! With Bowels getting axed in NY i wonder if he would be willing to be Arians DC again? or maybe Chuck Pagano would want to work with Arians again if he doesnt get any HC bites i know GB was interviewing him? Should be interesting

https://thepewterplank.com/2018/12/3...eric-bieniemy/

I personally would rather us hire a defensive minded coach, cause you know our offense was good last year and our defence absolutely ********** blows.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    https://thepewterplank.com/2018/12/3...eric-bieniemy/

I personally would rather us hire a defensive minded coach, cause you know our offense was good last year and our defence absolutely ********** blows.
    Im not sure it matters what there specialty is its more about what they surround themselves with. Lovie was supposed to be a D guy and it didnt work same with Schiano and Rah. Our team has been garbs on D for the most part since the D that Gruden inherited from Dungy. I just hope whoever we bring in has a A++ staff to go with him for both sides of the ball, and for the love of all that is holly someone that can teach a kicker the ball goes through the uprights every time!

Koetter looks like hes in line to be the OC of the dirty birds again, now i really hate them even more

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Im not sure it matters what there specialty is its more about what they surround themselves with. Lovie was supposed to be a D guy and it didnt work same with Schiano and Rah. Our team has been garbs on D for the most part since the D that Gruden inherited from Dungy. I just hope whoever we bring in has a A++ staff to go with him for both sides of the ball, and for the love of all that is holly someone that can teach a kicker the ball goes through the uprights every time!
    Schiano ran a good D, it's the one thing he did right. A Head Coach is not a coordinator. I want a good leader first, a good game manager, someone who coaches and develops players.

I've heard us connected only to NFL assistants and former NFL HCs. I don't know if they cant get or don't want the top college guys but it seems an oversight. Lincoln Riley is a great, young coach and should jump at big time opportunity. David Shaw is another strong college coach.

I would love to land one of the following coaches.

Bruce Arians: has connections with Licht and could bring in some big name Coordinators.

Eric Bieniemy: currently the OC for the chiefs. The track record for chiefs OCs has been the trend. Think Nagy and Pederson. He would have to find a good DC to bring with him.

Harbaughs: I would be fine with either of them. But remember what happened in SF when Jim was there. Like half the roster retired. Not sure if there was correlation or not.

Vic Fangio: we already have a top 5 offense so literally anyone should be able to come in and do alright. Defense needs a ton of work and this is the guy to do it.

Hell no to the following: Tomlin, del Rio, McCarthy,Gase, McDaniels or anyone else who was fired as a head coach recently.

Big no to Tomlin bc his own player said that the Steelers are the Kardashians of the NFL(Jesse James). The Steelers are about to implode with the bell situation and then suspending AB in a crucial game for fighting with your HOF qb. Just a no thanks from me,way to dysfunctional.

Side note,I also saw a tweet from one of the beat writers( canít recall who) that said the glazers werenít afraid to spend for a coach as long as it was the right fit.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Schiano ran a good D, it's the one thing he did right. A Head Coach is not a coordinator. I want a good leader first, a good game manager, someone who coaches and develops players.

I've heard us connected only to NFL assistants and former NFL HCs. I don't know if they cant get or don't want the top college guys but it seems an oversight. Lincoln Riley is a great, young coach and should jump at big time opportunity. David Shaw is another strong college coach.
    Big giant emphasis on game manager. Koetter couldnít figure this out after 4 years and he cost us numerous games with questionable decisions and poor clock management.

We have requested an interview with George Edwards the DC of the Vikings. Not sure if this is a Rooney rule interview or not. But he impressed the bears last year in their interview process but ended up going with Nagy.

[QUOTE=PewterNRed;32736150]We have requested an interview with George Edwards the DC of the Vikings. Not sure if this is a Rooney rule interview or not. But he impressed the bears last year in their interview process but ended up going with Nagy.[/zQUOTE]

Also interviewing B. Flores and E. Bieniemy. I wonder if there is a rule saying you have to interview at least one white candidate LOL

I should say " requesting to interview"

Okay, so the Flores thing was a mistake. So far, the coaches that we are being linked to are....

Bruce Arians
    Jim Caldwell
    Jack Del Rio
    Eric Bieniemy, KC OC
    George Edwards, Min DC

Bucs linked to Brian Kelly and supposedly would pay him up to 10 million per year.

I must say I am not pleased. Caldwell and Del Rio would be awful choices. I'm not convinced Edwards can replicate Minnesota's success. Bieniemy is now the 3rd KC OC with HC interest, has fat well run dry? Kelly is a blowhard and always has been. This year he tried to calm down to prevent an aneurysm, my guess. Like JayZ said "you can try to change but that's just the top layer, you still are who you was before you got there". Arians and McCarthy are the only two that were a cut above this bunch.

I'd take Lincoln Riley in a heartbeat. David Shaw and Jim Harbaugh are the other 2 besides Davo and Saban I'd consider.

Tough decision ahead.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast