Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thoughts on Norv Turner?

Side note: I would be furious if somehow Licht survived it needs to be a clean slate after this year. I don't like rooting for us to lose but I really want a regime change, not an all of a sudden we pull our heads out of our ***** and go 8-8 or something and keep everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Thoughts on Norv Turner?

Side note: I would be furious if somehow Licht survived it needs to be a clean slate after this year. I don't like rooting for us to lose but I really want a regime change, not an all of a sudden we pull our heads out of our ***** and go 8-8 or something and keep everyone.
    I disagree.Eberyone constantly talks about us underperforming with the talent we have. That's a coaching problem, not a GM problem.

Keep Licht and Monkan and hire a Defensive coach, or hire a ST coach like J. Harbaugh or D. Toub and make sure they bring a hell of a good D Coordinator with them.

If John Harbaugh can bring the current D coordinator with him, that should be our #1 option

A guy who is still a big Jameis believer is Bruce Arians, he would be great but rumored he would only come out for the Browns and his health issues do worry me a little. But a Bruce Arians as HC, Hue as OC, Bowles as DC would be a nice way to get things moving. Plus that way I think we would give Jameis another year which would allow us to focus on D in this legendary Defensive draft class.

As frustrating as Jameis is and as much as I love Will Grier I would prefer to get a guru like Arians so we don't have to address the QB again with a 1st rounder.

A guy who is still a big Jameis believer is Bruce Arians, he would be great but rumored he would only come out for the Browns and his health issues do worry me a little. But a Bruce Arians as HC, Hue as OC, Bowles as DC would be a nice way to get things moving. Plus that way I think we would give Jameis another year which would allow us to focus on D in this legendary Defensive draft class.

As frustrating as Jameis is and as much as I love Will Grier I would prefer to get a guru like Arians so we don't have to address the QB again with a 1st rounder.
    Bruce Arians is definitely one of my favorite coaches of all time. I wasn't even considering him because my understanding is that he is done. I definitely would not want Hue as an O Coordinator. Talk about taking a big step back as an offense. That would be a disaster. You are definitely right though. Bruce Arians would be the best thing for Jameis.

Will Grier and Drew Lock are the only 2 QB's in the draft that I currently like.
    Last edited by aecon13; 11-07-2018 at 12:18 PM.

This is my current power ranking for our next Head Coach. #4 might be our most realistic option if the top 3 are unavailable.

1. John Harbaugh, Balt HC
    2. Mike Tomlin, Pitt HC
    3. Bruce Arians, FA
    4. Kris Richard, Dallas DC/DB's
    5. Lincoln Riley, Okl, HC
    6. Matt Lafleur, Ten OC
    7.Chris Peterson, Wash HC

Richards is only the DB coach isnt he? Isnt Marinelli (who im a huge fan of) is still there DC is he not? We have had no luck with coaches without HC experience in the nfl recently (other then lovie) i hope we go for someone that has won before and can bring some stability to this team for many years. Ive said it previously what i would love to see fire EVERYONE and bring Dungy or D.Brooks into a president role, Hire a GM not sure who just yet i dont hate reggie mckenzie that was just axed by the Raiders would be interesting to see what he could do without a Gruden or Mark/Al davis hovering over him). Hire Mike Tomlin as HC and if hes available Id love Marinelli as the DC and keep Monkin on as the OC.

I have no clue why anyone would want to keep Monken after Koetter. Unless you have gone back and studied Southern Miss offense under Monken then you have no clue what is philosophy is. He is currently running Dirk Koetter's intermediate passing vertical scheme which leads to below average rushing and a bunch of turnovers.

Richards and LaFleur would be huge mistakes.

You have to go with a talented, young college coach or a big name successful college or pro coach in my opinion. First call is Dabo Swinney.

I don't see Harbaugh getting canned nor do I see Tomlin. I think our best case scenario is Arians but he has stated over and over again he only wants the Browns job. McCarthy is also up there for me. No college coaches outside Lincoln Riley would excite me but why would he leave there to come here? Richard would be interesting for me. Lafleur and Matt Campbell (Iowa State) would be the only 2 that would make me mad.

We have been decimated at LB this year. Anyone think we target LB high in the draft? I like Kwon but we can't trust him, hes either been suspended or hurt most of his time here.

It's not that we cant trust Kwon, it's that his paycheck is gonna be too much moving forward and we need to use that money for FA Corner, potentially signing Donovan Smith, Jameis, a Running Back??

Beckwith should slide into the starting Mac. David on one side and Taylor on the other. Beckwith and Kwon were taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I expect us to draft a linebacker between rounds 3 and 5. No need to take one in the first 2 as we need to address O tackle, D End and Corner first.

Top choices for me, whether realistic or not...

Josh McDaniels.
    John Harbaugh.
    Dabo Sweeney.
    Vic Fangio.
    Lincoln Riley.
    Kliff Kingsbury.

I seriously worry about Beckwiths injury, I mean just how bad was it?? Not saying its career threatening or anything but certainly something to monitor going forward. Donovan Smith has put together arguably his worst year of his career in a contract year, I'm certainly not breaking the bank for him and I hope the Glazers don't either. If we have to move on, we move on. I really hope the entire right side of our Oline the final 3 games is Cappa and Webster just to see what we have in them but Koetter is extremely ignorant and won't do it cause he thinks he can save his job. I would really prefer us not draft a CB in the 1st round, would definitely prefer Oline or Dline.

McDaniels is just untrustworthy to me, Dabo has arguably the best gig in college football outside Bama why would he come to us?, and Kingsbury I never got the hype plus he is the new OC at USC. Fangio would be an interesting guy and would bring some much needed teeth to our D.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Richards is only the DB coach isnt he? Isnt Marinelli (who im a huge fan of) is still there DC is he not? We have had no luck with coaches without HC experience in the nfl recently (other then lovie) i hope we go for someone that has won before and can bring some stability to this team for many years. Ive said it previously what i would love to see fire EVERYONE and bring Dungy or D.Brooks into a president role, Hire a GM not sure who just yet i dont hate reggie mckenzie that was just axed by the Raiders would be interesting to see what he could do without a Gruden or Mark/Al davis hovering over him). Hire Mike Tomlin as HC and if hes available Id love Marinelli as the DC and keep Monkin on as the OC.
    Okay, im sorry but there are a lot of things that I have to tear apart in this.

1. The whole Derrick Brooks thing has to stop. He was a great player. He is not a good executive. I worked for the Tampa Bay Lightning/Tampa Bay Storm for 3 years. He has no clue how to successfully run an arena team. So why would you ever give him an NFL team to run? Just because he was a great player? It does not always translate. This would be the biggest mistake ever!!!!

2. Marinelli is officially the DC in Dallas, but Richard is actually the one calling the plays. He is the real leader of the defense according to multiple reports by the Dallas media, who i'm sure are credible sources. Not to mention he ran a great defense for years in Seattle.

3. We have had no luck with any HC lately. it doesn't matter if they have HC experience or not. Gruden had the experience, Dungy didn't, and both were successful. Ultimately, everyone is different and you can't just lump all HC's w/ past experience together, or all HC's with no past head coaching experience. M. Naggy did not have HC experience and neither did McVay.

4. Why would Marinelli leave Dallas for the same job elsewhere. Maybe because he is not actually the DC im Dallas? I guess maybe, but you didn't know that, so I doubt that is why you suggested it.

Finally....I'm not against R. Mckenzie as an Exec. He did a good job in Oakland before Gruden came in and ruined it. He's not my top choice, but I don't hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I have no clue why anyone would want to keep Monken after Koetter. Unless you have gone back and studied Southern Miss offense under Monken then you have no clue what is philosophy is. He is currently running Dirk Koetter's intermediate passing vertical scheme which leads to below average rushing and a bunch of turnovers.

Richards and LaFleur would be huge mistakes.

You have to go with a talented, young college coach or a big name successful college or pro coach in my opinion. First call is Dabo Swinney.
    So where did Matt Nagy and S. McVay fit into the criteria you have? Notice I did mention the big name NHL HC's ahead of those two, but those are the obvious names that everyone is going to want. Why would K. Richard be a mistake?

Also, I know coaches lie, but D. Sweeny is not leaving Clemson. I believe him!
    Last edited by aecon13; 12-13-2018 at 11:35 AM.

I seriously worry about Beckwiths injury, I mean just how bad was it?? Not saying its career threatening or anything but certainly something to monitor going forward. Donovan Smith has put together arguably his worst year of his career in a contract year, I'm certainly not breaking the bank for him and I hope the Glazers don't either. If we have to move on, we move on. I really hope the entire right side of our Oline the final 3 games is Cappa and Webster just to see what we have in them but Koetter is extremely ignorant and won't do it cause he thinks he can save his job. I would really prefer us not draft a CB in the 1st round, would definitely prefer Oline or Dline.

McDaniels is just untrustworthy to me, Dabo has arguably the best gig in college football outside Bama why would he come to us?, and Kingsbury I never got the hype plus he is the new OC at USC. Fangio would be an interesting guy and would bring some much needed teeth to our D.
    You have to monitor any season ending injury, no matter who it is. Donovan Smith has definitely not had the season he or the Bucs have wanted, but you could actually say that about most of our Oline. Furthermore, there has been a boat load of talk in our forums about Warhop and how he should be canned along with some of our other coaches. I don't personally think he's done a very good job and he should be released. You could argue Smith's slight decline could be a result of Warhop's failures as a coach. Having said that, No I would not break the bank for him, nor should anyone. I actually still strongly believe in Smith converting to RT if we can find our future LT in the first 2 Rounds of the Draft this year. My hopes are we Draft a LT for the future, signing Smith at a reasonable amount to play RT, we just paid Jensen and Marpet and hopefully Cappa takes a step and can play RG next September. Get us a new OL coach and IMO we are laughing.

We already know what we have in Wester. He is a great 6, 7 or 8 OLineman but should never start.

How is McDaniels untrustworthy?

Why wouldn't Dabo test the waters in the NFL? Why couldn't he be successful at the next level? Look at Coughlin, Switzer, Harbaugh, Vermeil and Carroll just to name a few. He may want to challenge himself and theres no reason why he couldn't do what any of those guys did.
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 12-13-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast