Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mod Favoritism

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Seems to me like the Dodger fans have too many sensitive whiners that don’t know how to chirp back without crossing the line.

I get lumped in as if I’m a Giants fan when that is not the case at all. There are just numerous annoying Dodger fan posters that clearly bother fans of many teams.

If that’s too insulting for them, too bad. It’s pretty evident.
    Bingo bongo. This isn't really a Giants/Dodgers issue at its' core, yet it is being treated as such.

A toxic poster (or group of posters) is a toxic poster regardless of who they root for and will be incapable of respectful conversation regardless of the topic or who they're speaking to. I'm on here for laughs as much as anything (and yes, I know that people take my sarcasm/sense of humor wrong at times); I'm certainly not here to troll or annoy people. Sometimes people need to be put in their place by peers. Unfortunately, this isn't allowed to happen since the mods all too often have no faith in posters policing themselves and/or each other and instead just come up with short sighted rules that do nothing but stifle activity.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    We had multiple people who arent affiliated with the Giants fanbase who thought that was in poor taste. Given how we don't want that kind of negative content posted here weighed very heavily in our closing of both "he he he" threads. We don't need those kinds of threads.
    wow… color me shocked that mods and admins would circle the wagons... this is a first in the history of internet forums.

You guys can do whatever you want... it is your site... just understand that your sites decline in part is a result of your management approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    wow… color me shocked that mods and admins would circle the wagons... this is a first in the history of internet forums.

You guys can do whatever you want... it is your site... just understand that your sites decline in part is a result of your management approach.
    or its because of reddit etc etc etc. Go find other forums like this that managed to beat time

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    or its because of reddit etc etc etc. Go find other forums like this that managed to beat time
    Thank You for your valued insight

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    We had multiple people who arent affiliated with the Giants fanbase who thought that was in poor taste. Given how we don't want that kind of negative content posted here weighed very heavily in our closing of both "he he he" threads. We don't need those kinds of threads.
    I thought it was a bad idea to begin with. Bait threads are bait threads, regardless of the fact that they were in a rival team's forum. If you get a team involved, you get their fans involved too. And you face the possible consequences of rival team's fans clashing. But nobody could convince Rush of this until things finally boiled over.

Personally, I found the hehehe thread in Giants forum humorous after some time, even though I still very much disapproved of it.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 11-07-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Blatant favoritism.

Oh this is rich...

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Seems to me like the Dodger fans have too many sensitive whiners that don’t know how to chirp back without crossing the line.

I get lumped in as if I’m a Giants fan when that is not the case at all. There are just numerous annoying Dodger fan posters that clearly bother fans of many teams.

If that’s too insulting for them, too bad. It’s pretty evident.
    We're not going into the Giants forum just to post jokes about the giants, they're coming into our forum to *****.

You mean you don't enjoy this?
    https://youtu.be/I6cmMYue4QE?t=138

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    As for the original post you guys really do not understand how modding works do you? The threads were wrong no doubt but if the dodgers created one first it would have only been an issue once the childish activities started... The mods dont enforce everything because this isnt a jail... The mods act when it becomes an issue which it became an issue once the thread was created in the other forum doing the same from the Giants forum causing childish behavior all around... Again if the Dodgers thread was created first and Giants fans created a thread a year later and it was causing trolling/baiting/making fun of peoples deaths it would have resulted in the same.
    So a because a bunch of Giants fans who are mods didn't have a problem with what was being said in the Giants forum, it wasn't a problem? Ah what paradigms of objectivity.
    But because a bunch of Giants fans had problems with what was going on in the dodger forum, NOW IT'S A PROBLEM!

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    We're not going into the Giants forum just to post jokes about the giants, they're coming into our forum to *****.

You mean you don't enjoy this?
    https://youtu.be/I6cmMYue4QE?t=138
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    So a because a bunch of Giants fans who are mods didn't have a problem with what was being said in the Giants forum, it wasn't a problem? Ah what paradigms of objectivity.
    But because a bunch of Giants fans had problems with what was going on in the dodger forum, NOW IT'S A PROBLEM!
    Again, none in the Giants forum had any issue with that thread until you, and only you, started making jokes about someone's death and a fan with permanent brain damage. No Giants fan took issue with anything else in that thread.

There are only two Giants mods, myself and sacgiants1213. That's not a bunch. For the record, 1213 thought it was fine leaving both threads up. I didn't have an issue with either thread. But in trying to curb hostility towards each fanbase, I agreed with Thomas that it's in the sites best interest to close them.

Closing those threads due to one person's antics isn't going to solve anything. For better or worse, that was one of the more active threads in the Giants forum for a few years. Classic case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Closing those threads due to one person's antics isn't going to solve anything. For better or worse, that was one of the more active threads in the Giants forum for a few years. Classic case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
    It wasn't just because of those specific posts. It's been a discussion for quite awhile. Before the Dodgers thread was created.

Could have fooled me. The timing of it (and many comments made by both you and Thomas after the fact) sure seems to indicate otherwise.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 11-14-2018 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Could have fooled me. The timing of it (and many comments made by both you and Thomas after the fact) sure seem to indicate otherwise.
    It's been discussed during the season. It just gained more traction and support during the Postseason.

Participating in intentional bait threads seems pretty unbecoming of Mods and Site Admins.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast