Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Hardaway

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Hasn't been inefficient in recent seasons, he was just so volatile and couldn't be depended on. I will admit that so far, so good this season and he is changing my mind about him. I'll even take it a step further and say that he's playing at an All Star level, something that I never thought he'd be capable of.
    so you are officially on board so we can stop debating it?...lol

I like Tim as our 3rd scoring option in 2019. If we get Reddish though we may be able to trade THJ. He would be to expensive to come off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean that's basically saying THJR cant win no matter what...lol. if he wasn't scoring then he's a bust, but now that he is scoring, it's because we are a bad team? but who else is scoring on this bad team?

Instead of looking at it like that, just look at his skillset. He's a good shooter from 3 on high volume, he's a great finisher at the rim, he's great in transition, he's a good secondary ball handler, he does a good job getting to the FT line, he's a low TO guy especially considering how many responsibilities he has, he's athletic and can play multiple positions.

So ask yourself, is that a modern NBA player skillset? and could a winning team use a player like that? I think so, and I think he'd be more efficient if we had a better team. Now he's probably not going to average 25ppg on a very good team, but he can still be a very good piece, who on SOME nights can be the #1.

It's not like Derrick Rose in 2016 putting up numbers here looking for a contract, and I hate to even bring him up but it's not Burke last year putting up numbers on mid range ISO's when the games didn't matter anymore, THJR is a legitimately good, modern player who is doing a good job of even allowing us to have some close 4th quarter games, which is always good for team development.
    You came into my post with your own emotions. I said he is playing up to his contract. If he continues then we should keep him. Point blank period.

This in no way means we should ignore the other parts of my comment. Putting up numbers in today's NBA with a green light on it's own isn't unbelievable. Hell even before offense was easier players put up numbers on bad teams got paid and then couldn't keep it up when the intensity ratcheted up. It's a staggeringly long list.

But if he plays this well and shoots this well with that volume I will not advocate for trading him. Nor should anyone. But that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    You came into my post with your own emotions. I said he is playing up to his contract. If he continues then we should keep him. Point blank period.

This in no way means we should ignore the other parts of my comment. Putting up numbers in today's NBA with a green light on it's own isn't unbelievable. Hell even before offense was easier players put up numbers on bad teams got paid and then couldn't keep it up when the intensity ratcheted up. It's a staggeringly long list.

But if he plays this well and shoots this well with that volume I will not advocate for trading him. Nor should anyone. But that remains to be seen.
    i actually did the exact opposite. I listed his skill set and asked if that's a skill set a winning team could use. Thats logic not emotion.

No one's saying what he's doing is unbelievable, but he's been really good. This is not MCW putting up numbers in PHI with a 48% TS%, THJR is scoring like a #1, and fairly efficiently with a TS% of 56%. so saying "he's just putting up numbers on a bad team" doesn't really apply. Would you say the same about KP last year? KP had a 54% TS last year.

if scoring on bad teams is so easy why is no one else on this team even averaging 16ppg?

i actually did the exact opposite. I listed his skill set and asked if that's a skill set a winning team could use. Thats logic not emotion.

No one's saying what he's doing is unbelievable, but he's been really good. This is not MCW putting up numbers in PHI with a 48% TS%, THJR is scoring like a #1, and fairly efficiently with a TS% of 56%. so saying "he's just putting up numbers on a bad team" doesn't really apply. Would you say the same about KP last year? KP had a 54% TS last year.

if scoring on bad teams is so easy why is no one else on this team even averaging 16ppg?
    You did it again. What you are doing is ignoring where O agree with you because you can't stand that I am not crowningbhim.but my exact words are that if he keeps this up we should keep him and he can help a winning team.

That's your argument.

What you xan't accept is that I am leaving room for him should he come back down to earth.

Also no one else is averaging that cause Burke now Trier thrives in the iso and Kanter demands a lot of game clock to get his offense and we are young which often means inconsistent and we are one of the lower ranked offenses. And and and.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    I like Tim as our 3rd scoring option in 2019. If we get Reddish though we may be able to trade THJ. He would be to expensive to come off the bench.
    With KP, Hardaway could be a legit 2cd scorer. Knox has to emerge as the third scorer with development this year for next. With KP and Knox as viable options Hardaway will have more opportunities.

so you are officially on board so we can stop debating it?...lol
    Never lol.

Tim has shut me up FOR NOW.

Timmy's confidence right now is sky high and his shot looks like money, his form is much better this year his feet are set even on the long shots, last year he was spread or one foot in front of the other and it got ugly at times.

That said fans forget KP looking at Timmy when taking those long chucks with no time off the clock, kind of giving him the you kidding me look, I need the ball also......... so and I think everyone agree's this team is all about how each player will do with KP.....

No doubt they can coexist but the problem is neither of them are what you call a great passing scorer. I've seen the comparisons to GS with Curry and Klay, but Curry is one heck of a passer and gets his shot off quicker than anyone in the league and Klay is probably 2nd.

I'm interested to see how Fiz will use both of them in the offense and see how the other three get involved.

Mitch actually fits better with both of them Because Kanter eats the ball and is a horrible passer, having him as the lob guy or clean up the boards kind of works out.

you need 3 and D guys now to play the PG and the other wing spot, does Knox fill that void and will Frank hit the three's on a clip that doesn't have teams focus on KP?

Or will there be that FA that does that?

I think KP picking for Timmy could be a scary two man game with the pop or roll, could be fun to watch.

Right now Timmy at 17m (this year means nothing) but if stays on this path next year he's worth the 18M, but I think as Smood said he hasn't proved yet he can maintain this performance, so its to be determined but so far so good.

Isn't this basically what everyone expected of him this year? 20+ppg, there is no one else here to score, Knox isn't ready to contribute and Lee isn't playing, those would've been his only real threats to taking 20 shots a game.

His percentages are up a bit, which is definitely nice to see. I'm just not sure there is any real surprise here. The boy can score. What's interesting is that he is basically the top dog on this team and the responsibility hasn't phased him. I suppose its easier when there aren't high expectations. Lets see how far he goes with it, doubt we'll have the record to justify an all star appearance.

The major issue with THJR's signing wasn't necessarily the amount, it was the timing. Signing someone to a deal like that should generally be the end of a rebuild not the beginning of one. But if he keeps this up we might just get away with something great here.

Frank, Knox, Mitch, KP, Trier, Dot, 2019 1st and Timmy. That's starting to look like a legit core. But yea, replace Timmy with nothing, and we would've had the potential to add close to two max players. It's not the end all be all, but it's the major gripe with respect to his deal. A few mln here or there is whatever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12