Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    You don't have to draft a kicker either. Guys can be picked up in FA to compete. The arguemebt against crosby is he has the 2nd highest cap hit for a kicker. It's nothing against him as a player. It's that if you can get similar production closer to the minimum, it's money that can be spent elsewhere. As a team, GB was 23rd in fg% and 19th in XP %. That's not good for the 2nd highest cap hit kicker. I'm okay bringing crosby back, but there should be a serious discussion on whether or not he's brought back at his current number.
    Bingo... restructure his deal I donít care... heís not worth 5 million

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Lower first seems like a reach. But I don't think if the pack takes a rush-end/OLB with one of 1st rounders that would exclude them one bit from doubling up as they did at CB this year. Packers need a ton of pass rush help particularly at OLB.
    We donít need a project rusher.... we need a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    We donít need a project rusher.... we need a starter.
    I 100% agree, but the original suggestion on Ximines was that if they either draft a high tier rusher IE at 17 and Ximines is there in the second he makes a ton of sense. He can still contribute early and adds to depth. Also the argument opens up for him in the late 1st and the 2nd if they add a free agent IE Ford, Clowney, Clark, etc. We in fact do need a project rusher in this draft as well because for years they had a chance to add a guy to develop. They need a starter and a guy to develop for depth. Do you take a project early or wait a little that's debatable and depends on the gains in free agency.

Looking like Deionte Thompson will enter the draft. Hope we avoid him in the 1st and 2nd rd.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I 100% agree, but the original suggestion on Ximines was that if they either draft a high tier rusher IE at 17 and Ximines is there in the second he makes a ton of sense. He can still contribute early and adds to depth. Also the argument opens up for him in the late 1st and the 2nd if they add a free agent IE Ford, Clowney, Clark, etc. We in fact do need a project rusher in this draft as well because for years they had a chance to add a guy to develop. They need a starter and a guy to develop for depth. Do you take a project early or wait a little that's debatable and depends on the gains in free agency.
    Agreed be nice to get 3 edge guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Stuckey View Post
    Agreed be nice to get 3 edge guys
    Agreed and 3 OL....I do hope they get a RB that will be mismatch in pass game like Kamara type and a big physical WR to pair with Davante. A TE also in the draft and this team will have a lot of void fills and finish up with a few FAs.

I think jones is that guy. I would mind giving that young rb we signed a shot and maybe bring back rip for insurance. To many holes to go after rb. Wtf is spriggs deal btw

There is a good chance they draft a WR in this draft most of the top 10 meet what the Packers have been building in the WR core. They have been drafting bigger more athletic guys. Not that thats a surprise, but in the top 10 WR's size wise I think few fall below 6'3.

Polite is a good pick for the Packers at 12 for pass rush...Abram at S for Missippi St. is very good and better than Thompson by a decent margin IMO. Evans an OT from Oklahoma or Lindstrom from BC are a couple names to watch for the Pack in rounds 2-3. A Badger lineman could also end up being a Packer in round 3.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/...asir-adderley/

I like adderley more than any other S in this draft.

Another S is Marquise Blair from Utah. Most likely a day 3 pick

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/...arquise-blair/

matt miller released a new mock. he had the Packers taking Brian Burns and Irv Smith Jr

The Green Bay Narrative
    The Podcast about Packers fans hosted by a Packers fan.
    http://www.thegreenbayguy.com/podcast.html

There's a new group of guys calling themselves the draft network. It's like 5 or so guys that put together content. They do a mock draft every Monday and a different guy does it so they only do it like once a month. It's a pretty solid site.

But all in all, polite is a popular name. You still see Thompson quite a bit, although it sounds like alot of here aren't big on him.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    matt miller released a new mock. he had the Packers taking Brian Burns and Irv Smith Jr
    I'd be fine those two picks on my end. Burns has a very nice upside. I think it's a slight reach taking him that high, but he obviously won't be there when they pick again. I think with Burns he makes a lot of sense though I prefer other ushers over him, he could develop into a better product than those I have on my higher list right now. Smith between him and Noah Fant I think they are both most day one ready TE's in the draft. Smith looks like your complete package type of TE where Fant offers more in terms of red zone and pass catching. Both would be solid picks.

On a slight side not with Kyler Murray declaring this shift the whole draft which makes it more likely the Packers will be getting a better player or have some better trade movement options whether up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Polite is a good pick for the Packers at 12 for pass rush...Abram at S for Missippi St. is very good and better than Thompson by a decent margin IMO. Evans an OT from Oklahoma or Lindstrom from BC are a couple names to watch for the Pack in rounds 2-3. A Badger lineman could also end up being a Packer in round 3.
    OL is going to be that wild card kind of pick because you know you're not going to get a big name from free agency, thus the possiblity for them to draft an OL is high. However, this draft will be interesting because we will get to see Gute's M.O. when it comes to OL's because TT was a rare day 1-2 guy. Where they pick will likely also speak about the unity they think they have. If the moves are more depth oriented then they are likely content with the unit. I would say they have decent depth on the interior part of the line. Cole Madison will be an interesting x factor for their draft strategy as well. They will need to find a solid tackle for depth at a minimum. We keep looking at some play maker types as offensive adds, but the other philosphy for this would be get better up front, make better holes in the run game. Both open up the pass and create higher percentage throws. They went pretty hardcore on WR's last season so OL is very much on the radar in my view. I haven't looked too much into the OL class this season.

Wonder if oakland would do pick 12 for 24 and 27 and maybe a 4th

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast