Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Still hoping for Burns at 12. Otherwise, Hockenson would be a good pick. TE position is going to be a big position of need if we want to help extend Rodgers career.

Totally open to trading up at this point to grab a guy we are in love with, or trading back to add picks and grab some more talent. I just do not want Metcalf.

I think they could absolutely still draft an EDGE guy since Z Smith will likely rush from inside on passing downs.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Still hoping for Burns at 12. Otherwise, Hockenson would be a good pick. TE position is going to be a big position of need if we want to help extend Rodgers career.

Totally open to trading up at this point to grab a guy we are in love with, or trading back to add picks and grab some more talent. I just do not want Metcalf.
    Agree on metcalf. I put alot more emphasis on the agility drills when judging athleticism for WRs and metcalf sucked at that. Plus he wasn't overly productive.

Im partially hoping that Oakland doesn't take a qb at 4, then panics and are willing to trade 24 and 27 for 12 and a 3rd or 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Agree on metcalf. I put alot more emphasis on the agility drills when judging athleticism for WRs and metcalf sucked at that. Plus he wasn't overly productive.
    I would throw in we are pretty big overall at WR. While WR is a slight need there is value in day 2 and beyond. I would much rather add a TE than Metcalf. The system that LaFleur runs needs a solid TE. For our system I would have to say TJ Hockenson and maybe Noah Fant is higher than DK Metcalf. There is a lot of flash to Metcalf, but production wise I don't know if he is even the best from his own school AJ Brown was far more productive and despite the combine I would argue is the better receiver. In both of their big seasons Brown essentially doubled Metcalf's production.

I think I like brown better as well. But all things considered, I'd take deebo in the 2nd over pretty much anyone in the 1st every time.

I really like Aj Brown and Deebo. But if feels like we will only be able to get Hockenson Fant or Irv Smith, or one of those WRs. But thats just a guess, maybe Deebo falls into the 3rd.

Also agree with still wanting Burns. Let him just go hunt on passing downs, thats a great role for him in year 1, and really can be his main role for a few years now that the Smiths are here. Preston will hold it down on early downs and Zadarius is a bit of a chess piece.

Cap is now kinda tight so Martinez or Daniels are likely gone. I like White or Bush because they probably play and impact right away, then also let us move on from Martinez if its true he wants big money.
    Then Gary or Oliver are intriguing but maybe taking a day 3 stab at a 3tech might be better. 3tech can also just become a high 2020 need too.
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 03-13-2019 at 07:57 PM.

So many different directions the Packers can go in the draft. I think Burns is top priority, if hes gone then get Hockenson. I hope we can retain Wilkerson, Breeland and Clay and cut Tramon. Our defense would be stacked and our major weaknesses last season will become our major strengths!

12th- Burns or Hockenson or Oliver
    30th- Fant or Bush
    44th- CGJ

I'm also a fan of still looking at burns at 12. But the great part about the moves is that it doesn't tie us to beat edge available at 12 either, which is fantastic.

We still have plenty of opportunity to fill roster spots, but now we have the flexibility to really let the draft come to us. If someome offers crazy value for pick 12, we can pull the trigger on the deal and not worry that all the good edge guys will be gone by the time we pick. And that really opens up the chance at really landing the best possible values in this draft.

I think it's becoming very obvious that Miami needs a qb. Unless they trade for Rosen (which is possible), I don't see how they can pass on a qb. Sitting right in front of them is a great spot to be if Miami doesn't trade up. Everyone has to assume they're taking a qb and if your guy is there at 12, you have to at least consider a move. So a great deal isn't out of the question.

Im one of the few that wouldnt draft Burns at 12...if hes available at 30? Now Im listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for all Jeffery Simmons is sitting there at 30 do you take him? A handful of red flags. around him there was the 2016 arrest, he won't be available to play this season due to an ACL, but when healthy he has top 10 talent. The reason this makes a ton of sense in my view is that you have Daniels coming up on a contract year. However, you also have some solid guys who will be here for a while IE Clark and Lowry. I think Adams looked pretty good last season as well. So we are in a position to roll the dice on someone like this. This could be a potential home run if he cleans up and returns to form. You have some back up plans in place as well. Talent wise I like Simmons over Wilkins, Oliver, and Lawrence, but less than Quinnen Williams. If he is there in the second round I think this is a no brainer, but curious about 30? I personally am all for it.

In terms of Burns I'm not big on him at 12, if we are taking Burns we better be moving down, but I think there would be much better value at 12. I still like Gary, Ferrell, and Sweat more than Burns. Not to mention the possibility some stout defenders like White could trickle down. Not to mention a few tackles or a TE like Hockenson could be an option.

Between 30 and 44 or at 44 yes. Basically like 2 first next year.

I really like Simmons. Whatd he have like 15 sacks one year? Hes an animal. That video from way back is alarming though and like you said torn acl and all, really doesnt sound like a player we should look at in the 1st round but in the 3rd i think that would be cool. If someone else takes a flier on him earlier than that then whatever.

The pick of 3tech is super interesting in itself. If we were to select that type of player before day 3, he really should be a sure fire Daniels replacement and hopefully a guy with more abilty of actually getting to the QB. And yes that is what Simmons is, but if we boost the Edge even more, how pressing of a need will 3T ever even be? Not too mention it can just always become a 2020 need.

I feel like we would need to take him at 30 if we wanted Simmons because I don't think he get's past the Pats. They have the ability to wait on him too. However, from a year one impact stand put Simmons falls largely because there are a bunch of guys who may not be as long term good, but maybe a slight peg down who pass him because they don't have the baggage. I like Oliver, Lawrence, Wilikins, etc. who all could be there at 30 or the 44. Honestly hope the draft falls similar to this below:

1a. TJ Hockenson
    Hock makes a ton of sense the best TE in the draft, but Fant and Smith are not far behind, and I think if they don't get him at 1a, we nab one of the others at 1b. I don't see a way around getting a TE in the first round unless they see something with this team most of us don't. Hock is a solid blocker and a playmaker, he's a complete TE who quickly earns the trust of Rodgers. I feel like the Iowa guys have a huge edge in value because they run a similar blocking scheme to our ZBS.

1b. Clelin Ferrell
    I think his stock is not currently at what it once was, but this could work out phenomenally for the Packers. Ferrell is one of my favorites in this draft. To get him here would be a steal, but I don't see how you can pass. He is versatile and will give Mike Pettine tremendious flexibility to move him around. In my view Ferrell makes the most sense with the moves we have made. You have a guy who can plant his hand in the dirt, but also move around to stand up. Ferrell would be the perfect fit for this defense.

2. Marquis Brown
    Brown fits what we need the most. He is a speedy guy slot guy who I think is similar to Tavon Austin and Bradin Cooks. He would be an explosive player and another weapon for Rodgers. With the hype train rolling around Metcalf, AJ Brown, and Butler, I think Brown could slip to us here in the second. He would fill the spot and the need they have at WR, and he would be a great answer for the loss of Randall Cobb.

3. David Edwards
    I know some people here will grade him as a 2nd, but if you take of the Wisconsin glasses I think he falls to the 3rd, he's a perfect fit here. You have the ability to develop him this year with the addition of Turner, they are in a really good spot to get a developmental guy and Edwards has some polish already, but some time to marinate as well. The OL outlook looks great if this occurs. I'm not sure they will be in a rush to add OL here, but I don't see a better value here if Edwards is there. However, they could be looking safety here as well.

Would it be crazy to take jacobs somewhere in the 1st (maybe on trade back)? Lafluer loves to run the rock and it needs to be. Aaron jones is very fragile and jamaal is simply just steady. A guy like jacobs has some of that freak in him like him like barkley and elliott. It'd be great to see a real punishing specimen back there with aaron!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast