Thu. 15 at New York Islanders 7:00 PM ET
    Sat. 17 vs. Florida Panthers 7:00 PM ET
    Mon. 19 vs. Dallas Stars 7:00 PM ET
    Wed. 21 vs. New York Islanders 7:00 PM ET
    Fri. 23 at Philadelphia Flyers 1:00 PM ET
    Sat. 24 vs. Washington Capitals 2:00 PM ET
    Mon. 26 vs. Ottawa Senators 7:00 PM ET
    Thu. 29 at Ottawa Senators 7:30 PM ET
    Sports Data API Powered by STATS © 2018 by STATS.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-02-2018 at 04:48 PM.

By Mark Easson -
    11/03/2018
    Teams trying to trade for Hayes … Shattenkirk won’t be easy to move
    Chris Nichols of Nichols on Hockey: Elliotte Friedman on his 31 Thoughts podcast said that there are teams that are trying to trade for New York Rangers center Kevin Hayes. It’s up to Rangers GM Jeff Gorton on when he wants to move him.

Gorton could likely move Mats Zuccarello at any time as well.

“Shattenkirk will be harder because he’s got term,” considered Friedman. “But it’s not ridiculous term. He only signed for what, four years? So there’s only three years left. But I think that’s going to be harder.”
    Friedman adds that it appears they’ve made up their mind that they aren’t going to be re-signing Hayes.

Artemi Panarin – Columbus Blue Jackets – No deal – He is their offense and they need to ride him as long as possible. There would still be a strong return at the trade deadline.

Kevin Hayes – New York Rangers – Deal – It doesn’t appear that they are going to re-sign him so might as well add a prospect now and open up a little more roster space for their younger players.

Tyler Myers– Winnipeg Jets – No Deal – The Jets are a contender and they need him as he plays over 18 minutes a night.

Mats Zuccarello – New York Rangers – Deal – He’s popular in New York but he has trade value and someone may overpay. He is producing this season, 10 points in 13 games. Some team may overpay to add his offensive touch.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-03-2018 at 12:27 PM.

I dont care if it's the wrong thing but I like winning, or Quinning...lol. hank is unreal

1. Lias Andersson has been called up.
    2. Howden says he feels fine and would have practiced if they let him.
    3. Nieves & Claesson both practiced fully, no restrictions.

There are only so many roster spots, so something has got to give—or should I say 2 guys will have to be sent down. Nieves could only be sent down for conditioning, because he’s out of options so he would have to be placed on waivers. And Howden could be placed in IR, I guess if need be.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-05-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    1. Lias Andersson has been called up.
    2. Howden says he feels fine and would have practiced if they let him.
    3. Nieves & Claesson both practiced fully, no restrictions.

There are only so many roster spots, so something has got to give—or should I say 2 guys will have to be sent down. Nieves could only be sent down for conditioning, because he’s out of options so he would have to be placed on waivers. And Howden could be placed in IR, I guess if need be.
    I think Letterri is going down, hopefully MacLeod becomes the extra. I doubt they would call up Lias for a couple games but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I think Letterri is going down, hopefully MacLeod becomes the extra. I doubt they would call up Lias for a couple games but who knows.
    I think McQuaid went to IR, so there’s a spot. Now we have two extra forwards. They could also be gearing up to make some moves. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spooner was the only guy who did nothing—unless you look at the score sheet you would have never known he played in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Spooner was the only guy who did nothing—unless you look at the score sheet you would have never known he played in this game.
    I though Andersom fast and spooner had some good shifts tonight.

It’s nice to see these guys working hard and starting to have success on the ice. They seem to be understanding that Quinn isn’t screwing around and his emphasis on accountability is very much a legitimate thing.

That said, I’m still concerned about them winning a bit too much.
    They aren’t a playoff team, IMO. And even if they got there, they’d likely be eliminated immediately. I think it’s important that they pick very high this coming Draft.
    Farm system has improved dramatically in the last 18 months, but may still be lacking a true franchise piece.

I agree, but it may be more about showcasing some guys for trade.

Boo Nieves has been assigned to Hartford.

Zuccs has a groin strain, may not play.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-08-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Some things to consider are:

1. Hank is playing very well right now, but at some point he’s likely to hit a bit of a slump, or at least not appear as superhuman as he has so far.

2. The young guys will probably hit a wall at some point as well. It’s very difficult for rookies to play consistently over 82 games.

3. This team will likely sell off veteran pieces like Zuccarello, Hayes, etc. We saw what happened after the deadline last year. Chances are were in for another dose of that.

4. They’ve been pretty fortunate so far on the injury front. That could and likely will change.

This team will see it’s share of losses and likely finish in the bottom third of the league. That’s what we expected and still likely to happen despite their recent run of success.

It’s too early to tell if anyone in the system is a franchise guy. They’re still young and developing. But the team is going to keep buying lottery tickets, and odds are that they hit eventually. We just need to be patient because rebuilds don’t happen overnight.

Just let the players decide where we land,the last thing I want to have here is a losing attitude. Move pieces when it makes sense and keep building but continue to preach effort and try to win every game you play. I feel that Buffalo and Edmonton almost made losing acceptable and they have stalled their rebuild multiple times because of it despite getting a franchise player(s) in the draft.

1.Looking around the net, seems Pittsburgh has made Daniel Sprong available 21 yr old right wing.

The Post-Gazette has this:
    The Penguins aren’t willing to trade Sprong because they dislike him or his game, which has required ample effort to develop since they drafted him in the second round (46th overall) back in 2015.

More that they have nowhere to put the offensive-minded right wing.

The Penguins have been frustrated that their bottom-six has featured people playing out of position, and Sprong is Exhibit A. He’s been a scorer through the QMJHL and AHL and is not at all suited to play fourth-line minutes. Sprong has also not helped his own case.

Dating back to training camp, Sprong has been underwhelming from an offensive perspective. Whether it was playing alongside Sidney Crosby, failing to score in the preseason or earning his way up the lineup, Sprong hasn’t been able to make his presence felt.

The Penguins want their fourth line to create more momentum than it has been recently, and they were thrilled with the work turned in by Garrett Wilson, Matt Cullen and Zach Aston-Reese on Wednesday in Washington.

Sprong, who’s on a one-way contract, is trying to remain positive and focused on the task at hand. But he’s expected to be a healthy scratch Saturday against Arizona and knows he’s one phone call away from having to pack up his stuff and move.

2.Montreal has injuries in the forward position not to mention Plakanec was broughtout so they are looking to make a deal.

3.Time is ticking on Nylander and he’s available as Toronto wants to keep pace on their playoff run. Nylander’s camp is holding firm at around $8 million per season on a long-term deal, it might scare off any potentially interested teams.

4. Edmonton is losing its patience with Puljujarvi so it’s only a matter of time before they give up on him.

5. There’s interest in Hayes and Zuccs, and with Hayes playing well there is no saying what we could get in return as more teams have growing interest or if we decide to keep him for that matter—he’s playing that well.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-10-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    Some things to consider are:

1. Hank is playing very well right now, but at some point he’s likely to hit a bit of a slump, or at least not appear as superhuman as he has so far.

2. The young guys will probably hit a wall at some point as well. It’s very difficult for rookies to play consistently over 82 games.

3. This team will likely sell off veteran pieces like Zuccarello, Hayes, etc. We saw what happened after the deadline last year. Chances are were in for another dose of that.

4. They’ve been pretty fortunate so far on the injury front. That could and likely will change.

This team will see it’s share of losses and likely finish in the bottom third of the league. That’s what we expected and still likely to happen despite their recent run of success.

It’s too early to tell if anyone in the system is a franchise guy. They’re still young and developing. But the team is going to keep buying lottery tickets, and odds are that they hit eventually. We just need to be patient because rebuilds don’t happen overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Just let the players decide where we land,the last thing I want to have here is a losing attitude. Move pieces when it makes sense and keep building but continue to preach effort and try to win every game you play. I feel that Buffalo and Edmonton almost made losing acceptable and they have stalled their rebuild multiple times because of it despite getting a franchise player(s) in the draft.
    All valid points to be sure.
    And I couldn’t agree more with the point on culture of losing or losing becoming acceptable. That should be avoided at all costs.

I disagree somewhat on Edmonton. Their rebuild has stalled cause they missed big on a couple high picks, and because they made some poor trades and signings.
    They’re a better team today with Hall and Eberle on the roster and Lucic off of it.

My concern is that I don’t see this lasting forever as to where they get huge amounts of top-10 picks.
    I think you’re looking at this year, maybe next year, and that’s it.
    They sign a Panarin next summer and they’re not picking in the top 10 in 2020, IMO.

I just think at some point they’ll need a top 5 pick. Gotta lose a lot to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    All valid points to be sure.
    And I couldn’t agree more with the point on culture of losing or losing becoming acceptable. That should be avoided at all costs.

I disagree somewhat on Edmonton. Their rebuild has stalled cause they missed big on a couple high picks, and because they made some poor trades and signings.
    They’re a better team today with Hall and Eberle on the roster and Lucic off of it.

My concern is that I don’t see this lasting forever as to where they get huge amounts of top-10 picks.
    I think you’re looking at this year, maybe next year, and that’s it.
    They sign a Panarin next summer and they’re not picking in the top 10 in 2020, IMO.

I just think at some point they’ll need a top 5 pick. Gotta lose a lot to get that.
    Agree but Edmonton felt they needed to change the culture by moving Hall and Eberle out. Also if you sign Panarin you just acquired a top 5 pick type player.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast