Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLB Offseason

I'm curious why Corbin is ranked so much higher than Keuchel. I know he had a better year last year and he's two years younger, but I just feel that Keuchel is the much safer bet.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Sounds like Seattle and Cleveland are going to blow their teams up. Almost everyone is available.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Not true at all. why lie like this? and people believe you lol. You should run for president.

Indians have a very good and very deep Starting rotation. So they will look at ways to improve the team (mainly outfield). Kluber could be moved but they will demand an All-star caliber OF'er in return along with top prospects. Indians are also in a bad division. They will be fine. gotta improve the OF though.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

^I agree. The Mariners are trying to blow it up but the Indians are not. They are trying to improve by trading from a position of strength.

A team like them who made the World Series three years ago and has been in the playoffs the past two years, in an easy division, won't just give it all up this easily. Especially with a young core still intact and one of the best rotations in baseball still.

It's the payroll flexibility. Myers this coming season will only make $5.5 million. Leake and Segura are due almost $31 million for the duration of the time they are together. Even when the bulk of Myers' extension kicks in during 2020, they still save money. This allows them to go out in the FA market and likely make a couple moves to add to the roster.

Just kind of weird that they'd take on someone like Myers who isn't all that great by trading away a real quality SS. I'd rather deal Segura and get back prospects and just stomach Leake's remaining two years.

Wil Myers doesn't really have a good contract after this year tho

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Wil Myers doesn't really have a good contract after this year tho
    Yeah. After 2019 he's owed $60M over the next three seasons plus a buyout.

If the Indians want OF I understand why they're in talks with the dodgers, The dodgers have pleanty, though, I'm not sure the dodgers need starting pitching, so it's hard to say.

I would love to get L.A. native Trevor Bauer though.

The Indians want Nimmo.

Only the Mets would give away the 2nd best wRC+ player in the NL.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Indians want Nimmo.

Only the Mets would give away the 2nd best wRC+ player in the NL.
    He really did have a monster year. The only question is, is it sustainable? I think some regression has to be expected.

I can definitely be sold on selling him if we are getting Kluber in the deal. Kluber is under control for the next 3 years on a very reasonable contract. Despite his age, I still think he has tremendous value over the next 3 seasons.

We'd have to replace Nimmo via Free Agency if that happens.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-28-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Talks between the Red Sox and free-agent righty Nathan Eovaldi are “intensifying,” Robert Murray of The Athletic reports (via Twitter). Fancred’s Jon Heyman suggests that talks could reach as high as four years and an annual value close to $17MM (Twitter link). The Red Sox are one of many teams who’ve been prominently linked to the right-hander, who starred for them following a midseason trade from the Rays.

-MLBTR

Per two reports on MLBTR, the Mets are in on the trade market for JT Realmuto, and are hesitant to put Rosario in a deal. They are also in on free agent outfielder AJ Pollock.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast