Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's get things going here !!!!!!

Wow This place is dead. It shouldn't be but it is. This place was Rude to folks at times and it looks now like it, took it's toll. But since I have been back here I see lots of guess but no NEW members.
    I would like to see New members give this site a chance. so Lets stick to hockey NOT try to Stat new members to death or pound them on their opinions . Build something here. We're Bruin Fans/ hockey fans enjoy.

Donato got send down. I have no problem with that, Give him time to find his game again. What I do have a problem with is Heinen as a top 6 forward and given PP TOI are you kidding 10 games NO GOALS 3 helpers and god knows how many bone head moves/turnovers and he's on our PP. The Bruins are lets face it a 1 line team due to Sweeney's love for 4th line Boarder line NHL players. Players like Acciari, Kuraly, Wagner,Nordstrom, and Backes. That's 6 4th line forwards No wonder we don't have a 3rd line. and with Krejci showing up if and when he's interested to this team need help and soon. Jump in folks lets hear your opinion on this.

PSD for hockey is a dying place with The Other Site being very popular. I know a few of us who are there a lot now. That's reality. I'll still pop in from time to time. I don't recall this place being "rude" to people.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

I think what he means is unless you were part of the tight inner circle you were a nobody and got no respect

Quote Originally Posted by neely borque View Post
    I think what he means is unless you were part of the tight inner circle you were a nobody and got no respect
    That Sums it up ^^^^^^^^^ Really should try to get new members a good place to talk hockey is hard to find.

No - just that one Seguin guy - he sucked - everyone else is cool LOL
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    No - just that one Seguin guy - he sucked - everyone else is cool LOL
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by neely borque View Post
    I also dont think you should take things personal from a site. Me and b>h dont agree alot and i enjoy our different view. Its to bad cause we had a great group with everyone bringing something different
    Unleash the Pasta!

Speaking of being mean to people... I’m gonna be mean to all of the guys who said the Bruins shouldn’t play lefties on the right side of the Defense..... [emoji16] lol... kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Bergeron out 4 weeks with a shoulder injury per Dreger. Ugh
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Danman1116 View Post
    Bergeron out 4 weeks with a shoulder injury per Dreger. Ugh
    Such a shame. I believe he was on pace for a career year and also looking like an MVP candidate. Oh yea and also now the Bruins are screwed too. It will at least be a chance for JFK to play more and DK46 to play with Pastrnak or Marchand or maybe both and get him some reps with elite talent on the wing.

Bjork Krejci pasta
    Marchand Nordstrom DeBrusk
    I’d what the hockey writers are saying for tonight 🤮

This site certainly was rude to people and the “inner circle” comment is dead on. If you disagreed with one, you felt the force of them all. Curious, if the “other site” just HF?

Unfortunately to me it seems like the owners and Admins have given up. When I left initially it was still pretty active but a lot of the regulars were getting banned for simply disagreeing with Mods or keeping a conversation going longer than what some mods liked. But it created conversation and urged people to sign up and get their own opinions out there. Over the past few years? Voices shut down, accounts banned permanently and the conversations died out. If you guys were new would you sign up? Looking in all the Boston sports boards, they’re dead. 2-3 posts a day in this board, just one big “what’s next” on the Sox board. It sucks, but it starts with us getting conversation going and urging people to get included.

I get that message boards aren’t as popular as they were from like 08-16 because of social media but there’s still a market for people thT want to discuss sports anonymously.

Traffic to this site has fallen dramatically over the past 5 years. “Bruins trade rumors” use to bring you right to a PsD front page with articles and rumored deals. They’re not even on page 1 anymore.

Going through some threads it seems like this place is falling apart. Bringing back permabanned members from half a decade ago? Many of which never should have been permanently banned? Many of which now have no interest in coming back since all the originals are banned or left when everyone else got banned. There’s no ads for the PSD forum anywhere and while I understand the boards don’t make the $, it adds a shitload of additional page views which in turn will increase the ad revenue. So much more I have to say but I’ll save it for the feedback forum.

Tl:dr
    - Over zealous Mods ruined the forum by banning most active posters because they’d rather have everyone agree with each other and bow down to mods.
    - Unbanning permabanned members show me the site is in desperation mode
    - We need to build our own activity in this forum and people will start to trickle back in
    - Admins have given up on the site “we don’t have the resources and the app hasn’t been updated since 2012”

I’m actually considering trying to get a team of 5 tech savvy guys together and talk about trying to purchase this website and run with it. The overhead is minimal and there’s actually some avenues to make money. There’s no reason this shouldn’t be the most active all purpose sports forum on the web. You can tell that the owners now have this on the back burner.

One more thing actually, a lot of the guys that were singled out and banned long term were the guys we should have been marketing too. This forum use to be stacked and packed with HS aged kids. Of course they’re going to troll. Of course some of their opinions are going to be putrid. But we should have let them grow as people and I think many of them would have turned around and been productive posters.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcCrawford View Post
    This site certainly was rude to people and the “inner circle” comment is dead on. If you disagreed with one, you felt the force of them all. Curious, if the “other site” just HF?

I get that message boards aren’t as popular as they were from like 08-16 because of social media but there’s still a market for people thT want to discuss sports anonymously.
    Yes, that is the other site, as we're not supposed to mention it here. I would disagree that message boards aren't as popular. The Other Site is extremely popular and continues to grow. Many of us are there now. All of what you said makes a lot of sense, and I would love to be able to talk more hockey here so if the population builds back up that'd be great. It's hard to balance everything out though. Talk hockey on the other site, talk hockey on Reddit, talk hockey on Twitter.

I do think a lot of the good posters that used to post here on the B's forum just left. Can't say I remember any of them getting banned.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

It wasn’t just the Bruins forum I was talking about though. Look in the NHL main forum. It’s a barren wasteland now.

I remember back in the day when they were laying out the ban hammer a bunch of guys would go and create new sites then come back with dupes and spam the life out of us trying to get us to join. Seemed like a bit of a domino effect. You get rid of the most active NHL posters with excessive “points”, bans, etc. and eventually they get sick of it and leave, then their buddies follow. There’s a pretty bold line between “trolling” and just disagreeing with someone but the site didn’t seem to understand that.

Hf is, always has been, and always will be the biggest hockey forum on the net but the intrigue this site had over HF was the games constantly going on and the ability to talk to all different fans of all different sports. This isn’t to you, because I get it, but it’s super naive to just completely ban the name of another forum and just reeks of desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcCrawford View Post

Unfortunately to me it seems like the owners and Admins have given up. When I left initially it was still pretty active but a lot of the regulars were getting banned for simply disagreeing with Mods or keeping a conversation going longer than what some mods liked. But it created conversation and urged people to sign up and get their own opinions out there. Over the past few years? Voices shut down, accounts banned permanently and the conversations died out. If you guys were new would you sign up? Looking in all the Boston sports boards, they’re dead. 2-3 posts a day in this board, just one big “what’s next” on the Sox board. It sucks, but it starts with us getting conversation going and urging people to get included.

Traffic to this site has fallen dramatically over the past 5 years. “Bruins trade rumors” use to bring you right to a PsD front page with articles and rumored deals. They’re not even on page 1 anymore.

Going through some threads it seems like this place is falling apart. Bringing back permabanned members from half a decade ago? Many of which never should have been permanently banned? Many of which now have no interest in coming back since all the originals are banned or left when everyone else got banned. There’s no ads for the PSD forum anywhere and while I understand the boards don’t make the $, it adds a shitload of additional page views which in turn will increase the ad revenue. So much more I have to say but I’ll save it for the feedback forum.

Tl:dr
    - Over zealous Mods ruined the forum by banning most active posters because they’d rather have everyone agree with each other and bow down to mods.
    - Unbanning permabanned members show me the site is in desperation mode
    - We need to build our own activity in this forum and people will start to trickle back in
    - Admins have given up on the site “we don’t have the resources and the app hasn’t been updated since 2012”

I’m actually considering trying to get a team of 5 tech savvy guys together and talk about trying to purchase this website and run with it. The overhead is minimal and there’s actually some avenues to make money. There’s no reason this shouldn’t be the most active all purpose sports forum on the web. You can tell that the owners now have this on the back burner.

One more thing actually, a lot of the guys that were singled out and banned long term were the guys we should have been marketing too. This forum use to be stacked and packed with HS aged kids. Of course they’re going to troll. Of course some of their opinions are going to be putrid. But we should have let them grow as people and I think many of them would have turned around and been productive posters.
    I haven't given up on the site. However, given who owns the site and the resources they want to put in, this is the best that we have. The app hasn't been supported since 2012, but that's also because a better alternative in Tapatalk came about. Rush and I can only do so much, and we need a dedicated presence across the board to help create threads and drive discussion.

If you want to try and buy the site, be my guest. However, you will be negotiating with Tribune Media Company and I doubt they have any intention of selling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast