Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well that was as solid of an overall effort as I've seen them play in a while. The defense still is giving up lots of shots, but not nearly as many higher quality chances as the first 10 games. I still think they need a rugged winger and Dman for the P.O.'s, so hopefully they can flip Willie for some size and grit...along with a bit of scoring.

Saturday, November 10th
    Maple Leafs(11-5-0) vs Bruins(8-5-2)
    7:00 pm et
    CBC HNIC/SN1

Tuesday, November 13th
    Maple Leafs(11-6-0) vs Kings(5-10-1)
    10:30 pm et
    SNO

Thursday, November 15th
    Maple Leafs(12-6-0) vs Sharks(10-6-3)
    10:30 pm et
    SNO

Friday, November 16th
    Maple Leafs(13-6-0) vs Ducks(8-9-3)
    10:00 pm et
    TSN4

Boys are looking good on this roadie.

Can anyone please feasibly explain to me how Freddie Gauthier is playing in the NHL? In 53 career games he is a -4 player with 5 points and 42% on F.O.'s. He's 6'5 230 and plays like he's 5'9 160...and skates like Jason Allison.

Is there no one else with the Marlies they could call up?

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    Can anyone please feasibly explain to me how Freddie Gauthier is playing in the NHL? In 53 career games he is a -4 player with 5 points and 42% on F.O.'s. He's 6'5 230 and plays like he's 5'9 160...and skates like Jason Allison.

Is there no one else with the Marlies they could call up?
    There's times I disagree with you. But I back your statement there 100%.

The thing with the Goat is that he at least doesn't hurt you out there. If he's your 13th/14th forward when everybody is back its better to have a safe option than somebody that either looks great or goes completely invisible.

Once Lindholm and Brown are on that 4th line, they should rip teams apart.

Gaut is perplexing. He's A top defensive forward anywhere he plays except the NHL. I'm not sure the AHL is a good place for him anymore because he doesn't need to learn anything more, except how to translate his skills to the NHL. I think having him ride the line as a healthy scratch and get a little more used to the league might be the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Gaut is perplexing. He's A top defensive forward anywhere he plays except the NHL. I'm not sure the AHL is a good place for him anymore because he doesn't need to learn anything more, except how to translate his skills to the NHL. I think having him ride the line as a healthy scratch and get a little more used to the league might be the best way.
    He just seems like he's popcorn...not bad...not good...just there, but no flavor or real value. I would think his skating would hold him back...so why not at least use SOME of your size and lean into guys to carve an identity for yourself? When he's out there, it's like it's a pick up hockey game and he's just playing against some buddies. As for offense...there's nothing there...which you can live with a solid 4th liner who forechecks, skates and hits...he does none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    He just seems like he's popcorn...not bad...not good...just there, but no flavor or real value. I would think his skating would hold him back...so why not at least use SOME of your size and lean into guys to carve an identity for yourself? When he's out there, it's like it's a pick up hockey game and he's just playing against some buddies. As for offense...there's nothing there...which you can live with a solid 4th liner who forechecks, skates and hits...he does none of that.
    Its very perplexing.

Based on what we know about his personality I worry that he may be saving all of his money and has a plan for the minimum salary to set him up for the life. Its what I would do but it's better for the team if your guys are hungry.

Monday, November 19th
    Blue Jackets(12-6-2) vs Maple Leafs(14-6-0)
    7:00 pm et
    SNO

Marner is good at hockey.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Marner is good at hockey.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Only a little bit. Remember.. we're Leafs fans. Can't brag too much. But that behind the back save Andersen made was ****ing insane.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast