Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    There ya go. You just named a few ... we got some others coming. Allison and Ratcliffe too ... both big bodied guys that can shoot, play a 2 way game ...

I’m not committed fully to anyone on our 4th line currently
    That's probably why they're on the 4th line....

But I agree with all of this. Plus we're going to have Farabee & O'Brien knocking on the door in no time. Need to make room somewhere....we can't keep this many prospects in the system forever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    That's probably why they're on the 4th line....

But I agree with all of this. Plus we're going to have Farabee & O'Brien knocking on the door in no time. Need to make room somewhere....we can't keep this many prospects in the system forever.

I'd like to take a few of these lottery tickets and cash them in on a stud. I though O'Reilly was the perfect guy, but theres other options, like Nylander, or gaudreau etc.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'd like to take a few of these lottery tickets and cash them in on a stud. I though O'Reilly was the perfect guy, but theres other options, like Nylander, or gaudreau etc.
    Agreed, but it's not exactly clear what we need yet. Also, I'd prefer to slow-play as many of the College players as possible to avoid the ******** expansion rules.

who would you rather have besides them? Its not like we have a ton of options who can play the pk and be effective. Its them or lehtera/weise/leier
    heck of a job, hexy.
    I'd hate to say it...but good game again...

but still......

#FireHak
    pressure makes diamonds.

without pressure to keep your job, without urgency to win, without the expectation to be ****ing great, players can just show up like they're working a 9-5. they may have worked hard, but it's been okay if that work didn't yield improvement. they may have wanted to win, but it's been fine if they couldn't do it consistently.

for as long as hextall has been here, losing was acceptable. i have criticized him loudly and consistently for having that mentality, and for instilling it throughout this organization.
    the last few days, you saw what's possible when that changes.. you saw this organization want something. you saw their balls drop.

now, let's see where puberty takes them.
    Last edited by steagles; 11-03-2018 at 01:28 PM.

There are plenty of players to fill the bottom 6 and make us lethal ... we just have to see past the stigma of playing “top 6” guys in bottom 6 roles while they are young, and saying that “development means playing” ... I think people can develop against NHL competition playing 12min a night just as well as AHL 18min a night ... we will score more and someone could push for 14 or 16min even.

So Neuvy is heading back to Philly to be looked at by team doctors. While I'm mostly sure he probably blinked and hurt himself again, I'm holding out some hope that this is a precautionary pretrade physical.

On top of that, flyers twitter announcing Pickard the starter tonight.

Interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    On top of that, flyers twitter announcing Pickard the starter tonight.

Interesting to say the least.
    ya thats kinda weird. Elliot has played well last two games as has the team...why play pickard against the best of the cali teams. smh u suck hakstol

is elliot hurt?

There are rumours connecting the Flyers with Bob in CBJ, Anderson in OTT, and Smith in CAL. Doesn't really make sense to bring in any of those 3 unless more than 1 goalie is on the way out.

Playing Pickard tonight could be a test to see if 2 or 3 goalies are on the way out.

what a waste of a signing. Neuvy has done nothing but injure himself every week. I honestly don't know why we didn't try to sign miller, bernier, or johnson. They were all available when we resigned neuvy.

Quote Originally Posted by CCSaint View Post
    There are rumours connecting the Flyers with Bob in CBJ, Anderson in OTT, and Smith in CAL. Doesn't really make sense to bring in any of those 3 unless more than 1 goalie is on the way out.

Playing Pickard tonight could be a test to see if 2 or 3 goalies are on the way out.
    calgary won't trade smith. They need him. CBJ won't trade bob in their own division. Anderson I would only want for super cheap. Wouldnt trade any valuable assets for him. Although I would like to have anderson or varlamov paired with hart.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    calgary won't trade smith. They need him. CBJ won't trade bob in their own division. Anderson I would only want for super cheap. Wouldnt trade any valuable assets for him. Although I would like to have anderson or varlamov paired with hart.
    Well, Smith has only not looked like horse poop in 2 games this year. Bob hasn't been much better. And Varlamov just got freighttrained by Vancouver after a hot start. Still, would take every single one of them over what we have right now.

So, bobrovsky is in a contract year according to spottrac and another report said the negotiations broke down. I believe it was dated in August.

Couple that with a slow start, and I can understand why hes available.

It's also a no brainer pickup if the cost is fair.

A vezina caliber goalie with this team as it grows this season could make them a formidable first round opponent. Even if the dude struggles statistically in the loffs.

have you guys seen that petterson bank pass to boeser? Man that kid is good.

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast