Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    loving nak's game.
    Me too. And I have no problem playing him on the 4th line nightly and allow him to earn his way higher.

This is why we need to play the best possible players, and stop caring about their ice time to a degree. We have untapped depth that is responsible 2 way ... we refuse to move to that type of system. Tampa does that. Why donít we?

Icing

G Couts TK
    Lindblom Patty Voracek
    JVR Voro Simmonds
    Weal Laughton/Lehtera NAK

Nightly, would be such an upgrade ...

While he played well this season, Iím not a Laughton guy. I think he makes a few mental errors per game.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    He is doing ok in a checking role, but the points he is putting up is pure luck ... and now Weise will never not play. So there is that. Which sucks
    They are -- but hopefully when JVR is back, Weise goes back to being a 13th forward. NAK has (honestly) been better than Lehtera & Weise so far. Very impressed with his effort and his on-ice awareness.

Laughton & Lehtera (for better or worse) seem to be locked-in to their respective "roles", which isn't a bad thing the way they are playing; that leaves one spot for NAK, Raff & Weise. Could be worse.

Weal is actually looking good as a play-driving 3C, so again, happy with that. Would rather have Vorobyev as 3C and Weal on the 4th line with Laughton and NAK, but that's what happens when you have a mediocre-at-best coach instead of a Jack Adams-worthy coach.

Sanheim should be getting the 3rd-4th most minutes (behind Provorov, Ghost and MAYBE Gudas (due to PK/PP time). No reason that he's logging 13 minutes while Folin is logging 19 and Hagg is logging 20. That's ridiculously stupid. Hagg has been good, but Sanheim is better in every facet of the game that actually matters.

Me too. And I have no problem playing him on the 4th line nightly and allow him to earn his way higher.

This is why we need to play the best possible players, and stop caring about their ice time to a degree. We have untapped depth that is responsible 2 way ... we refuse to move to that type of system. Tampa does that. Why donít we?
    Tampa Bay has an intelligent coach who understands how to maximize the talent on his roster. We have a baffoon who makes Forrest Gump look like Albert Einstein. Just a guess.

Icing

G Couts TK
    Lindblom Patty Voracek
    JVR Voro Simmonds
    Weal Laughton/Lehtera NAK

Nightly, would be such an upgrade ...

While he played well this season, Iím not a Laughton guy. I think he makes a few mental errors per game.
    What is your deal with Laughton? He drives play and suppresses shots against. I guess you hate Raffl too then? Because they bring very similar skill sets.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    What is your deal with Laughton? He drives play and suppresses shots against. I guess you hate Raffl too then? Because they bring very similar skill sets.
    ya i love laughton and raffl. Plus we need at least one of them to kill some pk for us. I would go with this

JVR-Voro/weal-Simmonds
    Raffl-Lehtera/laughton-laughton/nak

ideally this would be our best 4th line:
    raffl-laughton-weal/nak

It's baffling that Hak continues to play the Sanheim Gudas pair in a 3rd pair role.simply because they are playing well in that role. That's all fine and well, but what good is that if you are handicapping one of your top 2 pairs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    It seems that Hak was actually correct about something -- time to give credit where credit is due. Weise has actually played well these past few games.

Provorov with another strong, strong game. Loved his defensive zone coverage and his aggressiveness in all three zones.

Also: Nolan Patrick, welcome to the NHL buddy. Two very, very strong games.

And (because we can't just do everything right): WHY THE HELL IS FOLIN playing more than Sanheim?
    I honestly don't understand why sanheim is getting such little ice time and why the sanheim-gudas pair is deployed as a 3rd pair. Sanheim should be getting pk time, time that should cut into folin/amac. He needs to be seeing 18+ minutes a night. Reward them. Folin is constantly icing the puck and he continues to see time because he is considered "safe" probably

They are dimes a dozen. Replaceable. I donít not like them, they just as bottom 6 guys who are good.

They are dimes a dozen. Replaceable. I donít not like them, they just as bottom 6 guys who are good.
    You also need players like them. They are extremely effective in bottom 6 roles. Nobody has a team full of top 6 fwds.

You also need players like them. They are extremely effective in bottom 6 roles. Nobody has a team full of top 6 fwds.
    Extremely effective is a bit much for their production and advanced stats

They don't score enough to be top 6 players. Their metrics are more than fine. I'm just not really getting the disdain for these two guys. You make it seem like they are fringe talent like Weise and Lehtera when they aren't.

Extremely effective is a bit much for their production and advanced stats
    who would you rather have besides them? Its not like we have a ton of options who can play the pk and be effective. Its them or lehtera/weise/leier

who would you rather have besides them? Its not like we have a ton of options who can play the pk and be effective. Its them or lehtera/weise/leier
    Nothing now but it can be addressed in free agency

Nothing now but it can be addressed in free agency
    honestly the only guys i like in FA are kruger, raffl, armia, donskoi, tanev for a 4th line role. We don't even need to go to FA. We have nak, rubstov, twarynski, vorobyev. I just can't wait for lehtera, weise, and amac to be gone. I am really curious to see what our roster looks like next year. Raffl, lehtera, simmonds, weal, and both goalies are UFAs. Frost should make it, nak and rubstov can possibly make it, voro should make it as well...But we won't take 3-4 rookies

honestly the only guys i like in FA are kruger, raffl, armia, donskoi, tanev for a 4th line role. We don't even need to go to FA. We have nak, rubstov, twarynski, vorobyev. I just can't wait for lehtera, weise, and amac to be gone. I am really curious to see what our roster looks like next year. Raffl, lehtera, simmonds, weal, and both goalies are UFAs. Frost should make it, nak and rubstov can possibly make it, voro should make it as well...But we won't take 3-4 rookies
    There ya go. You just named a few ... we got some others coming. Allison and Ratcliffe too ... both big bodied guys that can shoot, play a 2 way game ...

Iím not committed fully to anyone on our 4th line currently

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast