Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

It appears they're going after talent that would negate some of Dave's dumb decision making.

Hopefully, they go after the right talent...Also, Goldschmidt was traded to St. Louis today. I'm glad he's out of the division but man, why did it have to be St. Louis??

If the rumors are true about Abreu, I wonder what plans Friedman will have for Bellinger. Fulltime Outfielder, or will he be trade bait? Hmm..
    Last edited by rasajr23; 12-05-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Hopefully, they go after the right talent...Also, Goldschmidt was traded to St. Louis today. I'm glad he's out of the division but man, why did it have to be St. Louis??

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by rasajr23 View Post
    If the rumors are true about Abreu, I wonder what plans Friedman will have for Bellinger. Fulltime Outfielder, or will he be trade bait? Hmm..
    Muncy is the one who is trade bait. Bellinger is solid in center. If they do sign Bryce Harper they will probably deal away Muncy and acquire Abreu (Not necessarily in the same trade) to give a righty/lefty tandem in the middle of the order.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Dear Lord, I really think Friedman is going to open up the wallet. I'll be willing to bet it's ownership wanting him to do it while Friedman wants Kike to be the new starting RF.

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodger...x8etQHyZbXQuak
    nah... at this point it is a typical Dodgers offseason... A lot of talk no action

Quote Originally Posted by big r View Post
    we should have traded for segura. Having him hit leadoff and play 2nd would have been great but it looks like another season of roberts switching the lineup every other game to no prevail.
    agree

If the Dodgers were to take the plunge, I'd go after Machado rather than Harper. We've got enough outfielders and left handed bats. Machado plays premium positions. Turner is 34 and will be 36 when his contract expires. There's the unknown factor with Seager. Machado bats right. I'd offer Machado $330,000 for 10 years. Why not. It's not my money. Move Turner to first and play Machado at third. Machado is insurance in case Seager isn't ready or has problems. Another option would be to play Seager at 2nd, Machado at Short and Turner stays at 3rd. I wouldn't trade Puig either. Puig will be 28 years old tomorrow. He's just entering his prime. I'd offer him around $160 mil for 7 years now before he hits free agency next year. That's less than half of what Harper's going to get and he's a right handed bat. Perhaps this new hitting coach can teach him to hit lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    If the Dodgers were to take the plunge, I'd go after Machado rather than Harper. We've got enough outfielders and left handed bats. Machado plays premium positions. Turner is 34 and will be 36 when his contract expires. There's the unknown factor with Seager. Machado bats right. I'd offer Machado $330,000 for 10 years. Why not. It's not my money. Move Turner to first and play Machado at third. Machado is insurance in case Seager isn't ready or has problems. Another option would be to play Seager at 2nd, Machado at Short and Turner stays at 3rd. I wouldn't trade Puig either. Puig will be 28 years old tomorrow. He's just entering his prime. I'd offer him around $160 mil for 7 years now before he hits free agency next year. That's less than half of what Harper's going to get and he's a right handed bat. Perhaps this new hitting coach can teach him to hit lefties.
    1 retraction from previous post. It is my money. Seems to cost me at least $500 every time I go to a Dodger game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    1 retraction from previous post. It is my money. Seems to cost me at least $500 every time I go to a Dodger game.
    LOL ya those $10 Dodger Dogs add up. I agree, if we are going to go crazy for one of those guys, I would rather have Machado. Right hander that plays infield. I know Roberts said that Seager will be at short, but second is an intriguing idea if we sign Machado.

This just in nothing is imminent

Heard Dave Vassegh say something interesting on Petros and Money today. He was saying there is pressure on Friedman to make more of an everyday lineup. The Dodgers are still a destination but if they keep turning all their players into platoon players not only will free agents not come but their own players won't want to stay. An article Dylan Hernandez wrote about Puig was the center of the topic but I think Bellinger is a better example. Here's a guy with nine figure contract and HOF potential and the Dodgers may have turned him into a one dimensional hitting utility player in one year.

He said the same thing about the pitching referencing Alex Wood who really wouldn't want to hit FA as a tweener when he's made the all-stars as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Heard Dave Vassegh say something interesting on Petros and Money today. He was saying there is pressure on Friedman to make more of an everyday lineup. The Dodgers are still a destination but if they keep turning all their players into platoon players not only will free agents not come but their own players won't want to stay. An article Dylan Hernandez wrote about Puig was the center of the topic but I think Bellinger is a better example. Here's a guy with nine figure contract and HOF potential and the Dodgers may have turned him into a one dimensional hitting utility player in one year.
    If true this is great news. Unfortunately, I doubt adapting is Friedman's strong suit... he is what he is.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast