Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Russell Martin has had good plate discipline, but that's about it. Otherwise Dan Bongino's look-alike doesn't belong on our team.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

While I totally called the Martin trade weeks ago, since the front office is obsessed with retreads, the good news is that eventually we'll get Puig back right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    I was kidding. Perhaps you're too young to remember the Dodgers trading Pedro Martinez many many moons ago for Delino Deshields Sr.
    I was being sarcastic. Since Friedman only trades for players if the other team throws us some cash.

I know that the owners have deep pockets, but they never take their hands out of their pockets
    Last edited by old blue; 01-14-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    I know that the owners have deep pockets, but they never take them out of their hands out of their pocket
    That's how deep their pockets are!

Stan Kasten. He didn't really spend money in ATL during the 90s either but sold the fans on winning the division every single year with young controllable assets. Thats all fine and well, to a certain extent, but the Braves only won 1 World Series within that period. We can only hope for that. Otherwise, we as fans are still sitting here with our dicks in our hands while the owners and "star" players are filling their pockets. All too familiar
    Last edited by DodgersFanKid55; 01-13-2019 at 03:58 AM.

lol i should of proof read

I don't think Harper is coming at this point and it might be for the best. I think most fans would understand passing if he does get that 10 year $300+ million contract. I definitely see the reasons fans are pessimistic right now but if the team can add a right handed bat for the middle of the lineup they could be a World Series team again. Seager will be back, Bellinger and Taylor should be better. It looks like they might have a few more guys playing everyday which should help. They honestly don't need a starter, another bullpen arm would be great and they could probably still find one. So my question is, what kind of right handed bat and relief pitchers might be on the market either through FA or trade?

If Machado is really getting a deal in the 7-8 year 220-270 million range, the dodgers should look to bring him back.
    That's reasonable for a player as good as him and as young as him.

^ I agree, hopefully the price tag on Machado brings the Dodgers back into the mix. I also wonder if he might not take a 1 year deal to return at $30 million and have another chance and playing for a World Series caliber team. It might be better business to not go to a team like the Sox for less years and money than you were hoping for. He could come back for 1 year and try to restore his value. I doubt it will happen, I think there were issues beyond money that turned the Dodgers off from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I don't think Harper is coming at this point and it might be for the best. I think most fans would understand passing if he does get that 10 year $300+ million contract. I definitely see the reasons fans are pessimistic right now but if the team can add a right handed bat for the middle of the lineup they could be a World Series team again. Seager will be back, Bellinger and Taylor should be better. It looks like they might have a few more guys playing everyday which should help. They honestly don't need a starter, another bullpen arm would be great and they could probably still find one. So my question is, what kind of right handed bat and relief pitchers might be on the market either through FA or trade?

Some guys I can think of:

RH Bat
    J Abreu
    N Castellanos
    A Pollock
    A Jones
    W Merrifield

RP
    C Allen
    A Ottavino
    B Brach
    K Giles
    H Strickland

Pollock and Ottavino would be nice.....

Have a question. Now that the Phillies are out on signing both Machado and Harper, is it safe to assume that Machado will sign with the White Sox, and Harper will re-sign with the Nationals? Reason I ask is because the rumors continue to bring up a secret team interested in Machado. Maybe I'm just hoping it's the Dodgers, because I want to see Seager, Turner, Machado, and Bellinger in the same lineup.
    Last edited by rasajr23; 01-15-2019 at 05:15 PM.

**** the Luxury Tax and **** Ownership or whoever for swearing to it like itís so important. We are the LA Dodgers and acting like a small market club. This is going to be pretty ridiculous if they donít make any significant moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also would rather have the Dodgers bring back Machado and find a place for him...put him at 3B, Seager at SS, Turner at 2B perhaps with Bellinger at 1B...or some mix and match of that through the season.

Never been sold on Harper, but I think Machado has seasons of monster stats ahead of him. I would think he would rather play on a team already contending for titles instead of wallowing on White Sox.

I just read a site on FB that LA attends to stay below the luxury tax up to 2022 and it sounds true to me.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast