Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Now that most of it is said and done I'm kinda OK with the Dodgers did. I have no idea what Harper was thinking. The rumor of a $45 mil per year offer seems solid. Say it was for 4 years and $180 mil. That means he essentially signed a 9 year $150 million contract after that. He's basically saying he doesn't think he'd be worth even $150 and $17 million per year by the time he's 31. Those are still staggering numbers but turning down $45 mil for 4 years is not exactly betting on yourself.
    There's been mixed reports on that. Some rumors say the offer that the dodgers made didn't have an average salary in the 40s.

Either way, California taxes apparently played a pretty big factor in his decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Screw Harper. He clearly is only about the money. Why else would he go to Philly. 13 years are you fng kidding me. He will be a washed up 39 year old. He doesn't want to win, didn't even care about being close to home, it was even reported he hated Gabe kapler, their coach. Nisthis was pure and simple cash grab. I hope he hates it in Philly and the fans boo him. I had hoped the MLB owners would have held form with these ridiculous 10 year contracts but they caved. Tell me when the last time a 10 year contract actually paid off for the teams. Philly and the Padres deserve to suck for the next 10-13 years without any hope in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    There's been mixed reports on that. Some rumors say the offer that the dodgers made didn't have an average salary in the 40s.

Either way, California taxes apparently played a pretty big factor in his decision.

If the Dodger offer was for 45 mil for 4 years 180 mil He would have to play 7+ seasons with his Philly deal to make the same 180 mil he would have made with the a Dodgers in 4 years. California taxes or not it still doesnít make sense to me.

2018/19 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by sidg View Post
    If the Dodger offer was for 45 mil for 4 years 180 mil He would have to play 7+ seasons with his Philly deal to make the same 180 mil he would have made with the a Dodgers in 4 years. California taxes or not it still doesnít make sense to me.
    Yea but over the course of 4 years in California, he would pay more in taxes than he would in 13 years in Pennsylvania. It's a significant difference. There's also the fact that you never know what can happen after 4 years. Who knows, what if he has a major injury in 3 years and nobody wants to give him a long term contract or any big money short term either? He'd basically have left 150mill on the table. I'd rather him sign with dodgers but I don't blame him for taking the Phillies deal. He's guaranteed all that money right now whereas with the dodgers he'd be guaranteed 180mill and it's a gamble that he will be healthy and still an elite player when he's 30.

Your baby can't do this

Iím disappointed that we didnít try harder for Harper. I really thought this was a great opportunity for the Dodgers to make a big splash that they wonít be able to make in the next few years and add a young in prime stud to pair with their already good young core. Ultimately they didnít and that sucks.

I think I was being selfish partially in wanting Harper because Iíve been having a hard time getting excited for this season and that would have got me so excited. Last season was so draining as a fan I feel like.

But lately as we get closer to the season Iíve been getting more and more excited and realize how good this team still is. Hoping for no injuries and continued progress towards the season beginning.

Some more thoughts:
    Julio Uržas has been one of the talks of camp so far as heís been looking great. He was up to 98 MPH today and he needs to be in the Dodgers rotation this year. Hopefully he wonít have too much of an innings restriction.

Alex Verdugo needs to be given a chance to play everyday. Iím not sure how or where and this comes back to the Dodgers good problem to have which might be too many quality options but this kid needs to play. Heís the opposite of an all or nothing guy that the Dodgers can use in their lineup everyday without having to worry about platoons. I really want to see what the kid can do with 400+ ABís.

And pray for Kershaw being healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Iím disappointed that we didnít try harder for Harper. I really thought this was a great opportunity for the Dodgers to make a big splash that they wonít be able to make in the next few years
    Don't worry, we'll get Trout! ....

Friedman will offer Trout 2/72 and say they made an honest effort.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Friedman will offer Trout 2/72 and say they made an honest effort.
    Don't be ridiculous.

It'll be 2/90 He'll offer him the highest salary ever.

Davey Roberts says that Kersh and Buehler might both be ready for Opening Day. I have my doubts though. Theyíre babying Buehler a lot and Kersh has thrown like one bullpen session all spring. If nothing else hopefully that would give Uržas a chance to start with the big league club.

Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    I'm sure he'll be back to choke in October.

A good way to speed up the game is for Taylor to just take the K when he has two strikes on him.

I'm sure he'll be back to choke in October.
    Oh, no doubt

A good way to speed up the game is for Taylor to just take the K when he has two strikes on him.
    Good thinking... Roberts could hold up 3 fingers and sit his *** back down. Not actually seeing him swing through that third strike 250 times per season might also be less psychologically damaging to the fans.

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast