Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Who says no for this Betts new contract? Just trying to think what we will do if Betts does not extend. Do we bring back Bogey, JD next year and JBJ the following year?

Age $ - in millions
    26 $20
    27 $30
    28 $30
    29 $30
    30 $30
    31 $30
    32 $30
    33 $30
    34 $30
    35 $30
    36 $30
    37 $30
    38 $30
    Total $380

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Sale is actually someone I would have been okay with not extending, and potentially considered trading (although I know that sounds ludicrous). His consistent inability to produce down the stretch limits his value for a team trying to win championships.
    Yeah, I would have liked to have seen a full season from him. Of the two, I would have put more money on Price being able to continue at a high level past 30 and he's proven that uncertain at best. Max effort deliveries are a bit scary.

TBH, I'm also leery because of the 2018 injury that was never (officially) made public.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan247 View Post
    Who says no for this Betts new contract? Just trying to think what we will do if Betts does not extend. Do we bring back Bogey, JD next year and JBJ the following year?
    No one would be upset with Betts signing a $30M/yr extension... except Betts. It's impossible to listen to the things that he says about free agency in general and his personal situation without thinking that he won't be seeking to dollar. He also won't be extending. He wants the FA market pay day. Another couple of pre-FA seasons like what he just logged and Trout's $36M/yr seems like a floor for him.

It's a good question, though. Is any one player worth 1/6th of your payroll? How do you field a 25-player team with that kind of money invested at one spot?

If you want to keep the core together, I think that you've got to let Porcello and JDM walk. You'd have to commit to low-cost roster additions for at least a couple of years while Price and Pedroia are being (over)paid.
    Last edited by RedSoxtober; Yesterday at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Yeah, I would have liked to have seen a full season from him. Of the two, I would have put more money on Price being able to continue at a high level past 30 and he's proven that uncertain at best. Max effort deliveries are a bit scary.

TBH, I'm also leery because of the 2018 injury that was never (officially) made public.

No one would be upset with Betts signing a $30M/yr extension... except Betts. It's impossible to listen to the things that he says about free agency in general and his personal situation without thinking that he won't be seeking to dollar. He also won't be extending. He wants the FA market pay day. Another couple of pre-FA seasons like what he just logged and Trout's $36M/yr seems like a floor for him.

It's a good question, though. Is any one player worth 1/6th of your payroll? How do you field a 25-player team with that kind of money invested at one spot?

If you want to keep the core together, I think that you've got to let Porcello and JDM walk. You'd have to commit to low-cost roster additions for at least a couple of years while Price and Pedroia are being (over)paid.
    Porcello is gone after this year, I agree as we have 4 starters locked up for the next 3 to 4 years. But I don't think we can afford to let JD leave. If we don't have his bat in the lineup, we are back to the lineup prior to 2018. We can only hope JD doesn't opt-out or is willing to restructure his contract. I'm just trying to figure out who we are prioritizing (JDM?, Betts?, Bogaerts?, JBJ?).

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I hope Sale would accept a contract like 5 years for 135 million.
    Hey I got Close here. I like it a lot
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Porcello will definitely walk and for sure let him. Price, Eovoldi, Sale, E-Rod is pretty easy to compete around.

If JDM opts out I let him Walk too, which can be doable if Devers and Chavis both pan out and we extend betts
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314