Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkabibble View Post
    This is all just pointless drivel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrrfan View Post
    Yes indeed .. so pointless that you felt compelled to comment about it 3 days after it was posted and nobody else did.

I laugh at that.
    Ishkabibble ain't wrong.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Ishkabibble ain't wrong.
    First Ishkababble and now you .. when you cannot refute the truth of the message ..then simply resort to attacking the messenger.

Like I said, ..I like Boston and am happy they won the World Series. Would have been a disappointment to me if they had not won it. But hey, ..go ahead and be yourself.

Is boston now the mecca of the sports world in the states with what they have done since 01?

This is the first line of the thread and why your diatribe is pointless drivel. No one's talking about the Yankees of the 20's, the Celtics of the 60's or the Canadians of the 70's. The point is "since 01" or the turn of the century, if you'd prefer. You allege he's cherry-picking but your point is has nothing to do with what anyone's talking about. If you wanna make a relevant point find another city (LA, New York, whoever..) that's had 11 championship parades (in all 4 major sports) over a 17 year stretch. Then we can compare them.

Like I said .. cherry picking is cherry picking. Not my fault that bothers you.

As to your question:
    I have absolutely no problem with Boston's success. If fact ..I felt since the off-season when they signed JD Martinez that the Red Sox would win a World Championship this year ..and I actually rooted for them. But I am not stupid enough to act like Boston's success since 2000 is any more remarkable than what some other cities have done in their own history.

Cherry picking is cherry picking whether you acknowledge it or not.

As for Championships All-Time:
    ..in baseball, New York still leads the world with 35 (Yankees 27 + NY Giants 5 + Mets 2 + Brooklyn Dodgers 1.)
    ..in basketball, the Lakers are within one of the /celtics.
    ..in football, the Steelers have six Superbowl victories. The Pats have five, as do the 49'ers & Cowboys.
    ..in hockey, Montreal has 23, Toronto has 13, Detroit has 11, ..the Bruins are tied with Chicago with only 6.

Since you asked me what my issue was .. how about you tell all what is your issue with someone like me who does not need your help to do my own thinking?
    For hockey, only championships after the expansion era should count. With 6 teams in the league for so long, it was much easier to win championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkabibble View Post
    Is boston now the mecca of the sports world in the states with what they have done since 01?

This is the first line of the thread and why your diatribe is pointless drivel. No one's talking about the Yankees of the 20's, the Celtics of the 60's or the Canadians of the 70's. The point is "since 01" or the turn of the century, if you'd prefer. You allege he's cherry-picking but your point is has nothing to do with what anyone's talking about. If you wanna make a relevant point find another city (LA, New York, whoever..) that's had 11 championship parades (in all 4 major sports) over a 17 year stretch. Then we can compare them.
    I see you dragged yourself into this discussion again after it was 'dead' for three days. Seems you just cannot leave well enough alone, ..can you?

Be that as it may .. as I have already pointed out twice this discussion ..I rooted for the Red Sox this year. Moreover, I have rooted for the New England Patriots in every Super Bowl they have played.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    For hockey, only championships after the expansion era should count. With 6 teams in the league for so long, it was much easier to win championships.
    That is certainly worthy of consideration ..but I still tend to look at the individual sports as a whole ..which means I tend to look at each sport from the beginning of their professional beginnings.

I do not care if some fans desire to 'cherry pick' .. the only reason I mentioned it in the first place was to provoke further discussion. Too bad there are some folks who decided their only contribution would be to attack the messenger. Shallow indeed.

That is certainly worthy of consideration ..but I still tend to look at the individual sports as a whole ..which means I tend to look at each sport from the beginning of their professional beginnings.

I do not care if some fans desire to 'cherry pick' .. the only reason I mentioned it in the first place was to provoke further discussion. Too bad there are some folks who decided their only contribution would be to attack the messenger. Shallow indeed.
    Got it.
    So you "tend to" look at the individual sports as a whole.
    Great; start a new thread.
    If the entire point of the thread (which you didn't start) deals with "since 2001" it's completely irrelevant how you "tend to" look at things.
    Again, start a new thread where you can list your all-time numbers and actually have them be germane to the conversation.
    And do you really think that repeatedly telling us you "rooted for the Red Sox" and/or the Patriots adds credibility to your posts? Who cares!

^^^^

^^^^
    Can I double arrow this?

I agree with him too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I'm OK with the back lash. I stand by my comments and take the heat when it comes. To the most recent two comments from two different members each with over 38,000 posts ..your opinions deserve my sincere consideration. I'll still stand by my comments ..but give credit to each of you for standing by your own comments.

On the other hand, ..to the SP with a mere 6 posts .. what did you say?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Is boston now the mecca of the sports world in the states with what they have done since 01? I mean I am sure others have more championships lifetime like the yankees but if you think about what Boston is doing in a day and age where there is so many teams/salary cap/rules etc etc it seems like a much harder time for 1 city to dominate esp with how analytics have helped the small market teams that couldn't hold their own back in the day but have come on strong the last 2 decades plus.
    I have taken the time to read the opening post (quoted) every time I visit this thread and still cannot find anything in it about limiting championships to just football, baseball, basketball, and hockey.

Hmmmmmm.................

Those only happen to be the four major sports that are most often referred to in this kinda situation.

Those only happen to be the four major sports that are most often referred to in this kinda situation.
    Is it not true that many old folks are stuck in the old ways?

Ironic thing about the future ..it often sneaks up unnoticed at first, but then suddenly arrives while many remain ignorant of it. Indeed, approaching old age tends to dull youthful perceptions.

Oh, brother. Get over it.

Is it not true that many old folks are stuck in the old ways?

Ironic thing about the future ..it often sneaks up unnoticed at first, but then suddenly arrives while many remain ignorant of it. Indeed, approaching old age tends to dull youthful perceptions.
    I bet you’re fun at parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast