Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Draft Talk

You guys are funny..Tua is gonna win the Heisman trophy or come in a second but you rather the Giants go with Herbert or Grier..lol

Some of us know the real reason why you won't choose a Tua or Murray if he decided to play Football instead.

Tua's playing for a National Championship College Football team, playing under an NFL type head coach Nik Saban who runs a top pro-like system, he breaks so many records and had so many great games that he didnt even have to play the whole 4th quarter sometimes, a Heisman Trophy candidate, and you pass him up?...I don't think..where they do that at?

With a shaky OL like the Giants have he's exactly what they need. He can play in and out of the pocket and he is play maker period. He's just as good as Mayfield, and may be right up there with Dak and Watson when all is said and done.

Giants took a shot and beat the odds and went with Barkley. They should do the same again and go with Tua period.

^Maybe because he isn't eligible to be in the 2019 draft..... That's why no one talked about him. He requires us tanking next season to pick him up

Also Grier is skipping his bowl game to prepare for draft. IMO that's a bad move, the QB race is close so why not play in a bowl game and show you are the man. It shoulf help his case
    Last edited by kyubi256; 12-08-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    ^Maybe because he isn't eligible to be in the 2019 draft..... That's why no one talked about him. He requires us tanking next season to pick him up

Also Grier is skipping his bowl game to prepare for draft. IMO that's a bad move, the QB race is close so why not play in a bowl game and show you are the man. It shoulf help his case
    He could also get hurt, at least that's the argument anyone else has when they skip a Bowl game or part of the season (as Bosa did, if I'm not mistaken). There's plenty of tape to make an opinion of him, plus there's the Senior Bowl and the Combine, and the whole pre-Draft process of vetting someone.

Teams will know what to make of him as a prospect, I'm sure, even without seeing him play in a Bowl game this year.

Makes sense but for me, just don't know if i want to put my future on someone who does this... Cause what does that say about his character if we are 4-12 next year

Makes sense but for me, just don't know if i want to put my future on someone who does this... Cause what does that say about his character if we are 4-12 next year
    This is not really about quitting, at all. This is protecting himself from suffering any injuries over a game that does little to help his career but could end up costing him big time if he were to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    This is not really about quitting, at all. This is protecting himself from suffering any injuries over a game that does little to help his career but could end up costing him big time if he were to get hurt.
    This, and to say it's a character issue is dumb

I'll start the speculation now. I believe the Giants will draft Haskins in the draft. I think the game against Michigan put him in play. I also think he will have a really good showing at the combine. Dude has a rocket arm and can move. Also good size at 6'3" 220lbs. Looks like the proto type QB. I also like the fact he played for Meyer, you know he was coached hard.

Haskins is actually my consolation pick. The guy that I would love to see in blue probably wont enter the draft. And no that guy is not Herbert. That guy is Kyler Murray. He looks like a faster, more athletic Russell Wilson. He is also a smart kid. Only knock is his height but look at the success smaller guys are having at QB...Wilson, Mayfield, the timeless Brees. Either way, I really like both these guys. I would love to see teams try to deal with Murray, Barkley and OBJ with Engram and Shep.....would be fun.

I wouldn't mind Haskins mainly because I don't see him being in the top 10.

Bold prediction: Giants will not draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.

It doesn't look like we're competing with the Raiders or Niners for a top 3 pick anymore. We're going to be later and I don't think they'll want to trade up or reach for a lesser QB prospect where we end up drafting. Maybe they find some value later in the draft or maybe they commit to Lauletta or maybe they just sign a FA QB under 30 yrs old, but I have a feeling that now they will not take a QB in the first.

Bold prediction. Giants pick outside top 10 by end of year

Nobody really cares about that stuff once the draft comes along. There was nothing Grier was gonna do to help his case.

This happens all the time in college football. I don't love it personally, but it really shouldn't impact whether or not we draft him. This is very common.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-10-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    You guys are funny..Tua is gonna win the Heisman trophy or come in a second but you rather the Giants go with Herbert or Grier..lol

Some of us know the real reason why you won't choose a Tua or Murray if he decided to play Football instead.

Tua's playing for a National Championship College Football team, playing under an NFL type head coach Nik Saban who runs a top pro-like system, he breaks so many records and had so many great games that he didnt even have to play the whole 4th quarter sometimes, a Heisman Trophy candidate, and you pass him up?...I don't think..where they do that at?

With a shaky OL like the Giants have he's exactly what they need. He can play in and out of the pocket and he is play maker period. He's just as good as Mayfield, and may be right up there with Dak and Watson when all is said and done.

Giants took a shot and beat the odds and went with Barkley. They should do the same again and go with Tua period.
    Tua is not entering the draft this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

^Well he isn't eligible to do so

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Bold prediction: Giants will not draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.

It doesn't look like we're competing with the Raiders or Niners for a top 3 pick anymore. We're going to be later and I don't think they'll want to trade up or reach for a lesser QB prospect where we end up drafting. Maybe they find some value later in the draft or maybe they commit to Lauletta or maybe they just sign a FA QB under 30 yrs old, but I have a feeling that now they will not take a QB in the first.
    I don't think either the Raiders or the 49ers are really searching for a QB. If anything, I'd see us competing with the likes of Jags, Bucs, maybe Denver and Miami too (though both are in the hunt for a playoff spot so are likely to be picking higher than us). Realistically, even if not picking top 5 we're still in a pretty good spot to take a chance on one of the top QB prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I don't think either the Raiders or the 49ers are really searching for a QB. If anything, I'd see us competing with the likes of Jags, Bucs, maybe Denver and Miami too (though both are in the hunt for a playoff spot so are likely to be picking higher than us). Realistically, even if not picking top 5 we're still in a pretty good spot to take a chance on one of the top QB prospects.
    Raiders are getting a new GM and Carr is an old regime cap killer. Could easily see him dealt or released.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast