Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2019 Draft Talk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I can see the Giants not moving and then taking Lock high.

Apparently the buzz is that teams are pretty impressed with his leadership and staying quiet, but he’ll go higher than expected, especially if Murray and Haskins come off early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Drew Lock is an interesting prospect to me. He ran well at the combine and has a cannon for an arm. There was a lot of hype around him prior to his senior season. I'm looking forward to see how he performs at his pro day today. He didn't have great talent around him at Missouri. We all know how Baker was considered the 4th best QB prospect last yr until after his pro day and then right before the draft there were rumblings he would go number 1. A lot of boards last yr had Darnold, Rosen, Allen, then Baker. Baker was the most successful in year 1.
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

Haskins looked pretty impressive in his pro day... Scripted or not he made some nice throws.

I think we should go Left tackle then right tackle #6 and #17. trade for Rosen. then go all in next year in the draft and free agency on defense. year three we have a stud line and running back an up and coming QB and a good developing defense...we can control the clock with a stout running attack and that gives our defense time to breath on the sidelines. at that point you start adding offensive toys and divas.
    Last edited by schuyler5237; 03-21-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Grier is my 2nd favorite prospect
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by schuyler5237 View Post
    I think we should go Left tackle then right tackle #6 and #17. trade for Rosen. then go all in next year in the draft and free agency on defense. year three we have a stud line and running back an up and coming QB and a good developing defense...we can control the clock with a stout running attack and that gives our defense time to breath on the sidelines. at that point you start adding offensive toys and divas.
    I like this plan and it seems very Gettleman-ish

Lance Zierlin on nfl.com just posted a mock draft with us going Metcalf at 6 and Lock at 17.

Interesting but I can’t imagine DG not using one of those picks on a guy for the trenches on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Lance Zierlin on nfl.com just posted a mock draft with us going Metcalf at 6 and Lock at 17.

Interesting but I can’t imagine DG not using one of those picks on a guy for the trenches on either side.

Lance Zierlin is an idiot. at 6? When you could get someone his size & stature in the 2nd rd? (see: Hakeem Butler)

If this DEFENSE is going to get back on its feet, it NEEDS pass rushers. They got Gholston on a one year lease & Carter going into his sophomore. Personally, I say **** IT & GO ALL-OUT on the RUSH. Heck, their SB runs featured a rotation of AT LEAST 3 Studs giving opposing QBs HELL:

6. Montez Sweat/Rashan Gary/Quinen Williams
    17. Brian Burns/Jaylon Ferguson/Christian Wilkins
    38. Jaylon Ferguson(if he slips that far)/Jeffery Simmons/Clelien Ferrell

It's RARE you get some of these guys where they're at. Remember Clowney going #1 overall?

If they go with Haskins at 6 but grab one of these SACKAS with their following two picks I'll be content. I might forget about edge defender if they re-sign Wynn already 😤
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah cuz there’s no way to grab a QB next year that can be the franchise guy. Only top 10 picks become franchise guys. That’s it if you aren’t top 10 your ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Lance Zierlin is an idiot. at 6? When you could get someone his size & stature in the 2nd rd? (see: Hakeem Butler)

If this DEFENSE is going to get back on its feet, it NEEDS pass rushers. They got Gholston on a one year lease & Carter going into his sophomore. Personally, I say **** IT & GO ALL-OUT on the RUSH. Heck, their SB runs featured a rotation of AT LEAST 3 Studs giving opposing QBs HELL:

6. Montez Sweat/Rashan Gary/Quinen Williams
    17. Brian Burns/Jaylon Ferguson/Christian Wilkins
    38. Jaylon Ferguson(if he slips that far)/Jeffery Simmons/Clelien Ferrell

It's RARE you get some of these guys where they're at. Remember Clowney going #1 overall?

If they go with Haskins at 6 but grab one of these SACKAS with their following two picks I'll be content. I might forget about edge defender if they re-sign Wynn already 😤
    I would have no problem with us going all-defense in the first round. We desperately need playmakers and pass rush help. Ideally you want Allen/Bosa/Q-Will to fall to us but they’ll likely be gone before our first pick. However, if we end up with something like:

6. Devin White

17. Wilkins/Burns/Ferrell

Then I’ll be extremely happy. I would also be open to trading down from pick #17 if that gets us a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    I would have no problem with us going all-defense in the first round. We desperately need playmakers and pass rush help. Ideally you want Allen/Bosa/Q-Will to fall to us but they’ll likely be gone before our first pick. However, if we end up with something like:

6. Devin White

17. Wilkins/Burns/Ferrell

Then I’ll be extremely happy. I would also be open to trading down from pick #17 if that gets us a 2nd rounder.
    Confused, trading down to just get a 2nd rounder , that doesn't make sense I assume you mean getting a lower 1st PLUS a 2nd rounder .

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Confused, trading down to just get a 2nd rounder , that doesn't make sense I assume you mean getting a lower 1st PLUS a 2nd rounder .
    Like going from 17 to 25 and getting our trade partner’s second round pick in return.

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Drew Lock is an interesting prospect to me. He ran well at the combine and has a cannon for an arm. There was a lot of hype around him prior to his senior season. I'm looking forward to see how he performs at his pro day today. He didn't have great talent around him at Missouri. We all know how Baker was considered the 4th best QB prospect last yr until after his pro day and then right before the draft there were rumblings he would go number 1. A lot of boards last yr had Darnold, Rosen, Allen, then Baker. Baker was the most successful in year 1.
    I love how the guy with “decision making” and inaccurate traits gets the benefit of the doubt
    the New York Football Giants select.....

Im in on will Grier and defense. I’d go 6,17 defense trade up to pick 27 and add Grier
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920