Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: 2019 Draft Talk

Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Eli better sit if we go for Rosen. Throwing away 2 years of a rookie deal is not an option.
    Nope
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Gil Brandt has Jones and Lock (and Murray) ranked higher than Haskins in his prospect ranking. Very interesting and Jones is getting a lot more buzz lately.

Wonder if we could sit on QB until 17 and still get Jones or Lock.

Itís so random how these rankings suddenly change.

What exactly had happened in the past 1-2 weeks to change the perception of these players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Itís so random how these rankings suddenly change.

What exactly had happened in the past 1-2 weeks to change the perception of these players?

Haskins hype was 100% media driven.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    If they arenít sure about any of these guys then just go all out on defense and OL in this draft.

Itís early but Iím pretty sure thatís the dumbest thing Iíll read all day
    the New York Football Giants select.....

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Itís early but Iím pretty sure thatís the dumbest thing Iíll read all day
    I didn't say he wasn't skilled and I know you have a hard on for him but him being the #1 QB in the draft earlier in the off season, was 100% media driven. If that hurts because you're in love with the man, oh well.

Iím not impressed with jones at all. Locks got talent.im still big on Haskins and Grier
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

FiveThirtyEight did a nice piece a while back on how to find the right metric to predict NFL success for QBs in the draft.

Based on their model Murray was by far the most likely to succeed and Grier was next. Haskins raw metric of success (completion percentage over expected / CPOE) was identical to Murray but his probability of success was dragged down by his lower yards per attempt in college.

Itís interesting stuff though Iíd argue Haskins played some pretty tough defenses and coaching and scheme have a lot to do with how deep a QB throws the ball on most plays.

Bottom line to me is that Haskins has produced well in his limited college sample and has all the physical as well as mental tools to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Iím not impressed with jones at all. Locks got talent.im still big on Haskins and Grier
    Jones seems pretty solid.

I think Haskins is the risk/reward pick. Lock might not have Haskins upside but itís probably the safe pick that could payoff. Jones seems smart and I like his pocket presence.

I know that I am in the minority here and I have previously preached that we should go defense with our first 3 picks but I am getting very enamored with TJ Hockenson . He just might be the best player in the draft.I am also very enamored with Devin White .

I didn't say he wasn't skilled and I know you have a hard on for him but him being the #1 QB in the draft earlier in the off season, was 100% media driven. If that hurts because you're in love with the man, oh well.
    What was media driven? He IS THE NUMBER ONE QB, all the video and stats show it. Only reason Kyler isnít going to the Aís is because he fits the scheme and wet dream of that bum coach in Arizona.
    Dwayne was the most accurate, played the tougher schedule, beat the better defenses. And he is a perfect fit for this Shurmur offense..
    what are you talking media driven?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    What was media driven? He IS THE NUMBER ONE QB, all the video and stats show it. Only reason Kyler isnít going to the Aís is because he fits the scheme and wet dream of that bum coach in Arizona.
    Dwayne was the most accurate, played the tougher schedule, beat the better defenses. And he is a perfect fit for this Shurmur offense..
    what are you talking media driven?
    Him being the #1 QB was media driven. Most analysts don't have him as #1. They have him as #2-3. Could he end up being the best QB in this draft? Sure. But, I have my reservations. He only had one season being good, I felt he should have stayed another year. Analysts feel the same way. Do analysts get things wrong? Sure. My opinion is he is not the #1 QB in this draft, and all that hype about him being #1 was media driven. That's my opinion, you got butt hurt about it. Pure comedy.

If the giants draft him, I will hope for the best and root for him. If they don't draft him, I won't lose any sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I know that I am in the minority here and I have previously preached that we should go defense with our first 3 picks but I am getting very enamored with TJ Hockenson . He just might be the best player in the draft.I am also very enamored with Devin White .
    Somebody just mocked a 3 team trade where Engram goes to NE, Arizona gets NEís 32nd pick and we get Rosen.

Obviously a long shot at best but if we get Rosen or donít go for QB until next year Iíd like to get Hockenson.

Like last year with Barkley, Dwayne Haskins has been spotted in NYG gear the with before the draft

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122