Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Was that when we acquired Gose?
    He flipped Gose for Travis. The dude was great at identifying talent. Love a gm who comes from a scouting background.

The way you win the AL East is by spending money. They inherited a team that was maxed out cap wise. They even went to Rogers and got their blessing to spend a little more money but itís not like they could just go out and throw 6 figure deals at guys. They still had to be savvy all while dealing with their MVPís arbitration.

They havenít gone out and spent because they needed all the old farts on this team to go away. They also couldnít sell off right when they took over because the fan base would eat them alive more so than they already have. They did the only thing they could do. They played by the owners rules, managed to get another post season appearance all while building up the farm through drafting and international free agents. Once Martin and Tulo are gone if they continue to penny pinch then yes, Iíll be upset. Until then we need to realize that they came into a situation that was basically doomed from the start because of Rogers unwillingness to spend and the fact that they had no prospects to play with.
    A couple of points here:

-We pretty much know that Tampa is a legit team in the division without a huge payroll.

-How good is the Jays farm without Bichette and Vlad or just Vlad? Even with Acuna graduating the Braves still have a top 3 farm. I'm not so sure the Jays have a top 10 farm without Vlad. I guess at the end of 2019 we'll see how well this regime is developing the farm as they would be well into year 4 to supposedly stockpile the talent. If the Jays are outside the top 15 there might be some issues considering the regime is preaching the draft rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It still doesn't negate the fact that flipping Napoli for FF wasn't a good deal
    The deal is in hindsight. That's pretty much like folks saying the Jays not trading Donaldson at the start of 2017 a mistake. Going out and signing Morales before seeing the EE market develop was a mistake. These things are easy to look at in hindsight.

Was that when we acquired Gose?
    I think it was Wojo, Musgrove and a bunch of depth prospects for Happ, Lyon and another reliver I can't remember.

If I remember correctly, we traded Michael Taylor who we got in the Halladay trade to the A's for Brett Wallace, and then traded Wallace to the Astros for Gose?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617