Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Other than Shapiro maybe? Or he might be taking credit for keeping them....
    My point is that nobody on here is making those claims. Heís literally trying to start an argument with nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Other than Shapiro maybe? Or he might be taking credit for keeping them....
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Link?
    Have you ever listened to his interviews? It's pretty much every interview I've heard from him.

Honestly the biggest issue is just him not respecting that Canadians know baseball. He thinks he can trick the fan Base time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    My point is that nobody on here is making those claims. Heís literally trying to start an argument with nobody.
    Haven't you heard. Anyone who doesn't want to tar and feather this FO is a fan boy. No grey area round these parts

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Have you ever listened to his interviews? It's pretty much every interview I've heard from him.

Honestly the biggest issue is just him not respecting that Canadians know baseball. He thinks he can trick the fan Base time after time.
    That he takes credit for prospects already drafted? He's a pompous son of a ***** but that doesnt mean he thinks all Canadians are dumb.

Either way, I'm just ready to see how some of the younger kids play this year

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

Youíve been listening to Mike too much. If he was trying to trick us he wouldnít be trading Martin and letting a guy like Tulo go for nothing well paying him 20M.

I hear guys talking about rebuilding but yet complaining about pick ups like Shoemaker and Diaz. A rebuild is gonna have dumpster diving players some work out and get traded some flame out and then there gone.

The argument of tearing it down last season could be had and I was all for trading JD but they didnít it was a mistake and looks worse now because of ****** luck but no other player was gonna bring back anything worth getting all worked up about. Prospects need time to develop whether a team has an opening for them or not so you donít just speed up a rebuild by trading vets.

I have a hard time seeing any real complaints about there trades or draft picks. FA they havenít done much but if youíve follow this franchise for decades like I have you can never expect much during FA, especially a team on decline.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Youíve been listening to Mike too much. If he was trying to trick us he wouldnít be trading Martin and letting a guy like Tulo go for nothing well paying him 20M.

I hear guys talking about rebuilding but yet complaining about pick ups like Shoemaker and Diaz. A rebuild is gonna have dumpster diving players some work out and get traded some flame out and then there gone.

The argument of tearing it down last season could be had and I was all for trading JD but they didnít it was a mistake and looks worse now because of ****** luck but no other player was gonna bring back anything worth getting all worked up about. Prospects need time to develop whether a team has an opening for them or not so you donít just speed up a rebuild by trading vets.

I have a hard time seeing any real complaints about there trades or draft picks. FA they havenít done much but if youíve follow this franchise for decades like I have you can never expect much during FA, especially a team on decline.
    Sigh... absolutely not. infact i think Mike is listening to me too much haha!

I have definitely had these opinions even before mike came over to the board - including predictions that have been true.
    My opinions are my own.

They are continuing to try and trick the fanbase by acting like the prospects coming through the pipeline are their acusisitions. Not saying it blantantly, but he started by saying AA cleared the cupboard and is continuing by saying things like "we brought in Vlad" and such. All of the top prospects we have in the Majors were left from AA and i would argue Biggio and Brichette were AA acquisitions because they were drafted by his staff while Shapiro was only a few months into the gig.

I have had no issue with the acquisition of guys like Shoemaker and Diaz. Bautista and EE were similar types of reclamation projects as Diaz. I actually would have held onto Diaz personally - i think he could develop into a power hitting 3b.

My biggest issues with Shaprio was him tricking the fanbase into thinking we could contend last year. To this day i am shocked some of my respected peers on this forum fell for it. There was never a chance on paper. it would have had to have been luck (which does occasionally happen in baseball) where we get blown out in the losses but win all of the close 1 or 2 run games somehow.

If shapiro actually thought we could contend and it wasnt a trick... then that is even worse. to me that is a complete lack of understanding what it takes to win in this division and it depletes my trust/optimism in him even more.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142