Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Pelfrey gets a lot of flack for his communication skills, but it seems like we all agree we're tired of the shitkins experiment. We have the optimists in Barton and Reed who are fine just supporting the team and hoping for the best.

And we have Kenny who can't stand the idea of us disagreeing with managements moves.

If I'm wrong please someone correct me. I'm seeing people fade to moving on from these guys more and more. They are not endearing themselves to the fan Base in moves or words.
    There's nothing wrong with having a debate about them. I have my issues but listening to some of the arguments against them just makes me cringe. No GM is ever gonna be popular with the fan base during a rebuild until it pans out, AA went through the same thing. Of course once it works then everyone forgets.

Things like not trading JD in the off season, not spending on short term Impact FA or mismanaging some assets I can get behind a debate there but things like them tricking us or trying to claim Vladdy as there pick or missing the boat on trading Osuna **** like that just seem's like non sense to me.

Sigh... absolutely not. infact i think Mike is listening to me too much haha!

I have definitely had these opinions even before mike came over to the board - including predictions that have been true.
    My opinions are my own.

They are continuing to try and trick the fanbase by acting like the prospects coming through the pipeline are their acusisitions. Not saying it blantantly, but he started by saying AA cleared the cupboard and is continuing by saying things like "we brought in Vlad" and such. All of the top prospects we have in the Majors were left from AA and i would argue Biggio and Brichette were AA acquisitions because they were drafted by his staff while Shapiro was only a few months into the gig.

I have had no issue with the acquisition of guys like Shoemaker and Diaz. Bautista and EE were similar types of reclamation projects as Diaz. I actually would have held onto Diaz personally - i think he could develop into a power hitting 3b.

My biggest issues with Shaprio was him tricking the fanbase into thinking we could contend last year. To this day i am shocked some of my respected peers on this forum fell for it. There was never a chance on paper. it would have had to have been luck (which does occasionally happen in baseball) where we get blown out in the losses but win all of the close 1 or 2 run games somehow.

If shapiro actually thought we could contend and it wasnt a trick... then that is even worse. to me that is a complete lack of understanding what it takes to win in this division and it depletes my trust/optimism in him even more.
    I didn't think we were gonna compete maybe at best a WC but lets not act like a ton didn't go wrong that had nothing to do with are front office. But even then I still don't see what they would of done if the came out and said listen fans we suck were not even gonna try this year. They would of moved JD which is my biggest issue but other then that what would they of done other then move guys for more C+/C specs. Happ? maybe would of gotten us a little better return but he was also one of the top arms at the deadline. Other then him no one else would of brought back anything significant unless were talking about guys who were looked at as part of the future like Osuna-Stroman-Sanchez the last two can still be moved and as for Osuna I think they did pretty damn good considering his issues.

Pelfrey gets a lot of flack for his communication skills, but it seems like we all agree we're tired of the shitkins experiment. We have the optimists in Barton and Reed who are fine just supporting the team and hoping for the best.

And we have Kenny who can't stand the idea of us disagreeing with managements moves.

If I'm wrong please someone correct me. I'm seeing people fade to moving on from these guys more and more. They are not endearing themselves to the fan Base in moves or words.

I've critized these guys on things that I haven't agreed with and have said numerous times that if this team isn't a contender by '21 then they should go. I was of the same mind when the fat Greek was here. Changing management every two years isn't the way to success. Let's see how creative they can get when it comes to surrounding talent with talent.

And I'm fine on my perch far away from the ledge
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; Yesterday at 09:33 PM.

I would feel more optimistic if he was actually loading up on legit prospects. AA took 1 draft and 1 trade to take us to a top farm.
    If we promote all of AA's prospects... we still have a bottom Farm 3 years later.
    You realize on BA our top ten prospects only have three AA draftees, right?

Just the idea of building a contender in the AL East through the draft is flawed and will never work without at least 5 years of top 3 picks.
    Youíre wrong here. Tampa does it consistently without top 3 picks. Baseballs draft is not about tanking and getting the highest picks.

And youíre definitely wrong about not giving credit to them for drafting the 2016 class. It doesnít matter who the scouting staff was. The are still employees of the team and ultimately Atkins had the final say in all picks. This statement specifically shows that you are digging deep for any reason to discredit the front office.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243