Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Its not like we paid a high price for Travis. He was a 13th round pick. He had a good season in AA and then we traded Anthony Gose for him. He isn't the same player/hitter he was before he wrecked his knee and his shoulder. Unless he hits .320 with like 50 doubles he isn't going to be an elite offensive player. Unless he is an elite offensive player he won't be above average overall because he isn't above average defensively. I'd like to see someone who can get on base and run as our everyday 2B. Ideally be able to steal bases, but at least be able to run the bases well.

In a few years if they all make it they could have something like:

Young- RF
    Bichette- SS
    Vladdy- 1B
    Biggio- LF/DH
    Smith- 3B
    Noda- LF/DH
    Jansen- C
    Taylor- 2B

They would be very athletic with lots of speed and power. They would also be cheap so they could spend a tonne on reliable quality pitching and upgrades to the lineup where they present themselves. Maybe give Mike Trout and Mookie Bette each 250M for 5 years in 2021 to be our CF and RF...

Or they could give Harper 400M (front loaded) for 10 years this off season and then give Mookie and Trout each 300M for 6 years in 2021 and have the best OF this game has ever seen to go with the likes of Vladdy, Bichette, Smith and Jansen in the infield.

The possibilities are endless....

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Its not like we paid a high price for Travis. He was a 13th round pick. He had a good season in AA and then we traded Anthony Gose for him. He isn't the same player/hitter he was before he wrecked his knee and his shoulder. Unless he hits .320 with like 50 doubles he isn't going to be an elite offensive player. Unless he is an elite offensive player he won't be above average overall because he isn't above average defensively. I'd like to see someone who can get on base and run as our everyday 2B. Ideally be able to steal bases, but at least be able to run the bases well.

In a few years if they all make it they could have something like:

Young- RF
    Bichette- SS
    Vladdy- 1B
    Biggio- LF/DH
    Smith- 3B
    Noda- LF/DH
    Jansen- C
    Taylor- 2B

They would be very athletic with lots of speed and power. They would also be cheap so they could spend a tonne on reliable quality pitching and upgrades to the lineup where they present themselves. Maybe give Mike Trout and Mookie Bette each 250M for 5 years in 2021 to be our CF and RF...

Or they could give Harper 400M (front loaded) for 10 years this off season and then give Mookie and Trout each 300M for 6 years in 2021 and have the best OF this game has ever seen to go with the likes of Vladdy, Bichette, Smith and Jansen in the infield.

The possibilities are endless....
    Lol.

I wasn't nessissarily saying Travis will be our future at 2b. Just that I wouldn't give him away for nothing right now. He isn't blocking anyone before the trade deadline so I would see if he can have a good year with the bat and get us a prospect back.

David Phelps this years Oh. We are stock piling multi inning relievers. Looks like we may do the opener.

It could be openers....or it could just be insurance since all of our starters are either injury prone the last few years, old or a rookie. We do not have a single pitcher that you can pencil in for ~200 innings. Not one! The bullpen is probably going to have to throw 4 innings a game. Maybe even more with this staff. We are talking possibly like 650. No regular 7 man bullpen can do that. That would be 7 guys with over 90 IP.

I think we could essentially see piggybacking like they did when Sanchez and Syndergaard were in the low levels. Have starters who can throw 4-5 innings coming out of the bullpen. (Essentially the lineup twice) That way they can get through most games using 2 or 3 pitchers a game instead of a starter and 4 one inning relievers.

You get 12 pitchers for most of the season with a normal 25 man roster...and they are already trying to hide Luciano. I can see them going with something like:

Stroman
    Sanchez
    Borucki
    SRF
    Thornton
    ------------
    Richard
    Shoemaker
    Pannone
    Gaviglio
    Luciano
    Tepera
    Giles

Creativity is going to be needed for this **** show. Plan 2 games out of 5 where 3 pitchers throw 3ip. Days of 200ip so is over. I wanna say like 14 of them last year. I forget exAct number. But it was staggering. I proposed using starters for 5 in back in day when randy Johnson, Maddux and another half of famer were all free agents toward end of career. I said put all 3 in SD and have them give you 5ip of 1 or 2 run ball.

Russell Martin to the dodgers

https://twitter.com/ArashMadani/stat...01894986772480

according to Rosenthal Jays eating alot of salary
    Last edited by hanton; 01-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

so that settles the catching position. Jansen #1 or maybe they sign Ernie Whitt to an incentive laden contract

The Lost Boys of PSD

Two specs for Martin. Not bad, Brito has a great glove a SS not sure if he will ever make the Majors though.

They signed david phelps too on a 1 year deal.

How much longer is Shapiro's contract?

I'm stoked, we got out of the 2 enormous anchors we took on in 2015.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I'm stoked, we got out of the 2 enormous anchors we took on in 2015.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Got out? players were basically let go for nothing

Tulo thatís nothing to be proud of but how can anyone not like getting rid of Martin for a couple specs and 4M? Seems better then I thought would happen.

Iím glad that guys like Jansen and LGJ know there slotted into a starters role. Both deserve it and now itís time to move Smoak.

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast