Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1650
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    This is how we view it as fans, but we have no idea what the front office knows or doesn't know.
    What could they possibly know? It's not like anyone would give us their word they were coming here.

They didn't even know until Jan that KP was absolutely forcing his way out.

This hope that management has some grand plan when they couldn't even get KP to commit to NY, come on now...

There is no plan, management is winging it, and that always leads to Knicks throwing money at whoever will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    What could they possibly know? It's not like anyone would give us their word they were coming here.

They didn't even know until Jan that KP was absolutely forcing his way out.

This hope that management has some grand plan when they couldn't even get KP to commit to NY, come on now...

There is no plan, management is winging it, and that always leads to Knicks throwing money at whoever will take it.
    They're constantly in contact with agents and Dolan, Mills, Perry, Fiz keep talking about what they're hearing from players' representation. That's apart of the job.

Former players, like Jalen Rose, talk about how these things aren't communicated starting on July 1 and that teams are in contact with players through back channels throughout the season.

I don't know what they do or don't know, but we've seen examples of this in the past (Paul George/Lakers, Melo/CP3/Knicks, LeBron James/Lakers). It does happen. Just because KP doesn't want to communicate with the team, it doesn't mean that they aren't in communication throughout the league.

One of your arguments with KP and Dallas is that Dallas caught wind of KP wanting to go there. Why can't the same apply here?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they screw something up.
    Last edited by smood999; Yesterday at 06:46 PM.

so back to the lottery, honestly can't believe it's less than 4 weeks away.

Goes quick now with the NFL draft quickly approaching then the NBA combines and tryouts and private team workouts...........

I had a feeling the Knicks were getting #1 Ewings year but don't have those same feelings just hope. Someone has to win and why not us, who have the greatest odds of any team tied with two others.

With a player like Zion the anticipation his even higher than when Ewing was coming out of Georgetown.

They're constantly in contact with agents and Dolan, Mills, Perry, Fiz keep talking about what they're hearing from players' representation. That's apart of the job.

Former players, like Jalen Rose, talk about how these things aren't communicated starting on July 1 and that teams are in contact with players through back channels throughout the season.

I don't know what they do or don't know, but we've seen examples of this in the past (Paul George/Lakers, Melo/CP3/Knicks, LeBron James/Lakers). It does happen. Just because KP doesn't want to communicate with the team, it doesn't mean that they aren't in communication throughout the league.

One of your arguments with KP and Dallas is that Dallas caught wind of KP wanting to go there. Why can't the same apply here?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they screw something up.
    Yeah but you think Kawhi or Durant are itching so hard to leave their top tier organizations, that they are telling their agents to tell the Knicks to free up money, because they can't wait to come play for the Knicks so they can get on the court with Knox and Ntilakina?

Does this sound realistic?

This is crazier than the people who think we're getting Zion, Durant, Kyrie, and keeping DeAndre at a low cost.

I guess it's nice to be optimistic, but this is a team that their last 2 big signings were Tim Hardaway and Noah.

last big signing was locking up Mitch for 4 years to max out at 1.9m, not sure it gets any better than that,

I'm guessing fans are missing the importance of room for Two max players, who else can say they can sign KD and another Max player? And still have assets to trade for AD?

it's not about coming to play with Frank and Knox, mainly because Frank won't be a Knick but they would be coming to join another, and attract veterans to join in. That has never happened before?

And to be honest if I'm a stud player I have no problem coming to play with Mitch who is a beast on defense and will dominate the rim on offense, he makes any pass look good for lobs and his game will expand to think that it won't is just crazy.

I also think if Knicks free up Frank's salary adding that to the 3mil we have left over that will be reserved for Jordan which equates to MLE type money he would get from other teams.

So yea you lose Frank to a pick and add him to two max players which one he was in the wedding party and yea it becomes attractive especially to make a team who hasn't been relevant in decades relevant again.

2019 NBA Draft Prospects

No one is debating if Steve Mills says so lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; Yesterday at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yeah but you think Kawhi or Durant are itching so hard to leave their top tier organizations, that they are telling their agents to tell the Knicks to free up money, because they can't wait to come play for the Knicks so they can get on the court with Knox and Ntilakina?

Does this sound realistic?

This is crazier than the people who think we're getting Zion, Durant, Kyrie, and keeping DeAndre at a low cost.

I guess it's nice to be optimistic, but this is a team that their last 2 big signings were Tim Hardaway and Noah.
    According to almost everyone who is typically in the know and the same people that reported on those situations, yes to Durant. Heís chasing legacy...wants to be known as more than just the guy who joined a 73 win team, wants his own team, etc.

Everything you just mentioned about who heíd be playing with is exactly the reason why itís more realistic now that he doesnít have to come alone.

Thereís been nothing out there about Kawhi. This seems to literally be about one person which makes it more believable. People arenít saying all of these free agents want to come to NY. Itís literally just Durant with speculation about whether he can get Kyrie, Kemba, or Butler to join him. Also, recent reports make it seem like itís dependent on someone else coming along and that he wonít just come alone.

Golden State reporters have been writing about this since before the season started. What motive do they have to place him in NY?
    Last edited by smood999; Yesterday at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No is debating if Steve Mills says so lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís something that will be proven one way or the other this summer, so why not wait? Why just assume?

I donít get where this skepticism of Mills comes from. Outside of signing Hardaway, he hasnít done anything to warrant that.

According to almost everyone who is typically in the know and the same people that reported on those situations, yes to Durant. Heís chasing legacy...wants to be known as more than just the guy who joined a 73 win team, wants his own team, etc.

Everything you just mentioned about who heíd be playing with is exactly the reason why itís more realistic now that he doesnít have to come alone.

Thereís been nothing out there about Kawhi. This seems to literally be about one person which makes it more believable. People arenít saying all of these free agents want to come to NY. Itís literally just Durant with speculation about whether he can get Kyrie, Kemba, or Butler to join him. Also, recent reports make it seem like itís dependent on someone else coming along and that he wonít just come alone.

Golden State reporters have been writing about this since before the season started. What motive do they have to place him in NY?
    Yeah I've heard All that, but I can't wrap my head around Durant leaving GS and joining the Knicks.

I know there's rumors, but I just can't imagine anyone with a brain who cares about "legacy" deciding to leave GS to join NY, it makes no sense.

We're not some team on the up and up, with a strong roster, proven management, and a good future, were literally crossing fingers hopeing durant chooses us and we get a high draft pick.

That's literally all we have. Our roster is poop, front office, average at best, coach is whatever.

But Durant wants to come here? Really? This dude been watching NBA games and decides, "damn, I can't wait to play with Mitch Robinson, I wasn't sure about the Knicks before, but he seals the deal for me, you think Luke Kornet will like me?"

Come on now.....

To me this just looks like another free agent in the long list of free agents who have used the Knicks to ensure teams offer them the most amount of money possible.

Knicks fans eat it up Everytime.

I don't think kyrie or Durant could handle NY media anyway, they can't even handle small media town's.

Itís something that will be proven one way or the other this summer, so why not wait? Why just assume?

I donít get where this skepticism of Mills comes from. Outside of signing Hardaway, he hasnít done anything to warrant that.
    Well he not only signed hardaway, but was part of pissing off KP, in which he eventually couldn't manage to even keep KP in NY, And than proceeded to use KP to dump the terrible contract he handed out.

100% that should of got him fired.

Yeah I've heard All that, but I can't wrap my head around Durant leaving GS and joining the Knicks.

I know there's rumors, but I just can't imagine anyone with a brain who cares about "legacy" deciding to leave GS to join NY, it makes no sense.

We're not some team on the up and up, with a strong roster, proven management, and a good future, were literally crossing fingers hopeing durant chooses us and we get a high draft pick.

That's literally all we have. Our roster is poop, front office, average at best, coach is whatever.

But Durant wants to come here? Really? This dude been watching NBA games and decides, "damn, I can't wait to play with Mitch Robinson, I wasn't sure about the Knicks before, but he seals the deal for me, you think Luke Kornet will like me?"

Come on now.....

To me this just looks like another free agent in the long list of free agents who have used the Knicks to ensure teams offer them the most amount of money possible.

Knicks fans eat it up Everytime.

I don't think kyrie or Durant could handle NY media anyway, they can't even handle small media town's.
    Players like Durant donít need to use the Knicks for leverage. They get the max no matter what. He doesnít negotiate his contracts unless he wants to take less. It is what it is already.

As for the rest, weíll see. I donít think itís crazy since people still view Durant as a guy that just latched on to a championship team. Thatís a tough pill to swallow for a player that great. In that case it would make sense to create something of your own rather than just joining another good team.

Iím not predicting it will happen. Iím just saying thereís way too much out there to discredit it. If it were just Berman and Isola reporting this stuff then Iíd agree with you. It actually started with the GS media, then guys like Lowe, Bill Simmons, Woj, Windhorst, Begley, Shams, Beck, Stein, etc. Those are the guys that typically know what theyíre talking about. They donít get used by teams and most of them typically take whatever chance they get to bash the Knicks.
    Last edited by smood999; Today at 06:42 AM.

Well he not only signed hardaway, but was part of pissing off KP, in which he eventually couldn't manage to even keep KP in NY, And than proceeded to use KP to dump the terrible contract he handed out.

Again, weíll see how this plays out. Idk what his role was with pissing off KP. I do know that Phil Jackson was the biggest reason though considering that KP and his camp wanted him gone. There were clearly some trust issues involving Mills. It could simply be by association (Mills basically being one of Jacksonís foot soldiers) or maybe he did do something directly . Who knows...

This is how stupid a risk like this trade could be:

Durant: Damn, when this is over I want to play in New York

Knicks: Trade everyone and make room!

Durant: I love New York and I got a place on long island.

Knicks: We are confident we are getting someone with our cap space.

Durant joins the Nets.

Knicks: It's okay. This is part of the plan and process. We traded away KP because he wanted to use his contract as leverage to influence our decisions. What kind of franchise player would do that? We feel confident that our #4 pick will have a big impact on the team and we feel like acquiring Hayward from Celtics without giving up one of our core young players shows how serious and forward thinking we are about building a contender. We may get Horford now that Boston is close to completing deal for AD. Every Knicks fan should be excited about this team!

What was the alternative to trading him?

Sign him to an extension and hope he comes back to an improved version of the 100% player we saw? Then pretty much suck again, because we have no room to do anything? Then hope we can sign someone next FA, where there is nowhere near the amount of options? The way it worked out, there is at least the potential for multiple positive outcomes.

Whatever the reasons, the damage was done. Didnít seem either side thought it was fixable. Might as well move fast, and move on. Otherwise, this board would have been full of people talking about how we should have moved him when we had the chance
    Last edited by ShadyOne; Today at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    This is how stupid a risk like this trade could be:

Durant: Damn, when this is over I want to play in New York

Knicks: Trade everyone and make room!

Durant: I love New York and I got a place on long island.

Knicks: We are confident we are getting someone with our cap space.

Durant joins the Nets.

Knicks: It's okay. This is part of the plan and process. We traded away KP because he wanted to use his contract as leverage to influence our decisions. What kind of franchise player would do that? We feel confident that our #4 pick will have a big impact on the team and we feel like acquiring Hayward from Celtics without giving up one of our core young players shows how serious and forward thinking we are about building a contender. We may get Horford now that Boston is close to completing deal for AD. Every Knicks fan should be excited about this team!
    I suppose, but that's where the second max spot comes into play. Players don't care as much for the role players on the team as they do who the best player is next to them.