Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1685
    Brown and a pick that is maybe 20 in a bad draft?

Or a guaranteed room for 2 max players, a drafted player that was #9 and shows potential, and two picks that no matter what will be firsts (possible lottery) and could be really great trade chips to keep improving the team with any additions?

The Celtic's trade is not even a rumor so I'm not sue why this is even being compared to what we got, but i'll go with the assumption and still don't feel that Brown either puts this team over the bad category or helps attract anyone to want to come to the Knicks.

I'm not a believer in anyone saying this trade will only be good if, or it's bad if.........

your the GM you have a player who's been hurt, has a major injury, has an alleged rape case against him, has a brother who is a total punk, and that player verbalizes that he will not remain a Knick no matter what, gives them 4 teams he'd like to go to and tell me what a good package is under the above circumstances?

Remember trying to trade KP he can easily say ok you have me for one year unless its those 4 teams, so how in this world the ability to have two FA's come, get DSj and two picks even remotely considered to be bad or not a good trade? No matter how KP turns out that actually has nothing to do with anything his career was not in NY so it's what he is worth today not what he will be, could be etc.

Funny how we got nothing in the Melo trade yet his worth thanks to Phil was next to nothing, funny how everyone said Indy got killed in the trade of PG13 to OKC and how did that turn out for Indy?

And memo to everyone who keeps saying cap is all about 2019? No it is not, it's not even about 2020 and 2021.........cap can be used for trades as well.........cap is very, very valuable.

And I liked KP, and was looking forward to him as a Knick for a long time, but that rape thing I'm sorry it doesn't sit well with me and his entire attitude, no good......I do not wish him luck.

On the flip side, I did not Like Timmy here with his contract, but he said and did all the right things after being traded, wish him well and quick recovery, and lee hope he actually lands back here and Dallas lets him go, and Trey, hey maybe we sign him for Vet min off the bench lol........

Regardless looks like Knicks won this one for once. Especially if we get two of the max players we want.

Nobody signs in Dallas anymore unless they over pay someone and that still won't be enough to get past the GS, Portland, OKC, Utah, SA, and up and coming Denver.

The other Caviat is that's all still depending on the big IF KP is healthy all year long go include the playoffs a d I don't see it for him. He didnt play a full season hear because he was always getting nagging injuries. Now he gonna be dealing with coming off a major injury in NBA games where he'll be getting pushed around, tripped, and shoved awkwardly ..not happening.

Having KP and his brother Janis was like having Lonzo Ball and his dad Lavar..no thank you no one player is bigger than the team unless your Lebron in his hay day.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no we but also had max cap space to add another player.

Now we have two slots to fill. it could work, Durant & Kyrie look like maybe there is a lot of smoke there. maybe there is some fire. but it could also end up that the best asset we got back for our best draft pick in 30 years was the #15 pick...
    KP Zion and a Max not named KD would not make us contenders. KP is good, but he will never be a top 10 player. Honestly, Kyrie, KD, and Zion would make us contenders only because we are in the East and we take away KD from the Warriors and take away Kyrie from the Celts.

Basically we would be fighting the Celts minus Kyrie, Toronto (window is closing in my eyes), Philly (a 90s team that is not really made for today's game), and the Bucks. I will take our top 3 player and borderline top 10 player over those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Rican you have blinders on for sure, the search was 8 teams but after they tried Sac and Suns and NO and got rejected by all three............

You make so many major assumptions its literally crazy, you know for a fact a max guy would join KP? I beg to differ we heard nothing till after we traded him and in the other direction. If Kyrie wanted to play with KP so badly why not go to Dallas now? That is not happening..........he was dead set of not leaving Boston till the eve of the KP trade, then booooooom.........yet you won't acknowledge this small fact.

You guys act like the Knicks FO really don't talk to GM's and agents........you know that is not true, it's impossible...........they knew things about KP.

Why are we keeping a player or trying to that don't want to be here? Why we even thinking about a player accused of rape? What is wrong with some of you? No morals?

You actually think he has worth around the league? not any more, and in fact this goes to trial, and found guilty he may be suspended by the league for a full season or longer.

Why this is being ignored is crazy.........him and his brother are bad apples.

And now trading him to our division rival for Brown and a first is better than what we got? First of all when did Boston announce that trade lol..........And Brown may not have the career even DSJ could have that is still open for debate. Brown dropped big time this year. I mean now we are gushing over a 13/4/1.5 guy that Rican gets on poor ft shooters but lets take a 65% one back?

I'm sorry what was DSJ's stats compared to Browns? Again it's not written in stone that Brown will have a better career than DSJ, that trade was just crazy...
    And then what be happy with the 14th pick or Boston may not have given that up and said take the 20th or 22nd?

Glad Perry's the GM lol............

How can anyone state that KP not wanting to be here has nothing to do with the trade? That is just wrong.
    We will find out soon enough... if we don't get KD and Kryie we sold out and got played... then as a fan I'm out. I can't root for such a stupid organization. I have to believe we only make that trade knowing those two will come. Its now or never.

I'm so upset about this draft. The lottery rules change to screw us right when we're the worst team. I have no hope for #1 and Zion unless they fix it for us. Rumors always were the Ewing draft was fixed so maybe/hopefully it's fixed again since Ewing will represent us. LOL

SAC & SUNS were in the 8 teams, because they could provide salary relief we wanted.

I think you're the one making wild assumptions, by saying we would not sign anyone if we still had KP. And saying we knew things about KP?

and now KP doesn't have worth around the league? but then you're worried about trading him to a division rival? why?

you're all over the place making wild assumptions and trying to trash KP as if he was worthless. now his rape case is all of a sudden going to trail and he's going to be suspended for a season or even longer? come on now... there's nothing about that rape allegation that says anything but SETTLEMENT is coming. The reality is he was the best draft pick we've made since Ewing in 30 years.

listen we get it you want to defend the trade and the FO...

Jaylen Brown at least could have given us a legit starting SG long term. it's one thing to score 14ppg on 48% TS on a horrible team like DSJR did. its another to score 14ppg on 55% TS on a good team. Brown here could easily score 18-20ppg while playing solid defense.
    So Jaylen Brown would easily be a 20pt scorer and solid defender as early as next year? Cool
    The value trade doesn't work for KP. I don't see how you think replacing KP with Jaylen Brown somehow would make us better.
    Last edited by Shawn2timer; 04-16-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    So Jaylen Brown would easilybe a 20pt scorer and solid defender as early as next year.
    The value trade doesn't work for KP. I don't see how you think replacing KP with Jaylen Brown somehow would make us better.
    18-20ppg sure. he averaged 13ppg in just 26mpg. Obviously he would get more shots and touches here.

Jaylen over KP doesn't make us better, but Jaylen over DSJR sure does.

18-20ppg sure. he averaged 13ppg in just 26mpg. Obviously he would get more shots and touches here.

Jaylen over KP doesn't make us better, but Jaylen over DSJR sure does.
    Maybe - that would basically get him to all star level ihe's playing solid defense, not sure how you're so confident projecting that out.
    Pointless comparison DSJR came with the absorption of some 30mln in cap. 66% of which was by far one of the worst contracts in the NBA, still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Maybe - that would basically get him to all star level ihe's playing solid defense, not sure how you're so confident projecting that out.
    Pointless comparison DSJR came with the absorption of some 30mln in cap. 66% of which was by far one of the worst contracts in the NBA, still is.
    I don't think 18-20ppg with solid D is enough to be an all star these days. stats are inflated, but Brown is definitely a very good starter with all star potential.

Yes lets see if we use the cap, if not getting someone like Brown would have been big for us.

I don't think 18-20ppg with solid D is enough to be an all star these days. stats are inflated, but Brown is definitely a very good starter with all star potential.

Yes lets see if we use the cap, if not getting someone like Brown would have been big for us.
    I have to agree again, I am shocked he took a step back this season, he would be a great buy low candidate. He definitely has all star potential. I would easily trade Knox, DSJ, and Frank for him if we could... doubt they would.

That team is too crowded and they made a huge mistake giving Gordon that contract. They just have too many wings. JB and the celts first for KP is very tempting but I will roll the dice on the cap space.

JB will be an all star for sure, he has it all. Kinda reminds me of Paul George

JB seems like he wants to be out, he's frustrated in that system and he wants to start, he will force his way out is my belief.

The Celtics may loose Kyrie to us yo begin with a d Rozier may be gone unless they match the Suns offer who need a PG badly.

In come the Knicks DSJ, Frank, and Kornet, 2nd rd pick for JB.

Or Knox and or Trier..Ainge likes picks so we gotta give him one

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    I have to agree again, I am shocked he took a step back this season, he would be a great buy low candidate. He definitely has all star potential. I would easily trade Knox, DSJ, and Frank for him if we could... doubt they would.

That team is too crowded and they made a huge mistake giving Gordon that contract. They just have too many wings. JB and the celts first for KP is very tempting but I will roll the dice on the cap space.

JB will be an all star for sure, he has it all. Kinda reminds me of Paul George
    if we miss out on FA's. Gordon wouldn't be a bad "bad contract" to take on if BOS included some picks too. Gordon can still play and isn't that old. could help us start winning while adding assets.