Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

I hate Jabari

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    I hate Jabari
    No reason for him to be on the court right now. Lauri canít come back soon enough.

Not surprised at all by Jabari's play. Hated the signing and the fit was awful here. Not sure why they thought paying him $20M was ever a good idea.

I'm pretty encouraged by WCJ though. He's playing well, is a pretty versatile player, and moves better than I remember at Duke.

I think it was just a low risk move they made cuz they had the money to spend. Iím not at all bothered by a 1 year deal for 20 million when we arenít a contender and we arenít over the cap

The public is finally taking notice of Wendell. He was kinda overlooked because of his situation with Bagley last year. The 4 games he started without Bags last year, they went 4-0 and he was basically putting up numbers similar to his last 4. Heís an elite prospect

I honestly think down the road, Wendy will be better than Drummy, DJ, and Gobert at C. Maybe not the rebounder of those 3, but close. Maybe not the rim protector as Gobert, but close. But he will be the best offensive of the 4. And that wonít be close!

Jabari could be a useful player on some teams, just not this one. Could probably look good playing Pf next to a defensive center like Drummond or Jordan. Blake Griffin's defense is pretty sucky too, but he had/has those guys behind him. Not a good fit here because our biggest need is a defensive SF, but he could still be a tradeable asset.

Look forward to him playing a lot less minutes when Lauri, Portis and Valentine come back. Still has plenty of time to pull it together, Lavine didn't look this good last year recovering from his injury in this system either. Half the people in here were saying it was stupid to re-sign him too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    That's why trading Jimmy away imo was a mistake and Jimmy loved Chicago and he still does. I saw him clubbing a lot in the city this past summer.

He still has property here

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Trading Jimmy was necessary IMO, and in retrospect we've set ourselves up pretty nicely. We need someone to develop into a star or sign/trade for one. Once that happens and we bring in a competent coach we will be looking really good and by the time it happens for us Jimmy will be on the downside of his star years.

Yeah Jimmy might have made us an early exit playoff team, but he would have wore down, and we would have nothing to show for him and his ego when he would have eventually left anyways. Kind of like what's happening to the Wolves.

I could almost guarantee that for the remainder of Jimmy's prime, he won't be on a championship team. So yeah we could have been somewhat fun to watch for what 3-5 more years, but we wouldn't have Lavine, Lauri, Wendell to show for it. In 4-5 years, Lavine, Lauri, Wendell will be at the early stages of their prime, and a lot of the stars today will be winding down their careers.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516