Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Itís wrong because who cares when the cost is a 4th or a 5th.

****s this stupid *** trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't mind gambling a 4th on Gordon. Gordon's already paid off, by helping that Patriots team win a game. He was the deep threat they needed. Talentwise, Gordon's sky high. And he's making peanuts. It's like his last chance. If he screws that up, he's gone. Most teams do not like to give away first round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Pacmanís babysitter didnít even work with Pacman.

Gordon would not have worked in Dallas. He would have gotten himself suspended before he even got off the plane. Seriously though, too weak of a HC to control him and too many strip clubs in Dallas for him to have been successful.

New England easily could have gotten a 1st for Jimmy G. Rumor had it Cleveland was ready to give their 1st for him. Bill wanted to stick it to Kraft though and took a lesser pick for forcing him to trade Jimmy.

Truth about this trade is it is a huge gamble and an over payment. Considering Philly offered a 2nd I canít say it was a HUGE over payment but it was an over payment. They will pick up the 5th year on Coopers contract which means Dak will also be here for his final year, which we all already knew.

Everything Iíve heard is this was a Stephen move all the way (not Jerryís) and we know that he listens to Will McClay. If youíve liked his draft picks you kind of have to like this move. Well you have to like the player, not necessarily the price. Cooper is only 6 months older than Calvin Ridley and has 2 pro bowls under his belt. At 24 he still has legit #1 WR capability. Word is there is no War in the next draft that comes close to that. Even if there was it would take that guy a full year or two to reach that level. I would expect them to be looking for a TE with that #2 pick next off season. With Cooper, Gallup, and Beasley thatís a much better WR than what they have this year.

Best case scenario Cooper regains his #1 WR pro bowl form which helps Dak and opens things up for Zeke. Theyíre able to actually score points and theyíre avoid waisting what looks like an elite defense.

Worst case scenario, Cooper is an absolute bust, which means a waisted 1st and Dak also bombs. That means this team is starting over in 2 years. That would also mean franchising and trading Zeke to help the rebuild.
    I didn't realize Cooper was so young. You make really good points here especially comparing him to Ridley. Makes me think the trade might be more balanced than my original conception

It's nice Cooper is young, but that doesn't make his contract longer.

Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    It's nice Cooper is young, but that doesn't make his contract longer.
    No it sure doesnít. Like I said though, they do still have his 5th year option. If he balls out then theyíll extend him or at least be able to franchise him to make him ball out again (like they did with Lawrence). So they still have a couple of years before they have to make a long term decision on him.

i still dont like the first for him but like getting him so its a wash. that said Dane Bugler said you werent getting a wr in the draft, let alone the first round with the talent of Cooper next year. when Dane speaks you listen about the draft unless youre a tool

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    i still dont like the first for him but like getting him so its a wash. that said Dane Bugler said you werent getting a wr in the draft, let alone the first round with the talent of Cooper next year. when Dane speaks you listen about the draft unless youre a tool
    Thatís what Iíve been hearing too. Itís a deep WR but no obvious #1ís. I still say TE/S/OL will be the main targets with the 2, and 3 pick next off season.

Not only is this draft light on WR, but so is FA next year. There is no good wr that will be available for us to pickup. So this is the best move for us. Also u have to realize that Philly and Washington were both after Amari, so keeping him away from them is a benefit all of its own. I heard that Dallas may redo his contract this off season so that it can elevate some of the weight from his $14 million contract next year. That way we can use that possibly $60 million in cap room we have to sure up other players and positions of need.
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    Not only is this draft light on WR, but so is FA next year. There is no good wr that will be available for us to pickup. So this is the best move for us. Also u have to realize that Philly and Washington were both after Amari, so keeping him away from them is a benefit all of its own. I heard that Dallas may redo his contract this off season so that it can elevate some of the weight from his $14 million contract next year. That way we can use that possibly $60 million in cap room we have to sure up other players and positions of need.
    I believe that is only possible if they sign him long term instead of picking up the 5th year option on his contract. In my opinion that would be a mistake. They will have the cap space to absorb his $14 mil cap hit. Theyíre better off picking up the option and seeing if he can get back to his pro bowl form. They would be in a world of trouble if they signed him long term and he never regains that form.

i hate the cowboys, but i feel for the fan-base. i'm not here to gloat, just to offer my condolences. we've been on the skinny end of quite a few awful trades over the past few years, so i know how this feels. all i can say is for y'all's sake, maybe cooper's laziness and indifference were because he really hated playing in o.co coliseum. this might actually work out for you guys... fingers crossed!
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

I believe that is only possible if they sign him long term instead of picking up the 5th year option on his contract. In my opinion that would be a mistake. They will have the cap space to absorb his $14 mil cap hit. Theyíre better off picking up the option and seeing if he can get back to his pro bowl form. They would be in a world of trouble if they signed him long term and he never regains that form.
    I hear ya but letís be real here. Amari will be here long term. The Jones are toooooo prideful to admit that they messed up and they will compound their screw up with giving him a new contract regardless of how he plays. You all know that already. The only good thing that can come from signing him to a long term contract in the off season is that his value is low right now and they maybe able to get him for a reasonable price.
    [/CENTER]

I was watching most of the NFL shows on ESPN and NFL tv and most of the analysts thought the Cowboys overpaid by giving up a first rounder. Considering that former all pro defensive tackle Damon Harrison only fetched a 5th rounder. Garrett tried to make some justification of they wouldn't be able to get someone like that in the draft, but that's just rationalizing overpaying for someone. More disciplined teams don't just give away their first rounders for a receiver that's not one of the elites.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I was watching most of the NFL shows on ESPN and NFL tv and most of the analysts thought the Cowboys overpaid by giving up a first rounder. Considering that former all pro defensive tackle Damon Harrison only fetched a 5th rounder. Garrett tried to make some justification of they wouldn't be able to get someone like that in the draft, but that's just rationalizing overpaying for someone. More disciplined teams don't just give away their first rounders for a receiver that's not one of the elites.
    Run stuffing 1-tech DTís have the lowest value of any position in football these days, even really good ones. Iím actually surprised they even got a 5th for him. You also have to factor in age. Snacks is a month away from turning 30 years old. To try and compare a 30 year old 1-tech to a 24 year old 2 time pro bowl receiver is asinine.

Yeah those types of DTs have no value to most teams for some reason (I still think we should try and get one, but oh well). Hankins is still a free agent even though he's a really good player. So it's about right that Harrison would go for a 5th.

Run stuffing 1-tech DTís have the lowest value of any position in football these days, even really good ones. Iím actually surprised they even got a 5th for him. You also have to factor in age. Snacks is a month away from turning 30 years old. To try and compare a 30 year old 1-tech to a 24 year old 2 time pro bowl receiver is asinine.
    Just check out most of the talk shows and articles being written about the trade. The Cowboys overpaid for Amari. You say probowl receiver as if he is that now...he hasn't made the probowl in 2 years. Look at his last two seasons. He's not having a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Just check out most of the talk shows and articles being written about the trade. The Cowboys overpaid for Amari. You say probowl receiver as if he is that now...he hasn't made the probowl in 2 years. Look at his last two seasons. He's not having a good year.

who gaf? everyone here has said that, most on youtube has said that. fact remains you werent getting a wr as good as coop in the draft unless you want to argue with dane bugler and the "talking heads" on that too.

you know what they say about a person who cant let things go, especially after they are over and done with

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast