Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,019 of 1019
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Regarding the C position, I hope the Jets are still considering Stefen Wisniewski or John Sullivan. Even if they like Harrison, it's good to have OL depth.

I just want to add one thing, outside of McCoy and Bradbury no center was going to start this year.

And to be honest only Quinnen and Jachai are going to play significant time this year barring an injury. I do expect Edoga to get some time in case of an injury.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Listened to the Ian Rappaport podacast with Mikey Mac.

Basically he said:
    • No one gave them ample compensation to move out of the number 3 pick
    • They really liked Quinnen
    • Wanted to move up in the 2nd but price was big
    • Rumor had it was with Philly that included a 3rd and Lee
    • Liked Polite, did extensive research, had someone on staff that was with him at UF
    • Hamstring injury and a belief that being at a heavier weight would allow him to move up on the draft boards, boy did he get bad info
    • Jets will work on him to get him in shape for the season to play at 235-240 lbs
    • Edoga will start at tackle but could move inside at guard

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I don't think Edoga has the strength to be a guard. I think he is a tackle we will have to develop but he def has the upside. Might be my favorite pick honestly.

Iím pretty much fine with our first 3 picks, all seem to have the experience and body type you look for, I just hope they all have strong heads, I just get this weird feeling with Polite. He shouldnít really play lighter than 240 outside at the NFL..

Itís the picks after that kind of tick me off.. I just donít like Maccagnans lack of aggressiveness in the later rounds.. There was very good value at the top of the 4th round and he traded back to essentially walk away with a 5th round LB that I personally am not impressed with at all.. We could of snagged a very good CB prospect in Julian Love with our original 4th who I believe will have a much better and longer career than either of our 4th or 5th rounders.. The focus should have been on positions of need in those areas, and both of those picks were at our deepest positions..

Overall I donít think it was a bad draft but I just think it was good instead of great..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    Iím pretty much fine with our first 3 picks, all seem to have the experience and body type you look for, I just hope they all have strong heads, I just get this weird feeling with Polite. He shouldnít really play lighter than 240 outside at the NFL..

Itís the picks after that kind of tick me off.. I just donít like Maccagnans lack of aggressiveness in the later rounds.. There was very good value at the top of the 4th round and he traded back to essentially walk away with a 5th round LB that I personally am not impressed with at all.. We could of snagged a very good CB prospect in Julian Love with our original 4th who I believe will have a much better and longer career than either of our 4th or 5th rounders.. The focus should have been on positions of need in those areas, and both of those picks were at our deepest positions..

Overall I donít think it was a bad draft but I just think it was good instead of great..
    I think there are many who would argue that he was too aggressive in his picks. I personally think those are the rounds to take your chances. After your first 3-4 picks, whatever they are, start rolling the dice.
    I think that Wesco was a great pick but a safe one. Cashman was also a pick on the safer side but I think the last Austin low risk-high reward
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-04-2019 at 08:40 AM.

**** off. Where's my title

All the draft picks seem to have potential, The disappointment comes in from the unfulfilled needs. Like Uncle Buck stated Julian Love (and others) was (were) available when we picked and instead we went into another direction and we didn't draft a center (though we might be able to convert Harrison).

I've vocally stated my opinion a couple of times, but I'm going to remain positive and see what happens.

Still, if we look at our objectives and results, the last 3 picks were strange. We had 6 picks entering the draft and our top needs / objectives should have been an Edge Rusher and Center and then we probably could have drafted 2 CBs, an OL and a WR or another edge rusher.

Our results:
    1) Needed a Center - didn't get one, but got a prospective one as a UFA and will try to develop one of the other linemen into one
    2) Needed an Edge Rusher or 2 - got one, but might be suspect due to injury and attitude. However got the best player in the draft that is an interior lineman that should make the Edge rusher less of a need, we hope, and we might convert an existing player into an Edge rusher, but we declined his option, so we're not to high on the possibility.
    3) Needed a CB or two - got one that is injured and won't play, so if we're lucky we will still be able to sign the one we had last year that we were trying to replace.
    4) Needed a WR - did not draft one - took a WR that is a punt returner UFA after the Draft was over
    5) Needed additional OL help - got one with a lot of potential in 3rd round
    6) Finally, instead of filling the above needs, we got a TE and a LB. The tight end can block. The LB can play on special teams.

Again, I'll remain positive and it might turn out to be an excellent draft, but we also might have missed a golden opportunity, by not drafting players like Julian Love, Michael Jordan and others.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    All the draft picks seem to have potential, The disappointment comes in from the unfulfilled needs. Like Uncle Buck stated Julian Love (and others) was (were) available when we picked and instead we went into another direction and we didn't draft a center (though we might be able to convert Harrison).

I've vocally stated my opinion a couple of times, but I'm going to remain positive and see what happens.

Still, if we look at our objectives and results, the last 3 picks were strange. We had 6 picks entering the draft and our top needs / objectives should have been an Edge Rusher and Center and then we probably could have drafted 2 CBs, an OL and a WR or another edge rusher.

Our results:
    1) Needed a Center - didn't get one, but got a prospective one as a UFA and will try to develop one of the other linemen into one
    2) Needed an Edge Rusher or 2 - got one, but might be suspect due to injury and attitude. However got the best player in the draft that is an interior lineman that should make the Edge rusher less of a need, we hope, and we might convert an existing player into an Edge rusher, but we declined his option, so we're not to high on the possibility.
    3) Needed a CB or two - got one that is injured and won't play, so if we're lucky we will still be able to sign the one we had last year that we were trying to replace.
    4) Needed a WR - did not draft one - took a WR that is a punt returner UFA after the Draft was over
    5) Needed additional OL help - got one with a lot of potential in 3rd round
    6) Finally, instead of filling the above needs, we got a TE and a LB. The tight end can block. The LB can play on special teams.

Again, I'll remain positive and it might turn out to be an excellent draft, but we also might have missed a golden opportunity, by not drafting players like Julian Love, Michael Jordan and others.
    They needed another TE. Got one
    They needed a center. Didnít get one
    Needed a tackle/Guard Hybrid. Got one
    Needed an edge. Got one

They didnít need a DL, but Winning with Quinnen upgrades the entire unit.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    We also have no idea how they graded out guys like Jordan and Love. Maybe they thought they wouldn't fit or maybe they thought they weren't that good.
    I would love to see scouting reports on guys. But that isn't happening.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    We also have no idea how they graded out guys like Jordan and Love. Maybe they thought they wouldn't fit or maybe they thought they weren't that good.
    I would love to see scouting reports on guys. But that isn't happening.
    Yep, that's the debate. Not that the first 3 picks weren't good or that we didn't get the top player in the draft and upgrade our team, just personal preferences on the later picks. Every draft seems to have its surprises that we debate.

Also, I, for one, am not too knowledgeable about special team depth, so might have foregone a need at CB, because we really have had a pressing need for the LB on special teams, since field position wins games.

As for the tight end, if he can develop, he can be a force in the offense. He looked great on the TD catch, but it was his only TD catch in 4 years. We all want him to be the next Gronkowski, the same way we want Darnold to be the next Brady. What a changing of the guard that would be!!!

Jets tried to get Rock Ya-Sin and Hardman in the 2nd as per Manish.

Jets wanted McGovern and the Cowboys got wind and plucked him.

They Jets caught wind that a team wanted Edoga and were trying to move up to get him with the Vikes. Hence why the Jets traded the 7th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They Jets caught wind that a team wanted Edoga and were trying to move up to get him with the Vikes. Hence why the Jets traded the 7th round pick.
    If this and the cowboys story is true then the Jets have a mole.

Cowboys move up to get player Jets wanted and a team that wanted to trade with vikes (1 pick before Jets), there is a leak somewhere.

Regardless, draft is over and other then drafting an oft injured CB and a TE (didnt really need, but maybe he's versatile enough to make it worthwhile), the draft played out fine.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768