Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Iíll take Jonah Williams at 3.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Iíll take Jonah Williams at 3.
    They need probably two OL in this draft.

FYI, if Trenton Cannon gets stuffed on 4th down, the Jets would have the #1 overall pick right now

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    FYI, if Trenton Cannon gets stuffed on 4th down, the Jets would have the #1 overall pick right now
    I would have been more concerned about that if this was a year in which the Jets planned on drafting a QB and there was one who was thought to be worth taking at #1. The Jets are still very likely to draft in the top 5 and get a very productive player.

The only reason I would have cared about the Jets drafting #1 this year would be to trade that pick for a boatload of draft capital. However, it is still unclear if there is anyone regarded as worth trading up for at this point.

The Jets got what they needed more yesterday, to see progress from Darnold. It was also good to see some of their other young players (Anderson, Cannon & McGuire) factor into the win. This team needs to figure out over the next few weeks who might have an actual future with team.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I would have been more concerned about that if this was a year in which the Jets planned on drafting a QB and there was one who was thought to be worth taking at #1. The Jets are still very likely to draft in the top 5 and get a very productive player.

The only reason I would have cared about the Jets drafting #1 this year would be to trade that pick for a boatload of draft capital. However, it is still unclear if there is anyone regarded as worth trading up for at this point.

The Jets got what they needed more yesterday, to see progress from Darnold. It was also good to see some of their other young players (Anderson, Cannon & McGuire) factor into the win. This team needs to figure out over the next few weeks who might have an actual future with team.
    If you play the young players and they win, you have to be pleased.
    If you play them and they lose, you have to be pleased.

McGuire looked good.

**** off. Where's my title

Brian Costello@BrianCoz

ESPNís Todd McShay has the Jets taking Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell in his first mock draft. #nyj

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I want to check out the Boca Raton Bowl. This kid Sutton Smith, from NIU looks interesting.
    As does the Justice powers, the OT for UAB who has to deal with him

Just did my first mock and came away with the following.

4: R1P4
    OT JONAH WILLIAMS
    ALABAMA
    68: R3P4
    OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
    FLORIDA
    95: R3P31
    EDGE OSHANE XIMINES
    ODU
    106: R4P4
    WR KELVIN HARMON
    NC STATE
    143: R5P4
    C ELGTON JENKINS
    MISSISSIPPI ST.
    220: R7P4
    DL ANTHONY NELSON
    IOWA

No way Taylor and Harmon are still available in the 3rd and 4th, but I would be happy with this draft for the Jets.

After the UAB game, I will be curious to see how Xavier Ubosi tests out at the combine and his pro day. He destroyed the NI d. He's big, strong and torched the DBs. I don't know if he's really fast or they were just not so fast in their defensive backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Brian Costello@BrianCoz

ESPNís Todd McShay has the Jets taking Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell in his first mock draft. #nyj
    He's the guy I've been eyeing all year, though I'd likely pick Jonah Williams first.
    I certainly wouldn't mind slipping to the #1 pick and dangling to someone that wants Bosa and we still walk away with Clelin or Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    He's the guy I've been eyeing all year, though I'd likely pick Jonah Williams first.
    I certainly wouldn't mind slipping to the #1 pick and dangling to someone that wants Bosa and we still walk away with Clelin or Williams
    Agreed. I don't think Bosa will necessarily be more impactful then several of the other pass rush options coming out this year. He also already comes with an injury concern.

I want Daryl Williams (Car), James (MIA) or Brown (NE) along with Saffold (LAR) to bolster up our line.

I would also look at Ford or Trey Flowers and draft either Allen or Williams. Allen and Ford/Flowers changes this defense.

Williams anchors the LT for years to come.

I would like the Jets to trade back if possible and get a mid-first round pick alone with a future first and 2019 2nd rounder.

This draft is deep and would like have a seconder rounder if possible.

If we do not trade back.. then I would go for Jonah Williams.

He's the guy we need to anchor our O-Line for years.

Quote Originally Posted by knicks_champ View Post
    I would like the Jets to trade back if possible and get a mid-first round pick alone with a future first and 2019 2nd rounder.

This draft is deep and would like have a seconder rounder if possible.

If we do not trade back.. then I would go for Jonah Williams.

He's the guy we need to anchor our O-Line for years.
    I really think trading back is the best way to go. Unfortunately, it's contingent on a team needing a QB. I don't know if there are enough QBs worth moving up for in this draft. Herbert is off the board, he was one guy. There are a couple others but Cardinals also have their QB, so they could easily trade back as well.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast