Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    McCaw was a RFA and didnt like the Warriors offer so hes been sitting out. About 2 weeks ago the Cavs offered a 2 year $6mil deal with $3mil guaranteed. Would have cost the Warriors $11mil with tax this year alone. The Warriors passed on matching, he plays 3 games in 1 week, and the Cavs release him. Then after hes released it comes out the Cavs were interested in bringing him back.
    I still don't get it. The Cavs offer him a deal. The Warriors don't match. Now he is a Cavs for the year if they want and they have the option of opting out after this year. If they told him look sign the deal and we promise to let you out at the the end of the year and sign you to a bigger deal it would make sense that they skirted something to me. It doesn't make sense to me. Why would they sign him just to release him this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I still don't get it. The Cavs offer him a deal. The Warriors don't match. Now he is a Cavs for the year if they want and they have the option of opting out after this year. If they told him look sign the deal and we promise to let you out at the the end of the year and sign you to a bigger deal it would make sense that they skirted something to me. It doesn't make sense to me. Why would they sign him just to release him this year?
    The speculation is that the scenario was just to screw the Warriors. The Warriors hold his rights forever if he never signs an offer sheet, and the Warriors offered him more than they thought any team would offer, so McCaw sits out, then the Cavs offer him $1M more, he signs with them just before the deadline, the Warriors don't match, and he is released before his money becomes guaranteed. The supposition is that the Cavs and McCaw had the agreement in advance, something the Cavs do for McCaw (and his agent) with a pay back in some form in the future.

Tenuous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The speculation is that the scenario was just to screw the Warriors. The Warriors hold his rights forever if he never signs an offer sheet, and the Warriors offered him more than they thought any team would offer, so McCaw sits out, then the Cavs offer him $1M more, he signs with them just before the deadline, the Warriors don't match, and he is released before his money becomes guaranteed. The supposition is that the Cavs and McCaw had the agreement in advance, something the Cavs do for McCaw (and his agent) with a pay back in some form in the future.

Tenuous at best.
    got it. thanks scoots

Now its Pelicans,76ers and Blazers interested in Lin. Also Pelicans interested in Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Now its Pelicans,76ers and Blazers interested in Lin. Also Pelicans interested in Ross.
    Hed be prefect for Philly. They have no bench. They could bring him in to get guys rest and just tell him to attack the basket as much as possible for 15 or 20 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Collison gets his jersey retired...

I believe Presti also created a job for him within the organisation, which is a decent move. Retiring his jersey however is a bit of a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by SenileStern View Post
    Nick Collison gets his jersey retired...

I believe Presti also created a job for him within the organisation, which is a decent move. Retiring his jersey however is a bit of a joke?
    He was literally there from day one. Its not really about how good a player he was.

O'Connor mentioned 76ers,Thunder,Blazers also interested in Hawks Prince. Not sure why Hawks would trade Prince. But I guess since they got #5 and #10 draft selections at the moment a good chance a wing will be there that might be better then Prince anyway. So best not to have a log jam and other teams low ball ya when they see it. So best to deal him early?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    O'Connor mentioned 76ers,Thunder,Blazers also interested in Hawks Prince. Not sure why Hawks would trade Prince. But I guess since they got #5 and #10 draft selections at the moment a good chance a wing will be there that might be better then Prince anyway. So best not to have a log jam and other teams low ball ya when they see it. So best to deal him early?
    The Hawks won't trade Prince...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Maybe not, but his RFA is coming in 20/21.

Knicks and Bulls discussing a Kanter/Parker swap.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    He's one of those players who is good enough but not as good as the contract he's going want.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast