Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I have been pretty down on this team, but honestly assuming we aren't the 19th ranked defense, and that Rubio and mitchell aren't going to score this poorly the whole year, we aren't looking that bad. plus honestly I don't think anyone on this team is shooting that well besides favors and Gobert. is that something systemic or just random back luck to start the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cptgrnlngs22 View Post
    I agree about Rubio completely. I think we need to have a shake up for this team. Continuity is not working. We need to part ways as harsh as it may seem with a few players I think. I was looking at the numbers and if the jazz wanted to they could trade Favors and Exum with a protected pick maybe for a John wall of both teams need a shakeup come dec 15. Wizards may have to add a small contract to make it work.

Wall/Rubio/
    Mitchell/Burks/Allen
    Ingles/O’Neal
    Crowder/Niang
    Gobert/Udoh

This team looks like a good team. Even with John Walls monster contract set to start next season if the jazz choose to only retain O’Neal this offseason we will be somewhere around 92 mil leaving room to still possibly nab Harris or another fringe star this offseason.

Wall/(FA)
    Mitchell/Allen
    Ingles/O’Neal
    Harris/Crowder
    Gobert/Bradley

What do I know though lol. I feel like if the point of saving money is to get a superstar and you can nab one through trade what’s the difference? Adding wall give us a third great player in a position where we frankly suck. Trading away favors gives an open spot at the four to let the deserving crowder start. Wizards will have 25+million to work with in the offseason to try and revamp their team around Beal as well as getting a young point guard with potential and a good center with a flexible contract.
    so with the idea that we can't sign someone next year(not a given, but come on this is Utah) and the wizards would even consider that offer(doubt it) the jazz would have to take a look

Pro's
    great passer
    great rebounder for his size a few years ago(maybe age is catching or different scheme?)
    can score the ball

Negatives
    honestly his advanced stats aren't great
    his contract is horrible(makes 37.8 mill next year and scales to 46.8 in 5 years)
    average to below average efficiency.
    for his talents he should post better defensive metric numbers

I think John Wall might be one of the most overrated players in the NBA who puts up stats on a mediocre team. His contract can't be understated on how much it might limit a team if he doesn't play at an all star level. with all that said I go back to my first point. we probably are not signing someone so that leaves us with trades and I don't think our assets can get back much so I would probably take this chance and hope that Snyder can fix some of his issues(unlikely) or maybe that snyder can corral him in some and use his athletic gifts better.

We need somebody like a prime George Hill to play PG on this team. It's not a coincidence that when Rubio shoots at a half decent clip and scores 15+pts we are a REALLY good team.

I agree with everyone's assessment of John Wall. That contract is the worst. We would owe him 38, 41, 44, and 47 million. Anyone want to pay him $47,000,000 when he is 32? I'm not sure we have the money to give top dollars to Gobert and Mitchell in 2021 with 44 million on the books for Wall. This conservative organization that values cap space is not touching that one. It may be different if he was a top PG that could pair well with our 2 stars. I agree with Jazznc, an ideal player would be a defensive minded PG that can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I agree with everyone's assessment of John Wall. That contract is the worst. We would owe him 38, 41, 44, and 47 million. Anyone want to pay him $47,000,000 when he is 32? I'm not sure we have the money to give top dollars to Gobert and Mitchell in 2021 with 44 million on the books for Wall. This conservative organization that values cap space is not touching that one. It may be different if he was a top PG that could pair well with our 2 stars. I agree with Jazznc, an ideal player would be a defensive minded PG that can shoot.
    listen I agree that wall isn't a great option, but our assets suck. outside of our firsts we have nothing to trade so if we don't take a risk like on someone like wall our only hope is signing someone and we are Utah. I legitimately think that 90% of the NBA would only sign here if we offered a significant amount of more money.

I would give up almost anyone and everything for beal except mitchell and Gobert. just move mitchell to PG or beal to SF

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I would give up almost anyone and everything for beal except mitchell and Gobert. just move mitchell to PG or beal to SF
    This. But we have nothing the Wizards would want for either Beal or Wall. Well we have nothing that we'd part with.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    This. But we have nothing the Wizards would want for either Beal or Wall. Well we have nothing that we'd part with.
    I don't think wall is going to fetch that much honestly. his contract is abysmal.

man lost to the pacers without oladipo by a ton with Rubio shooting well. I have no idea what to think of this team. We have to fix something fast if we want to seriously contend for a playoff spot.

I think we'll be fine so far. It's still a defensive adjustment that our team is getting used to. I think it's affected us more than people want to give credit to. Other teams announcers were actively complaining about how much we held players last year, and it's been a huge change to not be able to do that any longer.

On a side note.

We're 4 games down from first place, we are tied with the most road wins so far. We have played the most road games of any team, and it's not going to get better until December - Where we will have played half of our seasons road games already. (which will be by FAR the hardest schedule in the NBA, and it's not even close.)

On the flip side we are going to have a whole pile of home games at the end of the season with fairly easy teams. So I'd say we're not too much in trouble right now.

Also, I hear the Wizards are looking to blow the team up. I wouldn't mind trading Burks, Udoh, and Seffalosha for Beal. I think that would be a great pickup for us. Then Wizards also get some expiring contracts for bids on the open market this year. We wouldn't have to bid on anyone in the open market this year as we got our big name during the season.

Beal almost came to Utah anyways, and if it weren't for Hayward, he's one of the two guys the Jazz had ready to sign. (the other was Kyle Lowry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post

Also, I hear the Wizards are looking to blow the team up. I wouldn't mind trading Burks, Udoh, and Seffalosha for Beal. I think that would be a great pickup for us. Then Wizards also get some expiring contracts for bids on the open market this year. We wouldn't have to bid on anyone in the open market this year as we got our big name during the season.

Beal almost came to Utah anyways, and if it weren't for Hayward, he's one of the two guys the Jazz had ready to sign. (the other was Kyle Lowry.)
    I think you are thinking of otto porter? and yeah Porter is crowder except he hits 3's, but makes a ton of money. if you can get him for free you think about it, but I think with that contract you aren't giving up future firsts or at least non lotto protected firsts.

Ah you're right, I was mixing up Otto Porter with Beal, never mind.

I think we should see if Washington is interested in moving both Otto and Wall. It would take away all of our 19 FA money but I would take those two in the FA any offseason. Reports are saying that Otto is not going to give a great return for Washington. Maybe a 2nd rnd pick and a rotation player. Walls contract makes him less valuable than a jimmy butler who yielded Minnesota two decent-good starters and a 1st rnd pick. All things considered you also have to see that the jazz would literally be taking most of Washington’s financial burden in one trade. Basically swapping talent they can’t use for flexibility to start again while still keeping what I think is their most important piece in Beal.

Jazz trade
    Favors (16.9ish)
    Burks (11 something)
    Rubio (15ish)
    1 st rnd pick

Wiz trade
    John wall (19ish)
    Otto porter (27ish)

Wizards are getting as good a deal as Minnesota got for Butler and Wall with his contract is not nearly as valuable on the market plus the rotation player could be a great player in another system the wiz also get financial flexibility to try something new this summer and an extra pick.

Jazz could use Ingles Crowder and Otto in a 3 man rotation through the 3 and 4 sticking with the small 4 lineup while replacing Rubio with Wall. I think that improvement is worth giving up on summer dreams lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cptgrnlngs22 View Post
    I think we should see if Washington is interested in moving both Otto and Wall. It would take away all of our 19 FA money but I would take those two in the FA any offseason. Reports are saying that Otto is not going to give a great return for Washington. Maybe a 2nd rnd pick and a rotation player. Walls contract makes him less valuable than a jimmy butler who yielded Minnesota two decent-good starters and a 1st rnd pick. All things considered you also have to see that the jazz would literally be taking most of Washington’s financial burden in one trade. Basically swapping talent they can’t use for flexibility to start again while still keeping what I think is their most important piece in Beal.

Jazz trade
    Favors (16.9ish)
    Burks (11 something)
    Rubio (15ish)
    1 st rnd pick

Wiz trade
    John wall (19ish)
    Otto porter (27ish)

Wizards are getting as good a deal as Minnesota got for Butler and Wall with his contract is not nearly as valuable on the market plus the rotation player could be a great player in another system the wiz also get financial flexibility to try something new this summer and an extra pick.

Jazz could use Ingles Crowder and Otto in a 3 man rotation through the 3 and 4 sticking with the small 4 lineup while replacing Rubio with Wall. I think that improvement is worth giving up on summer dreams lol.
    Taking on both contracts is almost impossible financially. We would be taking on 65 million for next year for just two players.

I agree that it is difficult for us to add a player as talented as Wall. Plus we could use an upgrade at PG. But Wall is just not worth the money. He is a below average shooter and his super max contract is a huge risk. If he doesn't work out and we are stuck we won't have the money to sign anyone.

I think I proposed something similar a while back. we can kinda do it because mitchell, ingles and Crowder all have decent contracts. Jazz would have to be willing to pay the luxury tax though. the problem is do the wizards value anything on our roster to entice them to do a trade like that.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast