Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cptgrnlngs22 View Post
    What do you guys think of this idea? If the jazz continue to play as they are with two bench players in exit and crowder playing better than two starters in Rubio and favors there is an issue. Wizards are having issues on their team so long coveted and still young (25) porter could be had. Favors is intradeable until January. Also I donít believe the jazz can poach more than one fringe star in the off-season with so many big market teams in the hunt.

Jazz trade: favors/burks/bradley(for offseason money) and 1st round pick(also for offseason money)
    Wiz trade: porter

2019 offseason we should have enough if we just keep OíNeal and niang to get Harris or Middleton.

If we let Mitchell run the ball.

Mitchell/Middleton/Porter/Crowder/Gobert
    W/ Exum/Ingles/Niang

Killer lineup there.

Or if we could finagle a deal with burks/sefolosha/udoh and use our two exceptions we could just sign an extension for Rubio and guarantee favors putting us over the cap and giving us an 8 .8 mill mid level to spend on another good piece. Giving us a team that is good but adding a solid piece in porter and another good rotation piece in the offseason. Jazz are all about team unity and this would keep it mostly together while still adding some good pieces.
    I love a good trade idea. Thanks for throwing it out there.

In my opinion the Jazz are committed to Mitchell at the 2 and Ingles at the 3. Mitchell is best as a 2 long term and Ingles is a starting caliber player. Thus I don't see us going after Porter or Middleton. It just creates a logjam at those positions. It would be different if Ingles, Middleton, or Porter could move to the 4 for more than just a few minutes but I don't think they can effectively. Your highest paid players need to be on the floor in crunch time. Why spend your money on a position you are already set at when we have 2 positions that are up in the air.

Point guard- is Rubio our future? Who knows? We likely need the rest of the season to make a better decision. I still think he could be. He brings a lot to the game outside of shooting. I can also see us going with Exum as our future PG. The reason I think we stick with these two for now is because of a lack of better options. The available PG's this summer are Kyrie (not going to happen), Kemba Walker (looking for max money and is a questionable fit next to Mitchell), Dragic (slowing down due to age), and Terry Rozier (too risky for what you will have to pay to get him). Those options are not impossible but I think it is much more likely to resign Rubio on a 2 year deal and let him and Exum battle for the minutes.

Power Forward- for the 1 millionth time Favors is a center. There is a reason Crowder has such a great plus/minus. The front office knows it and that is why they signed Favors to a one year deal with an option for year 2. This team needs a stretch 4. I can easily argue they should spend money on a new PG and just start Crowder. There are good stretch 4 free agents this summer like Harris, Millsap (team option), and Mirotic. The only one I would be excited about is Harris. Harris expressed interest in playing with the Jazz. He gives us a top stretch 4 and the 2nd scoring option we need. The Clippers would be crazy to let him go but they appear to be focused on top free agents like Kawai and Jimmy Butler. Two guys rumored to be interested in playing for the Clippers. I personally think Harris is gone from LAC. They had opportunities to extend him and passed. He is my favorite realistic option to improve this team.

I like Harris a lot too. I feel like if the jazz donít make a trade this season and decide against both favors and Rubio the. They need to go after the best free agents that they can and hope to come away with one. I feel like if your gonna take a swing you may as well hit hard. The nba is going almost positionless basketball with all of these players now being able to play more than one position. There are a lot of teams playing with point forwards. Ingles is talented enough to do that then you could go after someone like Middleton and have him and Mitchell playing the one and two both as scoring options. Idk. Iíve been watching the games and the last few have shown me that Mitchell can be an efficient passer and also has the iq of a point. I still like klay Thompson. Or a sweet trade of Rubio and favors for someone like Beal. Logjam I know. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Cptgrnlngs22 View Post
    I like Harris a lot too. I feel like if the jazz donít make a trade this season and decide against both favors and Rubio the. They need to go after the best free agents that they can and hope to come away with one. I feel like if your gonna take a swing you may as well hit hard. The nba is going almost positionless basketball with all of these players now being able to play more than one position. There are a lot of teams playing with point forwards. Ingles is talented enough to do that then you could go after someone like Middleton and have him and Mitchell playing the one and two both as scoring options. Idk. Iíve been watching the games and the last few have shown me that Mitchell can be an efficient passer and also has the iq of a point. I still like klay Thompson. Or a sweet trade of Rubio and favors for someone like Beal. Logjam I know. LoL
    Coach Quinn is a genius. If he thinks he can make it work then I'm all in. Middleton or Beal would be great. I can see the Wizards blowing things up and we have a few expiring contracts we could send. This of course only makes sense if the Jazz struggle. So far they are playing so well I really doubt they make a change until the summer.

I'm still pissed we somehow let Rose get 50 on us and barely lost that game. You just can't let that happen. Hopefully get back on track tonight.

this team has some major issues. can't defend at all.

so mitchell is hurt and we are now below .500. this team has some serious issues.

When the schedule came out I knew this would be a tough stretch of the season. I also think the freedom of movement rule change had hurt our defensive scheme. Give Quinn some time to adjust. I also don't like the slow starts we get into because of the stupid 2 center lineup. Can we just start Crowder already. We love you Favors, we just love Rudy and winning more. Starting Favors has now turned into a lifetime achievement award.

Yeah, we aren't looking like a good team right now. Can't defend anyone. Hell we scored 40 in a quarter the other night and gave up friggin 36!?!? This team isn't going to win like that. I dunno. Maybe last year was a mirage. Rudy has been playing extremely well but nobody else has been up to par lately with maybe the exception of Crowder.

It's time to move Crowder into the starting lineup. It's time to give more of Rubio's minutes to Exum. This team needs a wake up call not a trade. No reason to overreact yet.

We were a bad team when Rubio struggled at the beginning of last season. Here we go again. For us to be a great team it is essential for us to dominate on defense. So far we are average. However our poor shooting gives the opposition a lot of fast breaks and less time to set up the half court beast.

Remember last year when Hood was supposed to shine and earn a big contract and instead he crumbled under the pressure. Are we seeing it again? Is the pressure getting to Rubio? If you can't handle this immense pressure how do you think he will handle the NBA Finals? Rubio knows he is playing bad. He knows this is costing him millions on his next contract. I'm sure he is embarrassed about being left wide open. He is probably in the gym right now trying to get his 32% shooting up. I guess we will see if he has the talent or not. It's a very hard job and that is why it pays so dang good.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yeah, we aren't looking like a good team right now. Can't defend anyone. Hell we scored 40 in a quarter the other night and gave up friggin 36!?!? This team isn't going to win like that. I dunno. Maybe last year was a mirage. Rudy has been playing extremely well but nobody else has been up to par lately with maybe the exception of Crowder.
    It's because of the rule changes to defense. I was worried about this when I first heard what they were changing. Ingles and Crowder are 2 defenders that were GREATLY affected by that rule change. We're still an ok defensive team, but we need to adjust to the new rules. Or swap out guys who are better at defending with these new rules. Which can't happen until next year anyways.

Our 3% has also been atrocious. And what's worse, we're STILL getting more open shots every game than our opponents. It sucks now, but the percentages are going to balance out, that's just the way of basketball. It's a very long season and there's a lot of time to change it around. But man. That game last night against the Raptors put a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/11/06/uta...owder-lineups/

Stat of the day
    Jazz with Crowder and the other starters are +21.8 per 100 possessions so far. Jazz with Favors and the other starters are -9.4. Yes, you read that right. That is a 31.2 point difference.

When Favors plays with the second unit and Alec Burks the Jazz are +11.3.

Snyder knows this. Right? Does Favors know this stat? But I guess we will continue to try to make the 2 center lineup work. Congratulations Favors on your lifetime achievement award of being a "starter" and a "power forward". I guess teams will run a second man at Rudy and continue to leave you open in the corner. I mean you did hit 2 of 12 so far.

man people talk about rubio's shooting as if its really the thing that holds him back, but if he could just make layups he could probably be an all star. Jazz looking good till the start of the 3rd Donovan bailing them out so far, but can't complain to much with a 19 point lead till that shrinks more.

Favors just cost us at least 5 points to end the 3rd quarter. what a trash play by him.

Favors just threw it to a mavs player under our basket on the out of bounds play. so instead of being ahead by 19 we are instead only ahead by 12.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast